Chapter 2

Spring and Fall

 

The bell finally rang, and it’s time to go home. You sighed and slowly packed your stuff. Your classmates were bustling and waving each other goodbyes. Bella came up to you and asked “Hey, let’s walk home together today! You don’t have any club activities like yesterday, right?”. You stood up and pushed your chair under your table. “I’m sorry Bella, I have um.. some stuff to take care of. Why don’t you go home with Hyunnie like yesterday?” you said, giving her an apologetic smile. Bella nodded with a smile and waved before walking out the classroom door.

The classroom was finally empty. You sighed again and lazily walked out of the classroom, closing the door behind you. You walked through the empty hallways and went down the stairs. You never thought that you would want school to not end on that day. The thought of having to meet your ‘future husband’ seriously made you mad. “Yeah he is handsome and all, but marrying a guy like that is a no-no. I’m still young too..” you thought.

After a few sighing and cursing in your head, you finally arrived at the back gate of the school. You don’t come here often, since students aren’t allowed to use this gate unless to go home, and your house is pretty near through the front gate, so the back gate is pretty much useless for you. You decided to lean against the wall beside the gate, waiting for this so called ‘future husband’.

5minutes passed, and he still hasn’t arrived yet. You were getting annoyed, and started to burn in anger. Who likes waiting, duhh. You were thinking of leaving, but suddenly you heard footsteps and it felt like someone was approaching you. You lifted up your head, and there he is. Choi Jonghyun.  He stopped his tracks just a few metres away from you. “Finally, you arrived…” you scowled at him. He chuckled.

He held out his hand to you “Hi there. I guess you know my name already, but just call me Changjo. And you..?” he said with his deep voice and a smile on his face. You curled your lips before accepting his hand. “Hi Changjo. You should know my name by now. But you can call me ___” you answered him before pulling your hands away. “So… what is it that you want to talk about? Honestly you sounded pretty rude in the text” you said boldly, showing a hint of uninterested-ness towards him.

Changjo was pretty surprised of your behaviour, and his smile suddenly turned into a smirk. “Well well…. So you’re not a nice girl that I thought you were..”. You raised your eyebrow. “Anyway, can’t I see my fiancée?” he said while adjusting his fringe.

“So that’s all? I have a lot of stuff to do ya know. I better leave now” you said and tried to walk away but Changjo quickly pulled your arm. “Hey, listen” he said, sighing. “You think I like being set up for a marriage? With a person like you, at that.” His words shot through your ears. “A person… like me?!” you gritted your teeth and looked at him with a pissed face. “Excuse me, I didn’t want to marry you, too! You’re not even a prince!” you were almost shouting and your voice echoed through the empty space.

Changjo was getting mad too, you’re sure. “Fine then. Listen. My parents told me to get married to you, because they said you can help me in a lot of aspects, and make me a better guy. Whatever that means. And they told me that I should know about you more. So, any ideas?” Changjo explained to you, his voice sounding scary.

You were quite shocked because nobody had talked scarily to you since your parents died. “W-well then we could go on a date… if you want” you were stuttering. You lowered your head. “…Well, not a bad idea. We could talk about some stuff. I’ll text you for the venue and everything else later. You may go now.” He said, looking down at you. You nodded and quickly walked away from him, and shouted “I’m not your slave, you know! I don’t follow your orders!” before running to the front gate. Unbeknownst to you, two pair of eyes were watching the both of your earlier, each from different places of the school.

As you got into your house, you quickly the air-cond and flopped on the couch. “That guy… Doesn’t he oppose his parents or anything about the marriage? He seemed calm but his words earlier… urgh I don’t know” you sighed. You got up and went upstairs to your room, took a bath and did your homework till night.

9pm, and your homeworks were finished. You flopped on the couch in the living room again and checked your phone. There it is, the message that you have been waiting for….not. In the text he gave you the date, time and all those stuff. You almost feel like a servant rather than a fiancée. Plus you haven’t told Hyunnie nor Bella about this. This Sunday, your first date with him. You weren’t looking forward to it, at all. But a tiny part of your heart wanted to befriend him, and he looked like a nice person. Somehow. You sighed again and started thinking of what to talk about, even if Sunday is 5days away….

To be continued…

 

*************************************************

Hi guys! Sorry that I updated kinda late. Busy with school and all. I'm sorry that there isn't much in this chapter, but the next chapter will be about their first date, so please look forward to it! Thanks for reading :D