Day 25- Search

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24
Day 25- Search (Friday)

--

Tired after having her jobs done, Nana was walking back into the giant library without consulting the main conductor who had also ignored her by continuing to monitor his papers. She went back to the “Jinah” book of memories and opened it once again to read back from the start.

While Zelo is chasing some people, I will get back onto this case here.

There was something wrong and Nana finally understood what it was. This book was of a Jinah, but the thing was, it was from a Jinah born in 1979. It didn’t make sense, since when Yujin had caringly called her Jinah and hugged her; it was this embrace that an older sister or a mother would give to a younger one. And if you did look at their birth year, this just couldn’t be right.

Nana quickly walked out of the never ending rows and pushed the giant doors to the clearer area where the workers were paying attention to their books, screens and papers. She passed past them and went to the end of the board where the conductor was asking something to another worker. Nana went to his side and sat on his workplace, legs crossed.

“Were you able to find what you needed?” asked the conductor in Indian.

“You should know better. I don’t think there’s only one Jinah in this world,” replied Nana in Cambodian, showing a firmer tone.

He smirked, “Give me details then,” he said in Bulgarian.

She rolled her eyes and was ticked off by his personality, she told him in Moroccan, “Find me that name, a Korean, born between hmmm…” She thought of the possible space time. “Between 89’ and 05”

He swiped his fingers through the monitors and noted down only two names. He gave the parchment piece of paper to her and she went back inside without looking back to him.

The first book opened was about a girl born in 2000. The moment she touched the book, she noticed how thin it was. Opening it she saw there were only about fifty pages. She quickly went over it and learned that this girl never went outside of her mom since she was infected with some paralyzing disease. Worse was, when she came to the last page, the girl had died at the young age of three when she fell in the bathtub full of water, resulting into her drowning. Nana quickly closed the book and put it in its place. It sent her a shiver as she thought about the cruel life this one had come upon.

This can’t be the one, she never exited her house. I will pass onto the next one, she thought.

The second one was about someone born in the nineties. The description and the course of her life events were interesting and could possibly match Yujin’s own life timeline. Nana didn’t know where they met or how so she just guessed it could be right. She opened back onto the first page stuck to the cover’s inside, showing basic info and book number. She memorized them and got out of the library.

She went a floor higher and walked through the low lighted hallway. She gave a quick glance to the guard at the end of the hallway who was near the entrance of the Department of Visualization (DOV) and entered to her left while he kept his head high.

She faced the chef of the small group in the back and gave him the information of the said girl. He hesitated and took the paper and gave a look at it. He motioned her to follow him and wet into the back room, another giant one, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter