Day15- Unexpected

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

why do I have to face the pain alone?

(cr to nal-itjima.tumblr)

 

for maximum of feels, listen to this meawhile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i0ggkirU4Qg

 

Chapter 19:

Day 15- Unexpected (Tuesday)

--

 

“Nana… Nana, what am I supposed to do?” she whispered to herself as she watched in horror the trace left on the window.

 

She shuffled over her bed sheets and passed to the over side of the bed to reach the hospital’s phone on her desk. She immediately dialed her cellphone’s number and listened to the endless ringing. She hung up and waited for another few minutes as her nails tapped the desk. She pressed the numbers again and this time the phone finally answered. She was about to talk when she heard familiar voices.

 

As soon as she heard Kahi’s voice, her head started to hurt. The hatred she felt against that person was over the top, and she couldn’t easily ease the pain away.

 

She finally cut them and screamed into the phone when she heard Nana’s painful cries. She shouted the truth and smashed it right into Kahi’s face. She suddenly got cut when the line started beeping. She slowly placed the phone in its place and got up. Her legs were trying to get her somewhere and she was willing to let them guide her wherever. She slid her room’s door open and walked into the quiet hallway. She closed the door upon the sickening white walls and walked to her left.

 

How can I save Nana… I am powerless…

 

Just then, a female voice came from behind her, “Miss.Kim? Do you need to go somewhere?”

 

Jungah turned around to see a female nurse in a light blue outfit with her arms holding folders of patients.

 

“Ermm… I was about to see my mother.” She simply put.

 

The nurse looked around and arched an eyebrow, “Ah, but your mother’s room is the other way round.”

 

“It is?” Jungah looked behind her to see a large window giving the view to a small building and a parking lot. “It seems it is. Haha, thank you, nurse.” She gave her signature eyesmile before walking past the nurse.

 

She took the elevator and pressed the button for the level two floors above hers. The doors opened and she walked straight to her right. She looked above the room’s doors for the number F-96. She stopped when she noticed she was just under the number plate. Her hand placed on the knob, she took a deep breath in before opening it slowly to make the minimum of noise.

 

Her mother was in deep slumber while the machines beeping noise were echoing in the room. Jungah walked up to her and stared at her before holding up her hand over . Her shoulders started trembling and she was trying to muffle her sobbing with her palm.

 

“I’m so s-sorry, mother. Just because of Dad, I couldn’t see you o-often… and it was all because of this relationship… that was tinted in lies. T-there’s so many things I need to tell you… M-mom, wake up…”

 

After calming down, Jungah sat down into the single placed couch two meters away from her mother’s bed’s feet. She was encircled by three walls, the bathroom was on her right and the left was just a wall. She could hardly be noticed if anyone entered into the room right now.

 

Jungah’s mother had been hospitalized for two years now, after falling into coma following a trauma. Jungah’s father had prohibited her from seeing them, blaming her mother’s coma on her. She was insulted many times by her own father because he didn’t accept her relationship, opposite to what her mother did, supporting her instead.

 

She plunged into the soft leather couch and stared still at the heart monitor. A black puddle emerged from the wall next to the principal door and Jungah only noticed it later when she saw a face she hated. She grabbed the pillow behind her and threw on the person in front of her.

 

“GO AWAY! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU! YOU MONSTER, LIAR!”

 

“Kim Jungah, I am not here now to fight with you.” Kahi replied sternly.

 

“You do not have any right to be here! Wasn’t it impossible to teleport directly into buildings?! Go away now!”

 

“I will go now, and you won’t see me anymore… forever.”

 

“THEN GO AWAY DAMMIT!” Jungah was getting furiously annoyed.

 

Kahi put her hand into her cloak and calmly removed a shiny rectangular object.

 

“What is this? Take it away with you!”

 

Kahi smiled sadly and looked for the last time at Jungah in her human form before replying, “Yo will need to keep contact in the future… with Nana…”

 

Death transformed into her real form, a skull with dark flames emanating from her bones. “Goodbye, first love…”

 

Jungah was left all alone, standing in the middle of the room. She took the phone and opened it to see that it was empty of all personal data. It’s true; Death didn’t need to follow up in the human world anymore. She went back to her beloved hiding corner to soothe down her mind.

 

--

 

“Almost there.” She invisibly jogged between the people in the hallway. She stopped by a door and bent down, panting. “I have almost no energy lately, hmm.”

 

The door was a little cracked open. Wouldn’t hurt to scare humans for once. Come on, so called supernatural activity. She placed her finger in the opening and slid the door open.

 

She popped her head inside and saw no one that would disturb her. “No one? So I can remove my invisibility since there’s no one to see me.” She closed her eyes and became visible to anyone.

 

She walked toward the bed and sat by the edge. “Hmmm… so this is patient Kim…” She placed her scythe by the bed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter