Chapter 22

Spring and Fall

You looked up to the clock hanged on the wall. It’s 6pm, and you should be making dinner now. You and Changjo usually order stuff or eat out, but since Jonghyun is here, Changjo suggested that you should cook, since kids have to eat healthy food. You agreed, and that is why you’re in the kitchen right now.

You went to the fridge and scanned it, deciding what to cook. After a few minutes, you took out some stuff and put it on the counter and wore an apron. From the kitchen, you could hear the sound of the TV. You peeked into the living room and you saw Changjo sitting on the floor with Jonghyun while watching the TV. It’s a cartoon show, of course. You giggled and went back to preparing dinner.

After about an hour, Changjo went in the kitchen, carrying Jonghyun in his arms. Fortunately, you were done preparing dinner and was putting the dishes on the table when you saw them. “Ah, just in time” you said, smiling. Changjo smiled back at you and looked at the wonderful dishes you made. Jonghyun looked at the dishes and said “Changjo appa, let’s eat”. Changjo nodded and the three of you sat and had a wonderful dinner together.

 When you were all done, you wanted to clean up but Changjo stopped you. “___ ah, lemme do the dishes. Go play with Jonghyun for a bit and put him to bed”. You glanced at Jonghyun who was smiling cutely at you. You smiled back at him and looked at Changjo. “But Changjo... I don’t know how to handle kids...” you said worriedly. Changjo patted your head and said “It’s okay, baby. You can do it”. You were blushing so much so you turned around and took Jonghyun’s hand and brought him out of the kitchen.

You sat on the couch in the living room and looked at Jonghyun with a smile. “Jonghyun, do you want to play anything?” you asked, tilting your head. Jonghyun shook his head while rubbing his eyes. “Ah, he must be sleepy right now...” you thought and stood up to carry Jonghyun upstairs. Jonghyun rested his head on your right shoulder. Changjo got out of the kitchen and saw you walking up the stairs, and he smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up to the sound of rustling in your room. You opened your eyes slowly, and saw a kid, looking straight at you with cute watery eyes. You smiled and sat up. Suddenly you realized, Changjo was there too, looking at you from the window curtains. “Were you trying to hide yourself?” you asked groggily. Changjo chuckled and walked to stand near your bed.

“Nae, omma, prepare breakfast juseyo~” Changjo said, acting like a kid. You took one of your teddy bears and threw at him. “Not cute okay, not cute. And why are you in my room? This is called ‘invading privacy’!” you frowned. Changjo chuckled and took Jonghyun’s hand in his. “Let’s go out Jonghyun ah, appa will prepare breakfast for you”. Jonghyun nodded and looked at you, waving goodbye to you. You waved him back, thinking how cute he was.

You scratched your head. You weren’t sure which room you took Jonghyun in to sleep last night, because as you put him, you just lay beside him and sleep. You looked around your bed and wondered. Thinking back, you actually remembered that last night, you slept in Changjo’s bed. How the heck that you ended up here? You blushed at the thought of Changjo carrying you to your room. Did he really do that though? You don’t even dare to ask it.

It was already 3pm, and you were literally sitting on the couch, watching Changjo playing with Jonghyun since forever. It was a wonderful sight, because it was as if Jonghyun was Changjo’s real son, and the both of them were really cute. Too bad you’re not good with handling kids, and you don’t even dare to come near them. You sighed.

Changjo glanced at you and he saw you sighed. He called out to you, and you looked at him. “___, let’s go bring Jonghyun outside”. You raised your eyebrow. “Let’s go the park? Kids play there at this time...” you said. Changjo nodded lazily and you stood up and went upstairs to get ready. Honestly, since morning, you haven’t been doing anything. Changjo did breakfast, bathed Jonghyun and even played with him, and made lunch too while you did nothing. You were starting to feel bad. You silently wished that you could at least do something.

Arriving at the park, you could see kids playing around. Changjo took Jonghyun to play with the see-saw and everything there. You walked lazily to a nearby bench and sat there, looking at the two. You love seeing Changjo smiling and acting like a playful dad. A smile formed on your lips. Suddenly you felt someone sitting beside you, so you turned your head. It was an ahjumma. You smiled at her and she smiled back.

“Is that your husband and your kid?” the ahjumma said, pointing at Changjo and Jonghyun. You blushed slightly before shaking your head. “Ah, aniya, that’s not our child. We’re just taking care of him” you said, smiling. “Ah, I see.. Why don’t you play with them?” the ahjumma asked again. “I’m not good with handling kids... I’m afraid I might hurt him or anything” you explained. The ahjumma shook her head. “There is no such thing as that. What a kid needs is a mother’s love. Even if he’s not your child, you still should come near him. From my point of view, the kid doesn’t really mind to not having you around. I assume he’s not close with his mom either. So why don’t you go and let him feel like he has a real mom?” the ahjumma said to you while patting your shoulder.

You were quiet for a moment. Thinking back, you should at least make an effort for this. You can’t just leave Jonghyun with Changjo. You want to feel a child’s love too. You stood up and bowed to the ahjumma. “Thank you very much, ahjumma!” you said.. The ahjumma smiled and nodded as you walked away.

“Jonghyun-ah~” you called out. Changjo and Jonghyun both looked at you and stopped playing the swing. You have a wide smile plastered on your face. You came near them and held out ice-creams. “Omma bought ice-cream for you, Jonghyun ah” you said, giving your best smile to Jonghyun. Jonghyun’s eyes sparkled in happiness and reached out for the ice-cream. You turned your attention to the surprised Changjo and gave him his ice-cream and he took it with a still surprised face.

“What’s with the face?” you asked Changjo. Changjo chuckled and said “Omma knows best~”. You giggled and smacked his arm. “Changjo, go take a break or whatever. Lemme have Jonghyun all to myself!” you said, greedily. Changjo raised his eyebrow. “...are you okay?” he asked, tilting his head. “...Yeah?” you tilted your head too. Changjo laughed seeing your reaction and went to sit down at a nearby bench.

You squatted to Jonghyun’s eye level and smiled, looking at him eating the ice-cream by himself. “Jonghyun ah, is it delicious?”. Jonghyun nodded happily, not giving away his attention from the ice-cream. You waited for him to finish his ice cream and took a tissue of your pocket to clean his mouth that’s full of cream. You patted his head and he looked at you, almost questioning everything.  “Does omma loves Jonghyun?” he asked. You were surprised by his question. “Yes, omma loves Jonghyun. Waeyo?”. “Mummy never tells that mummy loves Jonghyun”. Your eyes widen. Wow, seriously. You quickly hugged Jonghyun and whispered to his ear “No, Jonghyun. Omma and mummy both loves you. Daddy and Changjo appa too..”. Jonghyun hugged you back tightly. Changjo who was looking from afar smiled widely, and his love for you had grown yet again.

It was evening already, and it was time to go home. You were walking home, holding Jonghyun’s right hand while Changjo held Jonghyun’s left hand. “___ ah, I have something to tell you”. You looked at Changjo and raised your eyebrow. Changjo was looking rather worried and sad. “Jonghyun’s going home tonight..” he blurted out. “What?!” your eyes widen in shock. Changjo curled his lips. He probably knows what you’re feeling right now.

“How come? Yoomi unnie said he’s going to stay with us for a while?” you were trying to hold your emotions. You had started to love and be close to Jonghyun and this is just so abruptly you feel like raging. Changjo was trying to calm you down. “Noona just called when we were in the park, and she said Jonghyun’s mom suddenly missed him and delayed almost everything just to see Jonghyun”. You sighed. Welp, maybe a silent prayer had been heard, and Jonghyun’s mom had finally realized his love for Jonghyun.

As you were nearing your house, you saw two women at the gate, standing and smiling at the three of you. Jonghyun realized who it was, but he didn’t dare to come near. You and Changjo bowed at them. Jonghyun’s mom thanked the both of you and shook hands with the both of you, and tried calling Jonghyun. Jonghyun came to her, and she took Jonghyun in her arms. All the time, you smiled seeing them, but then when Jonghyun gets in the car after his stuffs were put in the car and waved at you from the window, your smile faded and your heart almost felt like it was being crushed.

The car moved and you sighed deeply. You don’t feel like talking. Suddenly Changjo back-hugged you, and you were shocked. “C-Changjo why?” you managed to say. “It’s okay, he’ll visit us soon. Don’t be sad okay babe” Changjo whispered to your ear. You were already as red as tomato. When he let you go, you quickly ran into the house and got in your room, your heart was beating fast.

Your phone suddenly vibrated and you checked it quickly, almost dropping your phone in the process. It was a text from Changjo. “Mianhaeyo ___-ah.. You have been a good omma~” was all he texted. You smiled and texted him back, thanking and praising him for being a good appa. “Being an omma wasn’t so bad after all...” you whispered to yourself.

To be continued...

******************************************

Hello guys~ Sorry if the ending was too short I mean I have to sleep now but I insist on finishing this first ;;;;

Sorry if there’s some errors u_u

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting~ I love youuuu!! 

And oh lookie here, Changjo appa  huhuhu okay bye :3 (cr to the owner)