Forgotten Memories: and After

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30
Forgotten Memories: and After

-- (2004 May)

“Who are you and what have you done to the energetic Jooyeon and all-smiles Yujin?!”

Even though Joon kept pressing them on what had happened to both of his friends for them to act in such a way opposite to their usual attitude, the two girls still didn’t say a word, or they would smile weakly adding a “I’m okay,” but Joon knew better.

“You should go home instead and rest, you look like zombies out of their graves,” obliged them Joon as he walked them down the hallway.

Jooyeon turned around, “Thanks for thinking about us Joon. We’ll be back much better.”

“Yeah, don’t worry. Go back to class,” added Yujin as she held Jooyeon’s hand.

“Well the trip to the school’s doors has ended, appear again when you have been exorcised,” he teased. “See ya girls!” He hugged them tightly before jogging back to the third period class.

Yujin tugged at Jooyeon’s hand, “Let’s go to your house already.”

Jooyeon nodded and they both walked out into the school’s field. They passed the school gate and the streets were mostly empty. It was nearing noon and everyone was probably close to taking their lunch breaks.

When they were back to the older’s house, they just sat side by side, heads on shoulders, leaning onto the wall opposite to the clock between the closet and the bathroom. They were still in a state of grief and tried to force themselves to go to school, but it was no use, they couldn’t hide their expressions.

“Yujin-ah…” Jooyeon finally broke the silence, “I will make some relaxation tea, and you’ll have to drink it.”

Yujin merely nodded and Jooyeon knew she was the most affected, for she was really close, heart to heart, with her surroundings. She placed a pot of water on the stove top and the heat. Minutes later standing by it, it finally started boiling. She took out two cup and two three dry leaves of the “relaxation” herb and poured in the hot water. She brought them over and gave one to Yujin.

“Come on drink up… I know how you feel, as we might be the only ones to understand each other.”

Yujin was silent until she opened up later, “Right, Jinah wouldn’t like to see us like this… She was so… happy in her last moment. Somehow, I feel warmth come over me.”

Jooyeon hugged her closer, kissing her forehead, then her closed eyelids, “We should remember her as a blessing, a good thing that happened to us. We were able to live something new, and it was all thanks to Jinah, our daughter.”

--(Until 2006)

I want to learn a way to transmit my feelings, without words, as they will be forever stuck into the air, for everyone to hear, feel.

With that in mind, Yujin had settled herself to learn to play piano. She secretly took lessons for two years ever since the death of Jinah, as a way to calm herself down and give away herself to a moment of blankness in her mind.

Even if her memory was pretty short, she wanted to try her best and learn many things as much as possible. One day, after revising a song for two weeks in the school’s local instrument room, she decided it was a good time to give a gift to Jooyeon.

“Are we here yet?” asked Jooyeon as she was being guided somewhere with hands over her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter