Day 27- Each other

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29:
Day 27- Each other (Sunday until night)

--

Jooyeon walked out of the kitchen with a cup of warm milk in one hand after she had verified the fridge’s contents. She sat on the bed, a leg under the one swinging, while Yujin was on the floor, arranging her plate ahead of her on the coffee table. They had woken up not too long ago and were taking their breakfast, consisting of toasts, jam, chocolate spread and warm milk.

What did we talk about again yesterday night? thought Jooyeon as she extended her hand out for her own plate after placing her mug on the table. Strangely, she couldn’t remember what she had said just before sleeping.

“Are you okay, Jooyoo?” Yujin poked her at her thigh.

Jooyeon snapped out of her trance. “Huh? Yes, yes… I’m okay… By the way, let’s go eat outside today.”

“Empty fridge?”

Jooyeon nodded, munching onto her jammed toast. They hadn’t gone out to buy groceries for some time now. She looked ahead, looking at the light gray sky from her window over her bookshelf. Lost in thoughts, she felt something heavy next to her.

“I finished eating; I’ll go shower first, hm?” She stretched her arm across her chest.

“Already?! Okay… I’ll join you in later so take your time undressing.” She put the last pieces of her toast wholly in .

Yujin poked at her filled cheeks, before swiping off the bread crumbs. “So you can come and eat me with your eyes? Hmmm… ert,” she whispered right into Jooyeon’s ear, making her blush.

She giggled walking away, hearing Jooyeon’s intangible talk behind her back.

She walked inside the bathroom and started by removing her tank top. Just as she removed it in front of the mirror, she gave a glance behind, seeing her tattoo. She passed her fingers over it, seeing how much it became “empty” ever since their encounter.

My winged clock is getting un-detailed, disappearing… while hers is getting filled. Her clock of death is going to ring soon.

--

“Here’s yours,” said Nana as she handed Jungah a paper cup filled with a crème liquid.

Jungah scented deeply the smell, sighing delightly. “Mmmm, the smell of cappuccino… delicious. Thanks.”

Nana sat onto the stool and took out the newspaper that was secured under her armpit. “Unnie… I have a question, but I fear it might sound rude…”

She placed her cup on her desk and took the newspaper. “Go on, I won’t mind any kind of questions.” She gave her a reassuring smile.

“Well… you’re a cancer patient, and you’ve been here for almost two weeks. Yet, there’s something that’s been bothering me: you haven’t lost your hair.” Nana played with her fingers as she looked away.

Jungah chuckled, “About that… it’s because hmm… it’s a secret, alright?” She gave her famous eyesmile.

“Eeeeh?” It was obvious Nana wasn’t satisfied with Jungah’s answer. “If it’s like that, at least tell me if the coughing level lowered.”

“Hmm, it’s the same, don’t worry.”

It wasn’t false that Jungah had definitely lied to Nana right then.

--

The door to the condo opened with two young women entering inside. Jooyeon patted her belly, now filled to the max, while Yujin closed the door behind, also satisfied of tonight’s dinner. They opened the light in the living room as Jooyeon started removing her clothes when she sat on her bed’s edge.

“Let me take that,” offered Yujin as a pile of clothes was forming next to Jooyeon.

“You like the stripping show?” She wiggled her eyebrows, pulling off her socks.

“Pfff. Go away.” She scoffed, taking her clothes into the wardrobe.

She threw a pair of comfortable clothes to Jooyeon from her spot who was getting dressed, while she placed the worn clothes onto the hangers or folding them neatly. She stripped down to her underwear whereas Jooyeon was already lying down and buzzing through the channels. She put on a cotton short and a loose long sleeved shirt.

She was removing her round earrings and placing them on the side shelves. Trying to slid off her bracelet, she accidentally knocked off the earrings over the shelf as her elbow hit it.

“You okay?” yelled Jooyeon from her lazy position.

“Yes! Don’t worry,” she replied, crouching down. “Aww… now where did they fall?” she asked herself.

She tried to tap next to the shelf, but her hand couldn’t pass too far, and the tip of her fingers hadn’t detected anything. She got up and tried moving the shelf, letting out a grunt when she moved it enough to pass her head. Her eyes stung a bit to the dust that was behind.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter