Day 2- Hint

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nana shifted in her position on the bed as she was slowly coming back to consciousness. She blinked a few times as her eyes adjusted to the brightness. She smiled as she saw Yujin sleeping soundly close to her. She felt even happier to see that her arms were circling her.

She sat up on the edge of the bed as she slid back the blanket behind her. She rubbed her eyes as she looked around her room. Nana noticed shards of ice picks had made a round pattern on her ceiling. Curious, she levitated to get a better view. To her surprise it was the heart pieces from last night that were rejected by Yujin’s body.

“How the hell did they end up here, did the rocket up or something?”

Nana descended back to ground level. She went toward her closet and picked out her clothes of the day. She remembered her hypothesis from last night.

Her heart… What happened to her heart when she became one of us? Did it fall into pieces and evaporate into particles?  Or is it secretly kept away in a magical jar? I’m not letting this go.

She closed her door behind her and stormed towards the exit. Her mother must be observing from her throne. To make sure, she decided to summon her pet.

“Where is Death?”

The holes beside the vertical stitch started illuminating and flashing as it stayed silent for a minute. The lights came off and a message passed through the holes, similar to a computer screen. It said that Kahi was going through a book as she was seated on her throne. Nana sighed in relief as she walked quickly out of the mansion, feeling much more secure.

She marched into the Base of Operations, commonly known as BOO between all messengers of death. She passed in front of the guards, looking them right into their skull. That was meant to scare them and they didn’t need to be warned twice about it. As she stepped inside, she was plunged into total darkness. She shifted into her real form and dissipated into the shadows. She teleported into the fourth hallway, below ground level, where the Department of the Past (DOTP) was situated. As soon as she opened the door, the conductor of this department turned his head in her direction.

Apart from the descendants of Death, the population of the dark side had genders. They were somehow the counterparts of humans so obviously they could make children and etc. The sole difference was the lack of emotions and feelings. It was actually more complicated than that to be honest.

If this was the human world, she could have used appeal, but she didn’t need it in a place where everyone knew her superiority. It was the same guy from the last time so he could already guess what Nana was searching for.

“You may go on.”

He didn’t even dare look back at Nana while he continued his job as if she never came in. Nana passed the thousands of bookshelves to finally come to a locked door. The spying eye, at the corner of the door, blinked once. The door unlocked itself and she slid into its abyss.

She retrieved the attached book in a messily arranged cupboard. She took hold of it and opened the leather straps to reveal its inside. She flipped through the pages to arrive to a specific run of events. She blinked in disbelief as she stopped right in the middle of the written pages. The last time she didn’t mind the details and hadn’t gone until the last bit of memory. Now that she had given precise attention, it just has to happen that a page of notes had been torn off. Wow, good job life!

Nana furiously threw the book into the cupboard without looking, making books of different size jump and papers fly off.  It closed itself off and its color darkened, making it similar to the rest of the books. She held her hands into fists beside her hips and started stomping the ground like a little kid. She angrily shouted and stomped into circles, clearly annoyed by the missing pages.

“DARN IT DAMN IT ARGHH”

She teleported herself out of the room, directly into the city’s center.  She needed to calm down. She whistled for her buddy who appeared behind her leg, sensing the annoyance in Nana. She picked it up and it opened its own stitches, making the matter pass faster so it can run away from her scary aura. A deformed heart was placed between Nana’s fingers as soon as she put her hand into the void.

“Give me the diamond shaped pin.”

It obeyed her order and she found a pin between her forefinger and her middle finger. She pinned it into the heart and dissipated into thin air as she placed it into her ribcage. That pin represented male feelings. She was going to go for a ‘walk’ into the human world not as Nana but as Neel this time.

“Hmm… ‘been a long time since I was a guy. Didn’t really miss the feeling.”

Nana was now in her human form, as a male. She decided she would call herself Neel after a trip into India where an old man told her she was as pretty as the blue sea she was standing in front of. She needed a name anyway for her male self.

Neel walked on a street half-filled of people minding their own businesses. He decided to stop and look into the sky, feeling the cold breeze in his black hair. He threw his loose scarf’s end backwards and walked closer to a giant monument.

The Eiffel Tower. Hidden under layers of snow, the view was breath taking. Snowflakes were making the picture more perfect. It was four in the afternoon and Neel hadn’t had enough of walking into the streets of Paris for a few hours. There was a sudden flash and the tower was covered in yellow lights. Neel decided it would be perfect to look at it from a coffee shop. He was stopped by a tap on the shoulder as he was turning away. Looking back, the stranger froze a bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter