Day 15- Jealousy

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

Day 15- Jealousy (Past midnight)

 

--

 

“I will admit it… I think I am in love.” She turned over to face her pet that was smashed on her pillow, looking straight to her. “… and I might as well be jealous of…”

 

She didn’t say no more when her pet jumped on her. She held it tightly against her beating chest, sniffing along. She had been lying on her bed for hours now, not being able to sleep after she woke up suddenly. Her room was dark and a small ray of red light came from the outside, like usual.

 

She couldn’t believe that kiss could trigger this much thinking. It means she had tried to hide and compress so much these feelings that they had suddenly exploded. She knew though that if she were to gather more heart pieces, Yujin would become more human and remember who she really loved. Although, she had lived for five years with Nana, which wasn’t something short. They were pretty much together all the time, no one could deny that.

 

Would she be ready to stop the good deeds for the one she loved? Nana wanted to feel selfish and greedy for once, to have Yujin all for herself. She wanted to live what all those human couples did, but with her.

 

But she felt guilty. It was wrong after all. She wasn’t meant to be with her, never meant to. Though she could change destiny in her own way. Yujin was enough good this way, what about keeping her in this form forever by her side?

 

She just didn’t want to go back to the human world anymore, leave things as they were. She would see no one and act like all of this never happened. Wouldn’t her mother be happy too? Everyone would be happy, except her.

 

She had to go back to the human world though. Jungah was still there. That big sister that she felt and that she knew she had to give support. That woman would never be able to stand back on her own legs to face this world. And she had no one anymore to see in her probably last moments.

 

“I need to go back there… but only for unnie.” She took her pet in her hand to look at it. “Come on, let’s go down there and get a breakfast. I will try to keep my cover and only contact Jungah. Yup.”

 

She got up and went for her closet to pick an oversized grey cotton shirt with a panda face and a white leg hugging jeans. She took out a pair of knee high brown leather boots and walked out of the room to end up in a café in the US so she could later go to Korea, an hour or two later.

 

--

 

She peeked her head out of Lizzy’s window to look up in the sky, or more precisely on top of the neighbor’s window. She entered her head back in when she noted the details.

 

“So… do you think it will work?” asked Lizzy as she laid on the couch behind.

 

“There’s this kind of pipe I could hold on with my legs. It’s enough spacious to make them pass through. I think my plan will work.” She looked around, her eyes scanning for something.

 

“Anything you need?” Lizzy sat up.

 

“Post-its and a pen, please?” She smiled as the younger one went in the kitchen.

 

After rummaging through her drawers, Lizzy came back with a patch of post-its and a blue pen. She handed them to Yujin who went to sit by the window’s outside edge.

 

Lizzy scratched her head, “Remind me where you got the idea from?

Yujin talked while she wrote on the post-its one by one, “You know I’ve stalked through many windows while families were watching stuff on their electronics. I was in America, your country, and I watched along with a family while they watched a movie. I later learned it was called Spider-Man, and it was the movie with the upside down kiss. And then much later, when I was in Spain, a girl was watching a Korean variety show of married couples with sentences under it…”

 

“It’s called ‘subs’.”

 

Yujin nodded and continued “…Yeah and that episode had the guy making a heart of post-its and he wrote something, I couldn’t see clearly, on their window.”

 

“Ooooh not bad there, Yu. Is this a way to get back to my neighbor?”

 

“I guess she would like it, since I kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter