Day 2- With me

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*If you noticed, the days are always gonna mix up, so it’s not chronological. (Let the confusion start! :D)

Chapter 7: Day 2- Shower

She walks out of the room, making her heels clatter against the cold hard ground of the hallway. The empty hallways feel brighter as she’s coming close to the exit. Nana wasn’t here the moment she woke up, so she had decided to continue with her job to watch over that human. It was going to be the second day that she’ll pass a day with her.

Yujin walked out of the giant doors at the entrance. She stood by it as she looked around her. From far, the great doors of Hell could be spotted on the mountains, chained to never be opened. Well, technically, it wasn’t going to open until Judgement day was going to happen and God would open the door to Hell and Heaven, found in a palace in the Light realm. Until Judgement day, the dead souls waited in another dimension. One day, the mortal she kept an eye on would end up there too.

She turned her head to the right, watching the big clock on the BOO tick as seconds passed. It struck 12 exactly when she decided to go and eat something instead. The creature had to eat too, of course. She was going to waste some time polishing her scythe and walking around until she had to go back to the human world.


“Nana went to the human world?”

“She had on mind to take a walk around the humans ever since she woke up.”

“Is she at least completing her jobs right on time?”

“Yes, she also has some later today.”

“Has she done any movement… after that incident?”

“She went twice into the DOTP.”

“I see. You may continue your mission, Zelo. I will have to give you a temporary human form in the near future. Dismiss.”

The dark creature named Zelo, who had to spy, disappeared into the shadows after he bowed once. Kahi took back her book she was reading and opened it on the page she was last on. She continued reading about the formula to give temporary human form to a dark creature. Meanwhile, on one of the small screens between millions, a boy was walking on snowy streets before the screen went off.

I should visit Jungah too…


Yujin appeared right in front of the condo’s door at the same time a pair of heels’ sounds was approaching, a meter away. Exactly 5:10pm. Behind that woman with heels, her neighbor was lazily walking behind, almost falling after walking on her sneaker’s lace. Yujin patiently waited just next to the door, examining the door’s feature. Jooyeon saw her and smirked as she searched for her keys.

“Can’t you go inside like a ghost?” She whispered so her neighbors didn’t think she was talking to herself.

“We can only teleport once into the human world. When we’re once in it, we have to walk and run just like you all. Also, we can only teleport to the outside, not inside buildings or anything.” Yujin was obviously still invisible to human eye and ear.

The lazy neighbor, named Lizzy, who was born in America and lived there 2 years, had finally caught up to her floor and just had to turn the wall to enter in her corridor. She stopped as she was about to turn in. She hid back behind the wall and peeked into the corridor to make sure she wasn’t seeing things. She saw her neighbor entering and another “human” behind her, entering into her place. Her jaw dropped as she was stunned from the weird human. She hid back behind the wall quickly with her hand on her beating chest when the creature looked toward her direction. Wishing she wasn’t spotted, she waited for the door to click before tip toeing to her door, next to Jooyeon’s. She clumsily opened the door, after her keys slipped two times from her hands. She mentally cursed herself and ran inside.

“OH MY GOD, you won’t believe what I just saw. I told you!” She loudly whispered to the guy inside.


“Close the door please.” Jooyeon removed her heels and let her bag fall near the kitchen after she hung her coat. Yujin did as told and went directly to the main room.

She sat on the bookshelf, hands on sides, watching Jooyeon move left and right. The latter first went into her closet to put her jacket on a coat hanger, remove her tie and fold her skirt in one of the compartments as she was only left with a loosely hanging white blouse and her black tights. She went back into the kitchen and searched for what she could have for dinner. Well, there wasn’t much in her fridge except for sweets, noodles, a few vegetables, milk, soft drinks and such. She felt like eating meat instead so she opened the top of her fridge to take out the frozen meat piece. She took out a big plastic bowl and filled it with warm water and placed the meat piece that was in a plastic wrap. Since she wasn’t going to waste time, she went back to her bathroom, just in front of the closet, to remove her makeup. In front of the sink, Jooyeon opened her mirror, a cabinet, to take her eye makeup remover and a skin removal moisturizing cream. On a piece of cotton, taken from the now close cabinet, she put some of the solution and pressed it on her right eye first, sliding it towards the end. She repeated the same process for the second. Finally, she ended the process with removing her foundation and washing her face completely with a clean towel.

When she exited the bathroom, she forgot her guest was still sitting on the bookshelf under the window. She went next to her and took the remote control on her enough thick TV that was attached to the wall. The owner of the condo repaired the screen for her when she had found it in garbage near the condo. He was enough kind (since Jooyeon always paid her monthly fee right on time for now five years) to also attach it to her wall.

She opened the TV and left it on the channel that appeared first. The news of 5:30 had already started ten minutes ago. The attention of Yujin went directly to the screen while Jooyeon was already in the kitchen, checking on her piece of meat. There was still a little part left frozen so she had to wait five minutes more. With her elbow on the counter and her eyes on the floating piece of meat in the water bowl in the sink, her ears were listening to the man’s voice coming from the TV.

“… The rate of suicide in France has risen up from 14.6 by 100,000 to 14.9. It’s not surprising as France is known as a stressful country…”

If I knew someone wanting to go there, I would have surely stopped them.

The bulletin continued onto the economic crises in Greece. Jooyeon removed her meat piece, now unfrozen, from the bowl and took out a pan from the cupboard. She turned around and placed it on her oven. With her meat in her left ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter