Chapter 23

Spring and Fall

Your vision was dark, as you walk slowly and clumsily, and your hands were being held by two of your bestfriends. You didn’t know how it ended up like this, but just as the three of you walked at the corner, Hyunnie had quickly covered your eyes with a thin black cloth. Your heart was thumping fast, and you felt as if you were kidnapped.

After a few minutes of walking, you felt like you had just entered a shop, and it seems like there weren’t many people there, as none of them gasped at the sight of you like that. You were then seated at a comfy chair, and you heard Hyunnie asked Bella to take off your blind fold.

“Surprise!!” they shouted when the blind fold were taken off. Your eyes widen in shock, and your jaw dropped. You looked around, and it was indeed the place where you have wanted to go since forever. “Hello Kitty cafe!!” you squealed. The place was pretty huge, with pink wallpapers and Hello Kitty here and there. There were no less than 8 people there, and they looked like they were used to this kind of reactions.

“Oh my God, guys.. Why are you taking me here today? It’s just Wednesday and we just came back from school and-“ “Ey, don’t tell me you forgot? It’s your birthday today right!” Hyunnie cut you off. You smiled shyly and scratched your head. “Don’t act cute, you’re already cute. Now tell me what you wanna eat, we’re paying~” Hyunnie said, pulling your hand to take you to the counter.

You literally squealed at the counter, seeing the food choices. Waffles, cakes  and everything else, it made your eyes spin. Hyunnie tried calming you down and explained the choices, as if she had worked there for a while. You nodded as she explained, and finally decided on what to eat. You glanced at Bella who was smiling seeing the both of you, and you smiled back. Somewhere and somehow, you could see that secret hidden in Bella’s eyes again.

When the both of you were seated and the foods were served, it’s time to eat! You slowly ate the waffle, savouring its taste. Bella took out something from her bag, and it looked pretty much like a cake box, but it’s smaller. She opened it and put it in the middle of the three of us. “Happy birthday, ___” she said as she lit up the candles. Your jaw dropped yet again. It wasn’t just any normal cake, but it’s Hello Kitty’s cake! You were so happy you felt like crying.

While the three of you ate, you talked about a lot of stuff, and then Bella asked “___, has Changjo prepared anything for you?”. You looked at her and shook your head. You were feeling quite disappointed too, because he didn’t mentioned anything about it since this morning. Hyunnie sensed your change of mood and quickly said “Ah, it’s okay maybe he’s preparing for a surprise too? Because the both of us didn’t mention anything about your birthday at school today too, right?”. Bella nodded and smiled at you. You ‘okay’-ed them and continued eating.

When you were done eating, you didn’t want to leave the place yet, so you continued to talk and talk, but you couldn’t get over the fact that Bella didn’t really talk a lot. “Bella, you’re okay there?” you asked, waving in front of her eyes. She looked at you and just nodded. “If you have something to tell me.... Why don’t you just tell me now?” you said, smiling sincerely. “Wow.. How did you know that?” Bella was surprised. Hyunnie smirked and said “Bella ah, you’re so easy to read~”.

Bella lowered her head shyly before taking a deep breath and spoke “Jinyoung oppa told me to tell you that... he wanted to meet you today at ‘the usual place’”. You gave her a look and narrowed your eyes, uninterested. You were just about to object when she said “I’m sorry but please, just this time, meet him. He’s a nice oppa to me and I feel sorry for him” Bella looked at you in the eyes. You could sense how much she loves her brother.

You leaned back and folded your arms. You thought for a bit, before sighing. “Fine, I’ll go meet him. But this is all because of you alright” you said with a smile. Belle smiled happily and thanked you. Hyunnie patted your shoulder and gave you the ‘you’re-a-wonderful-friend’ look. You pushed her away and laughed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After waving of your friends, you walked slowly to the so called ‘usual place’. Of course you would remember where it was. It’s a bridge in the park you brought Jonghyun earlier. It was the place where you and Jinyoung first met, and the place where you confessed to him. And it was your favourite place ever since. At least it was.

You stepped on the stoned bridge and went to the centre of it, looking at the river underneath it. You could see your reflection, and you smiled, adjusting your hair. You checked your watch. It’s almost 5pm. If you don’t get home soon, Changjo would be mad. He’s like a husband already. Wait, really? Does he even care? You furrowed your eye brows.

“Ah, you’re here”. A familiar voice made you look up, and he smiled at you. You weren’t planning to be nice, but it’s your birthday after all. You smiled back and gave him a formal bow. “Ah, you don’t need to do that...” Jinyoung said, surprised at your action. “Aniya, I think I should. Anyway, why would you want to meet me today?” you asked him. Without warning, Jinyoung came near you and wrapped his arms around you, making you gasp.

“J-jinyoung?” you stuttered. “P-please, just let me stay like this for a while...” he said, almost crying. You could sense how much he missed you since you broke up with him, and your hand slowly returned his hug. The hug was warm and nice. Your heart was beating fast too. You stayed like that for a few minutes before letting go. You looked at him in the eyes. “Are you okay...?” you asked. Jinyoung smiled happily and nodded, before taking your hand and brought you away from the bridge.

Where is he taking you? And where’s Changjo?

To be continued...

****************************************************

Hello guys! I think that the recent chapter badly okay /facepalm/. So I hope I'll have this chapter to make up for it! Well since these days are birthdays for people, so I was inspired to write this hehe. My birthday had passed a lot of days ago, so it's really unrelated lol.

And, guys, Hello Kitty cafe!! I'm a big fan of Hello Kitty, honestly. I wish I could go there someday, seriously man. That place is paradise ;;;;

I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for the comments, those little stuff kept me going hehe. And thank you subscribers, for putting up with me, although the story really sometimes. And thank you wonderful readers! You know who you are.

That's all from me. Happy birthday to any of you who's having birthdays! Alright then, till the next chapter! Bye~ ^^

p/s: guys pls help me like this on facebook. thankyouverymuchhh