Chapter 4

Spring and Fall

 

The sound of birds chirping filled the air. It was a lovely morning. Changjo and Ricky were walking to school, talking about various things boys do.

“So you really went for a date yesterday with her?” Ricky asked. “Why are you still asking? You called me yesterday when we were at the boutique, remember?” Changjo answered, annoyed. “I was just asking. So have you fallen for her?” Ricky asked, again. “Are you kidding me? Of course not. There’s no way I’m gonna marry her. We’re still young, right?”. Ricky sighed. “That’s not nice, Jonghyun. If you don’t want to get married, tell her. Don’t give her hopes”. “Why can’t I? Although she’s different from other girls, she’s just a girl. Worthless.” Changjo smirked. Ricky can only shake his head. As they enter the school gate, Changjo asked Ricky “Ah, today we’re going to study together. Wanna join us?”. Ricky lifted his eyebrow.

___________________________________________

You scratched your head. Maths sure is hard, for you, at least. Hyunnie was good at Maths, but she has club activities today, so she couldn’t join you studying. Bella had some things to do at home, so she went back earlier. So here you are, in the library, studying Maths alone, waiting for Changjo.

Aishh. Where is this guy..” you sighed. Suddenly the empty chair in front of you were pulled, and someone sat. You lifted your head to see who it was. It was Ricky, with black-framed glasses and a cute smile on his face.  You smiled back at him. “You’re.. Ricky, right?” you asked, lowering your voice. Ricky nodded. “Changjo has some things to do, he’ll come later”. “Ah, okay then” you answered and continued with your Maths. Ricky opened his book while glancing at you, looking at the question you were stuck on.

“Um, do you need help?” Ricky asked you. “Ahh, well.. yes..” you smiled shyly. Ricky stood up and came over to sit beside you. As he taught you the question, his face was so near to yours, unexpectedly. When he was done teaching, you tried to do the question yourself, and you got the right answer. “Wow, it’s the right answer! Thanks Ricky!” you thanked him happily. “Shh, slow down. You’re welcome” Ricky said, knowing your excitement.

It was getting late, and Changjo still haven’t arrived. You stood up and told Ricky that you have to go home. “Ehh? Do you want me to walk you home?” Ricky asked, standing up too. You shook your head “No, that’s okay. My house isn’t that far”. Ricky took his stuff and walked out of the library with you, while talking about random stuff.

As you were about to walk down the stairs with Ricky, you could hear some footsteps from behind, so you turned around. There was Changjo, with his normally pissed face. Ricky and you weren’t surprised. “Well, I better get going first. Bye ___!” Ricky waved at you. You nodded and waved at him as he walked down the stairs.

You looked at Changjo, expressionless. He was late, so he doesn’t have the right to be mad at you. Plus, you’re not even his girlfriend. “Yahh, were you going home?! You told me that you were going to-“ “You were LATE’ you cut off Changjo before he gets to finish his sentence with your sharp voice.  “You were always late, ya know. You don’t have the right to be mad, I’m not even yours” you continued.  Changjo furrowed his eyebrows. He was mad, but you weren’t scared this time.

He didn’t reply you with anything, so you turned around and stepped down the stairs quickly. Changjo was following you from behind but he wasn’t calling your name or anything, so you decided to ignore him. As you were nearing the school gate, Changjo grabbed your arm from behind. You huffed.

“Go away, Changjo. I wanna go home” you pulled your hand away. “I’ll walk you home…” Changjo sounded scared. “No need. I’d rather walk home alone. See you tomorrow” you said to him before walking quickly walking home alone. Changjo stood there, dumbfounded. Nobody has ever got mad at him, so he was surprised.

A lot of thoughts going in your head. You could forgive him, if he apologizes. It’s one of the steps to make him stop being a hard-headed guy and stop him from getting mad easily. With this way, you could make him a better person without getting married to him. But your heart ached with the thought of “not getting married to him”. You scratched your head. Do you even love him…?

To be continued...

 

*************************************************

Hello! So how was it? Nothing much happened orz.

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year~ 

I'm having a week of school holidays so, I'll try to update often, okay? Thanks for the new subsribers, and thanks for reading! :D