Day 31- Heart

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 38:
Day 31- Heart (Thursday evening)

--

In the afternoon, Lizzy sat next to Nana, watching the sea waves hit the shore down below while they sat on a bench under some kind of wood tent as Lizzy's scooter rested behind them.

Nana held the helmet in her lap as her eyes were fixed on a particular spot afar. "Liz... Thanks for helping me in my quest."

Lizzy felt a hand on hers which was between their thighs on the bench, she looked up at Nana. "You know I have a boyfriend."

She exhaled softly, it saddened her that she would say that again. "I know, it's not like you're two-timing on him. I'm not a human for you to do that."

She stayed silent, guilty to made Nana feel like that, why did she make such a stupid comment? She suspired and squeezed Nana's hand.

"You're right, sorry to have offended you. So... it wouldn't be so wrong to..." She accidentally nudged her with her as she tried to pull closer.

She left a soft laugh. "You won't get to see me again, so let this unhappy creature feel good again after so many emotional breakups." She took their linked hands and kissed Lizzy's.

The human blushed at the contact. "Nana..." She turned her face to her, "When will it be the last time we will see each other?"

She approached her face to hers, eyes hypnotized into hers. "In less than half an hour." She felt like crying suddenly as her eyes became watery. "Lizzy... I think I fell for you."

With a careful approach, Lizzy was the first one to move and kiss those dry lips. They stayed put before the caramel haired girl moved onto hugging her. Nana bit her lips to hold herself from crying at what she had seen.

"Nana-yah... I will make you feel good in these minutes. I don't mind at all."

She put her arms behind Lizzy's. "Me too... I will try my best."

"Well then, let's get going an' not waste time at all!" She broke the hug, taking her stripped helmet.

Nana nodded and attached on hers, black and orange, and sat behind Lizzy who was already seated on her scooter.

"Destination: Hospital!"

And with that, she the motor, rolling off the small hill onto the main street. Nana squeezed Lizzy's waist between her arms as the wind hid her sobs with her head resting on her back, while watching the sea from distance.

Lizzy was content having Nana so close to her. Snow flakes started falling down, she excitedly pointed to them with one hand.

"Look Nana, it's all pretty!" She stopped at a red light, putting her foot down.

Nana closed her eyes shut tightly. "Yes, it's beautiful Lizzy... Delicately beautiful."

Why did they come so quickly? Go away.

"Oh it's green." She pressed the gas pedal once again.

There's still five minutes... Five minutes where I get to touch you for the last time.

Nana could feel how loud the seconds were flowing in her mind. She was counting along with them, much to her displeasure. Lizzy's voice rang in her consciousness while she lifted off from the seat she was occupying, transforming half into her real form, cloak on, scythe in hand, completely invisible to human eyes as she floated in the air.

"We're almost he- Huh-

Lizzy felt like someone called here, for she had turned her head. The last thing that was registered in her vision was her boyfriend's waving hand, even though he hadn't called her.

She was about to smile, but it was too late. Nana cried as the scene unfolded in her range of view.

Driving at full speed on wet surfaces was always wrong, even tho snow looked innocent as it just had started to fall. A car had crashed head first into Lizzy, sending her flying over the car's windshield, crashing head first, marking a deep slash.

Her scooter spun off onto the side and everything became timeless as Nana watched Lizzy's soul lean up from the car's top. It noticed Nana.

"Had a good time?"

Nana nodded with a sniff as Lizzy came to embrace her. It slowly swirled into the scythe's gem.

I won't get to commit crimes.

--

Nana sat over her bed, holding a light

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter