Chapter 24

Spring and Fall

It was a fine evening, and today was your birthday. You were sitting on a bench, looking over a lake. And beside you was your ex, although he distanced himself from you. There was a gap between the two of you on the bench and someone would fit sitting there. And of course, silence.

“___.... how have you been?” Jinyoung asked, eyes on the lake. You lowered your head. “I’m fine, thanks.. What about you?”. “Ah, I’m fine too. But I couldn’t sleep these days...”. You quickly looked at him and asked, “Why? Are you okay?”. He turned his face and looked at you. “I’m not okay. I kept thinking of you..”. And the both of you were staring in each other’s eyes.

You felt a blush crept upon your face and you looked back in front. “You know that we can never go back like we used to, Jinyoung”. You heard Jinyoung sigh. “I know, but we don’t know the future. Maybe, just maybe, you’ll be mine again”. And it was your turn to sigh.

“Jinyoung, tell me, what caused our break up? It was you. And I still don’t know what you did. Start telling me or I’ll give you the cold shoulders forever”. You had always wanted to ask, but every time, it will be replaced by anger and you couldn’t bring yourself to ask him. “I... I’m really sorry... I actually cheated on you...” was his answer. He lowered his head too, feeling miserable.

“I knew it. With that Joona?” you were actually hurt. “Nae. I was stupid... I even snatched him away from that boyfriend of yours...”. You grunted. “Yeah, you pabo. And are you planning to snatch me away from Changjo? Not a chance” you quickly stood up and was about to leave when he grabbed your arm with his strength.

“No I don’t plan to.. Just, listen to what I want to say, please...” he sounded like he was really sorry. You turned to face him. “Talk in 5 minutes and less. I have to go home now, it’s getting late” you said. He took a deep breath in. “The other day, when I called you to ask you out, it was on the day Joona came to your house right?”. Your eyes widen. “So you knew!” you raised your voice.

“I was planning to stop you from going home because you might have a big fight with Changjo afterwards if you got in whatever scene you’ll gonna see. I was just trying to help.”. “But you knew I’m not the type that assume things!” you fought back. Some people from afar were looking at the two of you. It pretty much sounded like a love quarrel.

“No, you weren’t like that. Remember when I was with my little sister? You said she was my girlfriend.” Jinyoung doesn’t want to back off either. “Well yeah because she’s so pretty!”. “But you’re prettier, and that’s why I sent roses to you as an apology.”. Your eyes widen. Seeing him like this, he changed a lot. In the past, he would never fight back, and would talk nicely. In the past, you weren’t as hard-headed. The both of you had changed a lot by time.

“Well... that’s enough Jinyoung. I want to properly thank you for everything. All those memories, the keychain that you gave me, for making an effort to see me, thank you very much.” you gave up fighting at the thought of Changjo at home. Jinyoung opened his arms and quickly hugged you. “I think this will be the last time we’re hugging” he said. You hugged him back for a few minutes and let go.

 You adjusted your hair and said, “Jinyoung, we could still be friends. If there’s anything, don’t keep it to yourself. You’re getting skinnier”. Jinyoung smiled happily and handed you a gift box that came out of nowhere. “Happy birthday, ___ ah. I’ll be waiting for you”. You nodded and thanked him, before walking away, the box in your hands. You didn’t want to look back.

You walked slowly home. First love was hard to forget, of course. No matter how hurtful you are, you can’t deny that sometimes you felt like wanting to meet him for some reason. But now that you did, maybe it’ll ease your heart a bit.

As you entered your house, you saw that the living room was empty. You went upstairs and suddenly Changjo went out of his room, and saw you. “Yah ___, why are you home late?” Changjo said. Does he even remember what day is today? You decided to piss him off.

“Out with Jinyoung” you said and walked passed him to your room. “What? Why?!” he furrowed his eyebrows. “Because I can!” you got in your room and slammed the door, locking it. Changjo was really mad. He stood in front of your door and shouted, “Yah!! Open the door! I thought I told you not to meet him!”. “Well at least he doesn’t forget my birthday!” you shouted back from inside. Changjo suddenly became quiet.

Finally you realize. Heh” you thought as you sat on your bed, holding the box that Jinyoung gave you. You heard Changjo knocked slowly. “___ ah... I’m so sorry.. But that doesn’t mean you should meet him...” his voice was slow. You ignored it and opened the box. It was full of mini Hello Kitty stuffs, pink in colour. You smiled widely. He still remembered what you like after all these years.

There was a note too. And Changjo was starting to knock loudly. You grunted and put the box aside. You went to the door and opened it, raising your right eyebrow. Without warning, Changjo came near you and crashed his lips on yours. You were shocked, so you tried to push away but his grip on your arm was strong. You close your eyes, and after a while, he let you go and the both of you gasped for air.

“Wha-what was that for?” you blushed, hard. “An apology, a gift. Anything” he said. “Right. So is this the way you asked for an apology from Joona when you were dating?” you were surprised yourself when you said these words. Changjo’s eyes widen and his jaw dropped. “What had that Jinyoung did to you? Why are you suddenly like this?”. “I-I have to do my homework now” you tried closing the door but Changjo held it. “I’m sorry Changjo, please just let me rest” as you said that, Changjo let go and you closed the door behind you, and you fell on the floor with your back to the door.

You hugged your knees and buried your face. “Why did I say that? Why?” you mentally slapped yourself. You banged the back of your head to the door, cursing yourself.

Changjo who was outside, sighed. He went into his room and as always, called for Ricky. That night, Changjo was scolded on the phone by Ricky, for being dumb.

Is there any way for Changjo to make up for it?

To be continued...

*******************************************

Hi~! I finally updated right orz. I don't know why but honestly, I personally like love quarrels xD I mean they're cuteee haha and fights will always bring the relationship closer! (right idk what i was saying)

Anyway as always, thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting! See ya in the next chapter~

p/s: i made an exo fanfic here but oh it's rated so read at your own risk xD (no i dont force you if you dont wanna read it then dont lol)