Day 16/21- Up&Down;

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21:

Day 16 (Wednesday) to Day 21 (Monday): Up&Down

 

--

 

“Jupal… I think it’s enough… more than enough.” Yujin cried from the changing room in the back of the clothing store.

 

Jooyeon shoved another piece of item into her stall before stretching her arm in the air. “Okay, okay, that’s the last one. I can’t help it if you’re tall and you look like a model. It feels like everything is fitted for you, okay.” She smirked as she approached the door closing her view. “You should see the astonished look on the workers here, hehe.”

 

“I don’t know what you’re trying to pull off but move away from the door, I’m done!” Jooyeon backed away to let Yujin come out.

 

Jooyeon nodded in approval as Yujin turned to let her have a full view. She turned around to the cashier and yelled, “We’re taking this too, please add it to the bill, thank you!”

 

“Joo, I don’t know if you’re out of your mind, but I think you bought way too much until now, we’ve been literally staying in stores ever since we woke up.”

 

“Welllll, you could call this a treat. And what’s up, even if it looks like I’m wasting, it’s okay. I mean, who should I leave this money to? I don’t want to leave it in my bank account with a pile of dust over it. The workers are gaining their lives, see, it’s a good deed after all.” She grinned over her argument.

 

Yujin slumped her shoulders in defeat. “Aw fine. I’ve got two pairs of shoes, around eight tops, six bottoms, three coats, two scarves, two beanies, and all of that thanks to you.”

 

“Don’t forget the underwear.” She pointed out.

 

Yujin stared at her, “I think that was obvious.”

 

“Not to me.” She rolled her eyes in ignorance. “Come on let’s get out of here, I’m hungry.” She held her arm to the cash register so she could pay what Yujin had tried on.

 

 

Outside of the store, Yujin could freely ditch her invisibility as she paced next to Jooyeon. They held hands naturally and the crowd wouldn’t give a single attention to them, not bothering to figure out if they were lovers or not.

 

“I can’t wait…” to be human then. Yujin muttered out of nowhere under her breath.

 

Jooyeon still managed to hear it. “Can’t wait for what? To eat? Yeah, I’m crazy hungry too.” She pouted.

 

Yujin looked at her absurdly. “Huh? Silly, I wasn’t thinking that. It’s just… I don’t know how you see us, our relationship. I still have some ‘humanity’ needed to actually feel the joy of being together with you.” She uttered with a sigh.

 

Jooyeon held her arm tighter to her. “Eeey, I think what I feel lone by myself is enough to fill what we should both feel.”

 

“You’re that happy? Ah… I’m glad I kept my promise.” She beamed.

 

“Of course I am! I’m THIS happy!” She opened her arms all around herself, almost slapping a passerby.

 

Yujin held down her arms. “I think this bliss of yours might end up hurting someone, haha.”

 

--

 

“Thank you Nana… or should I say Neel, for accompanying me to the funeral. I’m so sorry to burden you.” Jungah clung onto Neel’s arm.

 

“It was my idea anyway; don’t burden yourself, unnie… euh, noona.” Neel immediately corrected himself as he guided her out of the taxi.

 

“Though I don’t understand why you’re using this male form.”

 

“I dunno, I felt like I should use it since we’re seeing people I will never see again, and there’s your dad, and… Okay, I have no idea how this should makes sense or how it relates.”

 

Jungah could only chuckle. “Aw Nana, you always find a way to me feel better.” She showed him her infamous eyesmile that Nana loved to see.

 

Neel grinned as they walked. “It’s all for that smile of yours, noona.” His remark only managed to get him a punch on the arm.

 

“Yah! Are you trying to flirt with me?!” Jungah faked a shocked expression.

 

“Maybeee.” He avoided her gaze and chuckled. “Oh, noona, there are already loads of people there. Quick, quick, act as if we are distant friends, ok?”

 

Jungah nodded and only followed Neel as they got closer to the grave of her mothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter