Day 1- Hypothesis

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

She walks outside the room, her heels clacking against the hard cold floor. Her mind has zoned out somewhere else as the hallway is as empty as her body. Nana feels there’s something missing in her mission, this quest she’s plotting secretly. There’s a hole in her not so genius mind.

How am I going to make her remember everything?

Nana isn’t some kind of wizard that has super powers. We could even say that her kind is like, the dark counterpart of the humans, with different materials, formed mainly with particles of dead. The only power she has, that would be quite impossible to have according to the human mind, is the fact that she can take any form, teleport freely to their blue planet, and make herself invisible or visible to their eyes. Of course, that she can also take their soul when they’re dead.

She slaps her forehead as she stops just in front of the entrance of the rotten building she was inside a few minutes ago. If only the memories of this girl were papers that had been scattered everywhere and that could be stuck back with glue, it would be hell of an easy job. Just as she thought of a hypothesis for the lost memories, her pet appeared.

Her pet was pretty weird. Its shape was similar to a ball of flame, a dark blue one but nothing that would show it’s a flame, because it wasn’t. It had two half circles holes in front with the stitch going from right to left, but still keeping a somewhat straight line in the middle of those so called eyes. Those holes started going black to white repeatedly, like a broken flashlight. It was actually an alarm, a reminder.

“Hmmm? What’s wrong?”

She pulled the top of its head, which looked like a tail of a flame. A message started passing through its eyes. The equivalent of a blacksmith, the man who constructed objects that took lots of time, had finally finished preparing her request. She started walking as she took her real form, to feel more comfortable, with her pet following behind.

As soon as she reached the place, she sees the skeleton of what used to be a dog, jumping up and down from excitement as she approaches. She caresses its head before entering inside the stone building. The blacksmith stands with a container in hands that contained a soft object with nails and whatsoever all over it as it beat in a rhythmic pace.

Nana had requested this object thirteen days ago. It took a lot of time to produce it and it wasn’t for nothing that she had taken bits of blood, skin and muscle samples from the dead corpses for two weeks of disguising as a morgue worker or a nurse in a surgery room.

This foreign object was a heart similar to one of a human. She herself had one that she installed in her empty ribcage whenever she went for a casual tour in their world. She could go just as she is, but the fact that she didn’t show any expression, emotion, nor reaction or to sum it up, anything like a human wasn’t a risk she wanted to live through between these scaredy humans.

She came from her trip to the moon when she noticed her pet pounding its head on her chest. She frowned and took the container. Opening the stitches with both hands, while ignoring the whining of the pet, she made the object disappear in an endless bag. She paid the man with a thin block of a material similar to silver.

As she was walking back toward the mansion, she felt the presence of someone. It was too late to notice as she bumped in a black solid wall. She stumbled backwards as she fell on her bum. She rubbed her nose and saw a hand extended in front of her. She looked up to see the blank expression of Yujin.

“Sorry Nana. Were you going to the mansion?” She asked in Korean, being the only language she knew.

“Until you appeared from nowhere, yes. How was your trip to the mortals?” Just in time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter