Tearful Farewell

My Blind Date

Kai clenched his fists inside his pockets. He skipped the rest of the class and he went to the bushes near the gates. Yes, he's waiting for Solji. He was leaning on a tree, a few meters away from the gates. Therefore, the guards can't see him.

"Damn it where are you?" Kai his lower lip.

Soon, he saw a black car approaching. He straightened up then ducked his head so that no one can see him. The doors opened and a guy with blonde hair stepped out. *Maybe that's the personal security? Whatever.* He walked a little from his hiding place then picked up a rock.

Seconds later, Solji stepped out. She was dressed well but Kai can see her eyes. Those pretty eyes were swollen. Other than that, her face can't be painted and looks like the whole world was on her shoulders.

*Oh my goodness.* Kai gritted his teeth.

The guy with blonde hair bowed at the driver then the car sped off. Solji and the guy looked at each other first before walking inside. Good thing Solji was walking to Kai's side where he was hiding.

Kai tightened his grip on the rick while watching Solji. The way she clutched on her bag tells him that she's really disappointed. Without wasting any time, he gently threw the rock towards her and it hit her arm.

Solji flinched and halted in her tracks. She rubbed her sore arm then looked at the place where the rock came. *The .* She squinted her eyes and saw the bushes brushing to each other.

Suddenly, Kai appeared. Her eyes widened and wanted to shout but she just can't.

Kai put a finger to his lip and glanced at Hyeongkon who was walking away. "Let's meet." he jabbed his thumb behind him while mouthing those words.

Solji swallowed then nodded. 

Kai sighed. "I love you." he mouthed.

Solji opened .

"Ya." Hyeongkon curiously called.

Solji looked straight ahead and saw Hyeongkon with confused face. "N-Ne?"

Hyeongkon blinked. "What are you looking at?" he walked towards her.

Solji's eyes widened. She glanced at the place and saw Kai already gone. She ran towards Hyeongkon then pushed him lightly while chuckling. "I was just playing with you." she giggled like a little kid.

Hyeongkon chuckled. "Playing with me? Psh." he shook his head.

"He-he-he." Solji forced a smile while forcing herself to look more normal.

Hyeongkon looked at her one more time before scoffing. "Stop acting cute when you already are." he walked away.

Solji's jaw fell. *What the hell is this now?* "Did my dad told you not to fall in love with me?" she said, a little too loud that her voice echoed a little.

Hyeongkon stopped in his tracks which made Solji stopped too. She watched his back for a minute until he walked away. *Sicko.* Solji shook her head then followed him.

~

Kai waited at the back of the dorm where trees, a pond and a small bridge were. The place was pretty isolated and only a few students know that place. Maybe the others aren't that kind of person who stroll around to find new places.

"Kai."

Kai turned around and saw Solji standing with her hands behind her back. He grinned at the sight of her beautiful girlfirned, looking presentable as always.

But what confused Kai was her reaction. She wasn't cheerful as before. 

"Is everything okay?" Kai asked, walking towards her.

Solji bit her lip then stepped back. Kai's eyes widened. "S-Solji." he stammered.

Solji lowered her head. "Stop... It's..." she shut her eyes.

Kai tilted his head. "It's what?" he asked.

Solji took a deep breath. She looked up and stared at his beautiful eyes. "Can I ask a favor?" she asked, ignoring his previous question.

Kai his lips. "Anything."

Solji looked down then started crying. "C-Can you...hug me?" 

Kai didn't hesitated for a second. He walked up to her then wrapped his long, warm arms around her petite frame. Solji immediately wrapped her arms around his waist, sobbing on his chest shamelssly.

"Jagiya, tell me. What's wrong?" Kai husky voice made her cry even more.

Solji tightened her arms around him. "N-Nothing's wrong. Nothing's wrong." she muttered.

Kai detached his arms to pull back but Solji pulled him. "No. I don't want you to see me cry." Solji said.

Kai sighed but wrapped his arms around her again. 

"Thank you." Solji said.

That's it. 

The words that everyone use made him gulp. The words that came out from Solji's mouth meant something.

Kai kissed her head then closed his eyes. "For what?" he asked, his voice husky.

Solji smelled the fresh scent of his perfume. "For everything."

Kai shut his eyes tight. *Please... No...*

"You changed me." Solji chuckled.

Kai smiled. "Really? Is that because I danced in front of you?"

Solji's tears started flowing down again. Remembering the things she had with him made her heart break into billion pieces. "Y-Yes." she hiccuped.

Kai closed his eyes as his own tears started falling. "Do you love me already since then?" he asked, voice shaky.

Solji swallowed the lump on then nodded. "That was the first time my heart started beating." she admitted.

Kai couldn't control his tears anymore. He pulled back then cupped her face. "You have to see me." he wiped her tears.

Solji looked at his eyes and saw it was red.

"Can you see these tears? Huh?" Kai chuckled.

Solji cried even more.

"This means I don't want you to leave." Kai bit his lips.

Solji shut her eyes as tears flowed down her cheeks. 

"But I can't do anything. Guess I'm not perfect then. It's just a simple problem, right? But heck, I can't do anything." Kai laughed.

Solji bit her lower lip as her fists clenched.

"I didn't know I am a man...until you came. You're the very first girl that made me cry." Kai chuckled.

Solji shook her head furiously. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." she cried.

Kai forced a smile then wiped her tears. "Shh. It's not your fault... It's mine..." he caressed her upper lip. "If I'm brave enough, I can solve this stupid situation." 

Solji lowered her head. 

"Look at me." 

Solji slowly looked up.

Kai smiled. "Always remember... You're the only girl that made me fall in love... And you're the only girl I'll love for the rest of my life..." he smiled but tears were flowing down on his cheeks.

Solji sobbed even more. "K-Kai."

"And no matter what..." Kai rested his forehead on hers. "I'll wait for the right time... The right time when the two of us are together again." 

Solji closed her eyes. "I-I'll wait... I'll wait for that time." she whispered.

Kai smiled. He pulled back then kissed her forehead. He didn't want to kiss her lips at this kind of moment because he doesn't want to feel how does it feel to feel heartbroken.

Solji closed her eyes, enjoying how his lip touch her forehead.

"Remember, I will always love you... And no one can change that." Kai took a breath then looked at her eyes.

Solji looked back, blinking the tears away. "I love you." she whispered.

Kai smiled then pulled her to a hug. "I love you too." he kissed the top of her head.

"Solji."

Kai and Solji pulled back and saw Hyeongkon with Jihwan. Kai immediately wiped his tears while Solji looked down. 

"What are you doing?" Jihwan asked softly.

Solji looked up at Kai. They looked at each other until Solji smiled. She grabbed his hand then opened it. "Take care of this." she put the thing on his palm. With one more glance, Solji walked towards her dad.

Jihwan was shocked at first. He thought Solji will pick Kai over him. Yet, he was glad because Solji chose the right place. 

Kai closed his palm as he watch Solji walked towards her dad.

When Solji arrived in front of Jihwan, she hugged him - a natural action when she's in this kind of situations; full of cries. Jihwan shushed his daughter while looking at Kai.

As Kai stared at Jihwan's eyes. There was one thing he can see.

Pity.

Jihwan gave Kai a small nod before walking away with Solji and Hyeongkon. Hyeongkon looked back to see Kai then followed the two while shaking his head. *I feel sad for this kid.*

Kai looked up and saw Solji still hugging her dad. He can see she was crying from the way her shoulders move up and down. 

He looked down on his palm and saw a ring. Kai squinted his eyes and his eyes widened in surprise. 

It was Solji's favorite ring. Her mom gave that to her before she died. And now, he was holding it.

*I'll keep this ring forever, Solji.* He tearfully thought.