Day 24- Letters

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25
Day 24- Letters (Thursday night)

--

There was the faint smell of sweet milk lingering in the air, coming right from the kitchen. Despite being winter, there wasn’t snow outside, maybe just a thin layer on the houses but nothing more. The grounds were fine as they were mostly dry. The air was still chilly tho, so Jooyeon thought it would be perfect to have some of the porridge dessert she hadn’t had since a long time.

She was going to prepare Tarak a sweet pudding like mixture that consisted of milk and rice, along with sugar. She was in front of the oven, putting milk into a measuring cup. She had already placed the sugar and the rice bag onto the counter. A head popped by the kitchen’s entrance, after hearing the noise.

“Need any help?” asked Yujin.

“Nah, I’m fine.” She went to see in her fridge and noticed something missing. She went to the cupboards by the fridge and searched the missing things but it was nowhere to be found. “I think I do. Go fetch my wallet.”

Yujin did as told and soon came back with it in hand. “You need me to buy something?”

“The stack of chocolate has already finished, get me some, I can’t live without it,” Jooyeon desperately clung Yujin who just chuckled.

“Alright, please make good dessert until I’m back, Chef.”

“Of course! The shikshin makes the best food. Come back quick.” She waved to Yujin in the hallway and closed the door.

--

The door opened suddenly and Zelo was taken aback. He stayed immobile, thinking Yujin saw him, but she was either too preoccupied or just plain ignored him, because she only passed without saying anything.

Jooyeon was going to close the door and Zelo almost tripped, remembering this was the only chance to enter inside. He quickly threw himself inside, smacking himself with the floor. Jooyeon, oblivious to his presence, was just a centimeter away from crushing his head on her way back to the kitchen.
 

That was close, thought Zelo as he got up and dusted his pants off.


He slowly followed Jooyeon, while looking around discovering the house she had been living in. In the kitchen’s garbage bin, he noticed crumpled paper balls. Err, my letters weren’t receiving love.


In the past days and hours, Jooyeon had been receiving threatening letters but she wasn’t interested in the joke so she had just crumpled them and tossed them in the garbage every time, rolling her eyes.

She was back to the pot settled on the top of the oven and had poured the ingredients into it. She opened up the heat and got a wooden spoon out to start mixing. She was humming when she felt cold air touch her ear. She touched it with her hand out of reflex.

Zelo walked up to Jooyeon and he knew it was time to play the last card. He caught up to Jooyeon and stood close behind, his face next to her right ear. Jooyeon’s hand almost touched him and he came back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter