Park Chanyeol

My Blind Date

 

RING!

“Hey, Solji. I’m going to meet Minwoo and the twins at the library. Wanna come?” Jeongmin nudged her.

Solji looked at him then smiled. “It’s okay. I have some works to do.”

Jeongmin pouted then nodded. “Alright I’ll see you later!” he waved then ran off.

Solji slung her bag on her shoulder then looked back. The new guy wasn’t there anymore. *Oh why the hell are you looking for the useless new jerk?* She went out.

While heading to the locker, someone who was shouting “Kai” with deep voice bumped into her. The books from Solji’s arms fell on the floor and her knee scraped on some inanimate object. “OWW!” she winced.

Solji sat up then started picking her books up.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t looking at the way.” a deep voice sincerely apologized.

Solji bit her lip as she slowly stood up, balancing herself from the impact and her scraped knee. She looked up and saw a tall guy worrying at her. “Are you all right?” he asked.

Solji bowed. “I am.” she started walking but immediately fell.

Before she could land on the cold floor, a strong arms quickly wrapped around her waist. “No you’re not.” the deep voiced guy helped her walk. “Let me treat you at the clinic.”

Solji warily glanced at the tall guy beside her. Her cheeks blushed. Her face was just inches away from the tall guy. His hair was slightly messy on the right side and he was wearing his uniform neatly.

Little did they know, Kai was following them from behind. *What happened to them?*

They finally arrived at the clinic. The tall guy opened the door with his free arm then entered Solji carefully inside. Kai didn’t went inside, instead, he watched them from the small transparent glass on the door.

The tall guy carefully sat her down. “I’ll be back.” he flashed a grin.

Solji looked at her knee. She thought it wasn’t that bad but it was bleeding terribly. It doesn’t looks like a small cut.

Seconds later, the tall guy went back. “Sorry, I had to find their kit. The nurse wasn’t here either.” he shrugged then crouched down.

“This might hurt a bit.” the tall guy said.

Slowly, he wiped the blood off, but accidentally added some force when Solji squirmed. “I-I’m sorry.” Solji muttered sheepishly.

The guy chuckled then continued cleaning the wound. After he finished, he put some Mickey Mouse band aid he found on the drawer. “There you go.” he smiled in satisfaction.

Solji looked at her cleaned knee. Her heart softened from what he did. “Thank you very much.” she smiled up at him.

The tall guy grinned then held a hand out. “I’m Park Chanyeol!”

Solji grasped his hand. “Kang Solji.” she shook it.

Chanyeol nodded then checked his watch. “Oops. Kai must be looking for me.” he looked at her.

Solji smiled. “It’s alright. I can walk by myself.”

Chanyeol grinned then waved. “Thank you, Solji. Take care!” he waved.

Solji smiled.

Chanyeol closed the door behind him. And when he turned around, Kai was glaring at him. “Kai!” he exclaimed.

Kai rolled his eyes. “Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for you.”

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry, I treated someone I bumped.”

Kai nodded. *Yeah, I saw everything though.*

“Shall we go then? Others might be waiting for us.” Chanyeol said and Kai followed him.

Solji groaned then looked at her bandaged knee. *Great. What’s his name again? Chanyeol? Park Chanyeol? Well he looks nice. Maybe he’s new. It’s the first time I’ve seen him.* She smiled at herself.

Slowly, she stood up. Good thing she can balance herself already or else, she’ll stay at the clinic until afternoon. She arranged the strap of her bag on her shoulder then grasped the doorknob.

Solji twisted it then went outside. She closed the door behind her then straightened her skirt.

But something caught her eye.

Solji looked down. A shining (because of the reflection of the sun) rectangular object was lying there. Curious, she picked it up. It was a nametag.

Kim Jongin

Solji read it aloud. *What’s his nametag doing here?* She looked up to search for him but he’s nowhere to be found. *Maybe I can give it to him next time.*