But why?

My Blind Date

"Ppali! Put it here! And bring this to the new girl. Double time! Chop! Chop!"

"Where are they?! Why aren't they here yet?!"

"Boss, should I resign now? That dude there probably swallowed a microphone."

"ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ME?!"

"Hyung, calm down. The event will start in three more hours."

Solji looked around with wide eyes. *Wow. I mean... Wow. Voices are everywhere.* Her heart started aching at the amount of people, and all of those are probably just the staffs.

"Are you alright?" Kai asked.

Solji looked at him then looked back to the people. "Yes... I think..." she tilted her head.

Kai chuckled then stuffed his hands on his pockets. "Don't worry. That's normal."

"Normal?" Solji cocked her eyebrow.

Kai shrugged. "That guy over there doesn't have patience. Bossy as well. But he's a cocky guy." 

Solji looked at the guy who's pointing here and there. "What's his name?" 

Kai looked at the guy then smirked. "Onew hyung!"

The guy, who was pointing here and there turned around then grinned. "Kai!" he ran towards them.

Kai looked at the confused Solji. "I'll introduce you." he winked.

Solji slightly shrugged and just stood there.

"Ah! You guys are finally here! Did you bring what you need to bring?" Onew asked.

That's the time when Solji realized how cute the Onew guy was. He was wearing simple jeans and a shirt with a red varsity jacket. His hair was natural looking and she had the urge to style it at the very moment.

Solji raised a brow. "We need to bring something?" 

Onew turned to look at her then back to Kai. "That's common sense, miss." he took a double look at Solji. "Oh hey there." he smiled with that smile that can make every girl around the place faint.

Solji awkwardly smiled back. "Uh, hey... Onew, right?" 

Onew cleared his throat then bowed his head in the most gentleman way. "My name's Lee Jinki, friends call me Onew, so you can call me Onew. Nice to meet you." he held his hand out with that smile still on his face.

Solji took a glance at Kai who nodded at her. She hesitantly held her hand out then slipped it onto Onew's large one. "Nice to meet you too. I'm... Kang Solji." she smiled.

Onew shook it then tilted his head. "Have we met before? I think I saw you before."

"Yeah, the picture I showed to you." 

the three turned their heads and saw Taemin smiling at them. "Hey." 

"Hello." Solji smiled.

Onew looked at Solji then snapped his fingers. "Yeah! He's right!... Anyway, are you guys ready for the competition?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

Kai whistled. "Always ready."

Onew looked at Solji. "And you?" he grinned.

Solji blinked. Hesitantly, she shrugged. "A little confident."

"Aigoo~ don't be shy, okay? Whether you win or lose, you still had the experience." Onew winked.

Oh, that made her melt. Solji looked away to hide her burning cheeks then awkwardly chuckled. "Uh, yeah..."

Onew smiled. "Anyway, you guys prepare or whatever you're gonna do for now. We'll call you if the event's going to start." he waved then sped off.

Solji blinked at him. "He's one of a fast man."

"Uh, he's not a man. As you can see, his eyes were printed with chicken when he came here." Kai chuckled.

Solji looked at him and raised a brow. "What?"

"He's the chicken guy." Taemin said.

"If you rewinded the scene earlier, he asked us if we brought the thing we need to bring right?" 

Solji nodded. 

"That's chicken." Taemin lightly chuckled.

Solji raised a brow. "I don't...get it."

Kai snarled. "He like, love, or whatever you call it chicken! If chicken was a human, he probably have million of kids." 

Solji laughed at Kai's fast words. "You're mean." she said between laughs.

Kai looked at her in surprise. Is this the first time she laughed without him trying? That felt good. Meanwhile, Taemin was watching his actions. Heck he's right. He can see a faint blush on Kai's cheeks.

"Look who's blushing." Taemin said before walking away.

Solji stopped laughing then looked at the wide-eyed Kai.

*Caught.* Kai thought.

"Kai?" Solji waved her hand.

Kai caught it then he looked at her eyes. 

"W-What are you doing?" Solji whispered.

Kai swallowed then gently removed his hand from her wrist. "S-Sorry." he walked away.

Solji blinked in both surprise and confusion. *What the hell was that? And what the hell he was talking about? Blushing? Blushing? I'm not blushing when I laugh, I'm total red. Maybe Kai? He blushed?! HE BLUSHED?! But why?* She wondered.