Day 27- Deadly

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31:
Day 27: Deadly (midnight)

--

"Yujin, hold my hand, I'm scared."

The ground had started trembling and it could be felt heavily even in the 4th floor of this mall. Jooyeon and Yujin had decided to go and stroll around an hour ago.

It was obvious, for the ground to be shaking like this, and going for the worse meant one thing, an earthquake was happening. And these two just had to be in the worst place.

Many people were screaming and it rose higher. The couple was rooted in place, eyes all big as everything was happening too fast.

"MOVE!" Yujin quickly took Jooyeon's arm to dash out of the store when she finally snapped out of it.

She looked around nervously as her legs trembled. She saw one of the benches in the main circle of the floor, where there was couches and a small fountain to relax.

It would normally be close, but the trip to it looked so far today. As they ran down the small five steps, a violent shake happened, making Yujin fall first and spraining her ankle.

"Dammit, usually nothing happens. Joo, just run for it." She pushed Jooyeon's behind as she sat on the ground.

"No! We can get there together. Come on... please!" She tried to lift Yujin up, but it was to no avail.

It was too late.

Parts of the ceiling were already falling onto everyone. The magnitude of this natural disaster was pretty high. Unfortunately, Yujin had to witness Jooyeon getting her head smashed down.

The last thing she saw was a pool of blood getting wider before blacking out.

--

"What's this smell?" asked Jooyeon as she placed her domino at the tail of the set that was already on the coffee table.

"Burnt... Did you forget something in there?" Yujin was already standing up before she could answer her.

"I don't think so." She still replied to the one n the kitchen." And the smell seems to be from the door's direction."

Yujin sniffed the air as she came out."Yeah, did your neighbours do something again?"

"Let me see that." Jooyeon left her dominoes and opened the door to the corridor. "There's smoke towards the stairs instead."

A children screaming could be heard, and Jooyeon's first instinct was to run down the hallway. She looked down the stairs to see and was shocked to the presence of flames. 

"Quick, we need to warn everyone."

Yujin did't hesitate to start banging all this floor's tenants' doors. She started shouting that there was a fire on the top of her lungs. Doors opened and people started packing up the most important things in this stressful moment. 

When she looked back, Jooyeon was nowhere to be seen. She ran to the stairs and looked down, catching a glimpse of dark hair entering into one of the floors.

She ran down the stairs and had to protect her face as dark smoke invaded the whole place. In between violent coughs, she could barely yell "Jooyeon where the hell are you?!"

Hearing nothing, she dashed into the fire without thinking twice, making a very dangerous decision. She went into the room in question, knocking down the door and seeing Jooyeon giving a piggy back to a young boy.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter