Day 28- Missed you

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Chapter 35:
Day 28- Missed you (Monday morning)

--

The smell of freshly baked crepes lingered in the air as it made its way into the whole place. Yujin had woken up first and decided to surprise Jooyeon with one of her favourite breakfast, since the mentioned one had yet to wake up.

As she piled up crepes, she took one at a time, spreading chocolate and hazelnut mix spread, slicing in fresh banana and strawberry they had bought yesterday, closing it loosely, filing the open top with whipped cream, spraying and fizzling all over broken nuts and syrup, putting it aside and passing onto the next one. (i ate that this morning hehe- fresh in mind)

She washed the dirty dishes clean and set them to dry. She went in the living room and took the coffee table from under the TV and put in the middle of the main room. She brought the plates, utensils and mugs one by one.

She sat on the bed's edge and caressed Jooyeon's head, asking her to wake up as she nudged her sleeping body with her .

"Wake me up... and the queen... of the island of sweets... will put you... through a curse," muttered Jooyeon.

Yujin chuckled as she thought, that's the Jooyeon of the old times.

"Come on~ wake up Juyu~" She cutely whined as she pushed her.

"YUJIN! I LOVE YOU, LEAVE ME ALONE." She suddenly sat, throwing her sheets on Yujin and rubbed her sleepy eyes. "Whaaat?" She pouted as her eyes were half closed.

Yujin tried to remove the sheets, also messing her hair in the process. Jooyeon, seeing the face in front of her, jaw dropped and tackled Yujin down in a tight embrace face to face.

"Yuyu, I love you. I love you. I LOVE YOUUU!" She almost yelled, about to make Yujin deaf. "How long has it been since I told you that?" Her eyes were glistening as she looked.
 

"Jupal-ah. It has been five years. Five years where your real memories were frozen. Do you remember?"

"Yes. I remember everything. What really happened and what could have happened if I never met you."

"And this all happened because of my mindless decision."

"I understand you, if you had died then... I wouldn't be able to take it, you know that."

"That's right, but Joo, you won't live for long, you know the reason why I'm here again, right?"

"Unfortunately, yeah. You're still a death messenger? If you are to take my soul, what will you do next?"

Yujin removed herself from Jooyeon's arms and lifted up her shirt, showing her almost her s. "See this?" She pointed at a black hole under her left one, "It's the path to put something that's still missing in here." She rearranged her top, "And for that... should I get a brainwash?"

"No, don't do that, there's still... JUNGAH UNNIE!" exclaimed Jooyeon as she realized who was left.

"Unnie! We have to see her, she's resting in the hospital."

"Hospital?! That reminds me, she left me her number after..." Jooyeon became silent, reminiscing that bad day.

Yujin tensed the change in her and hugged her immediately as she petted her head. "Don't think of that, I wasn't myself, I would have killed them before you knew it. I'm so sorry."

Jooyeon was almost at tears as she clutched Yujin's back. "I was so scared and whenever it comes to mind, it sends me shivers all over."

"I'm so stupid," muttered Yujin as Jooyeon cuddled to her. "Give me Jungah unnie's number so I call her while you eat, mmkay?" She kissed her forehead as she brought her down to sit on the floor.

Jooyeon started cutting up her food as she squealed chewing the sweet heaven that was in . Meanwhile, Yujin hugged her close to her body with one arm while she shuffled her hand under the pillow to find Jooyeon's cellphone. When she found it, she quickly dialed her sister's number.

As soon as the ringing went off, a different female voice answered, "Hello?"

Yujin was taken aback by the voice but managed to speak. "Isn't this Jungah's number?"


"Ah, unnie? She's in the hospital, she's waiting for you."


"W-who is this?"


"You already know me," and with that, the phone hung up.


"Is everything alright?" asked Jooyeon with full.


"Yes, we can go see her as soon as we finish eating." She poked her nose, "and don't speak with your mouth full."


She stuck out her tongue, "You can't tell me what to do."


Yujin trapped Jooyeon with her legs around her waist and her arms around her chest. "I can. Feed me."

 

Jooyeon knew she wouldn't be able to save herself from Yujin's koala hug so she fed her a piece, but she didn't leave her yet. "I love you Joo and will be with you.."


"Until Death do us part?"


"Nope, even beyond that." She smiled as she was fed again.

 

--


Jungah was resting on her bed like the usual with a book between her hands. Her eyes might be glued to the pages but her mind was somewhere else. As soon as she heard a knocking at her door, she immediately closed the book and responded with anticipation.


"C-come in!"


Her shoulders dropped when she saw the nurse come in. "Waiting for someone, Miss Kim?"

 

"Yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter