Day 13- Friends

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12:

Day 13- Friends (Sunday Afternoon)

 

--

 

“Ummm…” the voice came from the door.

 

Lizzy turned around to only jump from her leather bench, to only fall on the ground. With a single “Oompf!”, she quickly got up to hug the intruder in the house. Yujin was still watching from her place, obviously invisible to the person.

 

“Be careful, you’re going to get bruised again.” The person hugged Lizzy tighter as she snuggled into his arms.

 

“I forget them whenever I see you, hehe. You’ve come so early! What’s up?” She received the bouquet of flower he had been keeping behind his back.

 

“Yeah, I got lucky to have finished the job earlier. I just wanted to see you back again, I missed you, babe.” He patted her head. “Also, were you the one to play the piano? I heard some song as I walked the stairs; you never told me you were good.”

 

LIzzy curled her hair between her forefingers. “Actually… I have something to tell you, come and sit at the table while I bring something to drink.”

 

The man sat at the table as he wondered what could be wrong with his girlfriend. Lizzy finally came back from the kitchen with a glass of soft drink. She backed the chair opposite to him but she turned around the table to sit next to him instead, leaving the opposite side empty. He tilted his head as he was arching his eyebrow.

 

“What’s going on, Lizzy?”

 

“Just watch.” She mentioned with her finger for Yujin to come and sit at the empty space. Yujin got up from her bench without moving it, making her slender legs pass over it subtly and walked to sit in front of the man.

 

Lizzy turned to the man and changed her tone to a serious one. “Listen, you know how I told you about the sixth sense thing?” The man nodded. “Well, we have a guest, like that. I swear it’s real, the thing I was talking about the last, last time.” She turned her body to look straight to Yujin. “Could you  please become visible to him?”

 

Yujin closed her eyes and reopened them as she became visible to the man who was watching with his eyes open big. When his mind registered the figure and what face he was seeing, he fell backwards, from the surprise.

 

“Oh my god!” Lizzy extended her arms to help him up.

 

“… Is he okay?” Yujin lifted her to overlook from the table.

 

“W-Wha-What i-is t-t-this?” he asked as he held tightly Lizzy’s hand while she helped him sit back.

 

“Oh this is going to be long… This is Yu. Yu, this is Joonie, well actually Changsun, but you know, the first one is easier to pronounce. English pronunciation if you know what I mean.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Joon.” She extended her hand.

 

He shook it firmly. “It’s a… pleasure.” Her face features made him uncomfortable.

 

LIzzy put a hand around his shoulders, calming him. “Hey, I promise it’s going to be interesting, she is good at your piano, and she was the one playing it. Well, anyway, let me start the explanation. Yu, if there’s any mistake just interrupt me, okay?”

 

“Please do.” She crossed her arms as Lizzy explained Yujin’s situation to her boyfriend who was less tensed up as she went on.

 

-- (Flashback)

 

She was running with her books in hands towards the guy who was waving at her from the end of the crowded hallway. It was dinner time and students were rushing to go eat something outside of their university’s classes. She excused herself a few times as she accidentally bumped into some impatient empty stomachs. She finally reached the boy at the end.

 

“Yo! How was your class?”

 

“Like usual, I kept staring blankly at the clock in the last hour, gosh.” She held her stomach as she sulked.

 

“Let’s forget that and get something for the singer in your belly.” He chuckled as she punched him on the arm.

 

They walked outside of the building when she went to put her books in her respective locker. They went at the main street, not too far to go to a sweet pastry shop. They got some breads filled with sweet red bean paste and others with whipped cream and coconut sprinkles. They turned around corner to get some flavored milk from the convention store. They returned to the main campus, where they sat under a tree with their plastic bags in front of them. They opened them and took out their snacks and started munching on it.

 

“Are your plans still valid?” The girl asked as she got some cream on her lips.

 

“Cream on corners.” He pointed out first, “And yeah, when this year will finish, I’ll transfer to America to continue my studies there.”

 

She pouted as she wiped her lips with her handkerchief. “And that’s it?”

 

“Oh, don’t worry; I will come to visit at once. You sound as if you were my girlfriend.” He smoothed his neck.

 

She chuckles, “Speaking o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter