Day 25- Jinah

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the title might say why the 990words will say a lot ;)

Chapter 27
Day 25- Jinah

--

“Yes… you heard me right.” The new secretary looked away, a sad expression on.

“You’re not serious… how could she get… skin cancer?” Jooyeon looked at her disbelieved.

“Since she’s albino, she has really sensitive skin”

Yujin cracked hearing the words. “S-so it’s all because of us?”

The secretary quickly got up. “N-no! I heard that even before that, she would still sneak out against everyone’s will because she liked seeing the outside…”

“Where is she right now? We need to see her! We’re her mom…”

“M-mom?” She was surprised. “Did you adopt her?” She started baffling through her papers; sure that she hadn’t filled such papers for the little girl.

“Ah, no. Not that way, just because we cared about her…”

The secretary was relieved that she wouldn’t get in trouble. “I see, you scared me… I guess you’re dying to see her then…”

“Dying? We’re dead worried! These women didn’t let us see her! Do you know how much that hurts to hear?!” Jooyeon raised her tone a bit, gaining the attention of a worker passing by. “S-sorry.”

“O-okay. She’s in a bad state, let me warn you first. I can only let you sneak in once, or I am the dead one.”

They both nodded and quietly followed the young woman. The corridors were poorly lighted and dust arose near the light of the lustres. They finally stopped at a wooden door at the end of few turn, the woman took one of her metal keys and opened the door, letting a loud creaking sound.

“Mommy!” A soft sick girly voice arose from inside.

The woman left them alone and closed the doors, whereas the two students had already run to the little girl. They hugged her tightly and smoothed down her hair as they asked questions, worried sick.

She let out a soft giggle. “Yes, mommy, I’m alright.”

“What alright are you talking about? You’re much paler and your laugh is almost inaudible…” remarked Yujin as she held Jinah’s cheek.

“It’s obvious huh… that I’ll die soon,” she started coughing just after saying those faint words.

“No, no! Jinah! STAY WITH ME!” Jooyeon shook panicky Jinah’s shoulder as her eyes closed slowly.

“Mom... I’m okay, I’m in your arms… and I’m… ha… ppy.”
<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter