Ring my death

To Death, my friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

"Ah, sorry... Err, no it's okay. Haha, have a good time, careful guys~"

She tried her best to smile as she forced herself between the drunken partiers, also known as her coworkers. It was the last night of 2012 and everyone in the city was partying their lives out. The smell of the alcohol and the heat in the room only made Juyeon more nauseous. The lack of oxygen made her run to the closest exit. The door a few meters away from her shined in her eyes as she didn’t distract herself from its view. She finally squeezed out from the last bit of people and stood in front of her soon to be savior. She arranged her white printed dress as well as her light teal blazer. She dusted off imaginary particles from her shoulders and pushed the door to her liberty.

She was greeted by a series of stairs as soon as the door closed behind her. She took the way up and climbed the stairs quickly.  Pushing her side bangs off from her face, she felt an upcoming breeze of cold air. She mentally regretted not fetching her coat. The rooftop was probably covered in snow, but heck, who would want to return in that room?

Another door, much more heavier appeared once again. The small window on it gave a view of the rooftop. Obviously, as she had guessed, it was covered with a tiny layer of snow; some corners seemed to have lots more though. Juyeon takes a breath of air as she pushes the door with both of her hands. She can feel her legs tremble as they come in contact with the air. She receives a slap of ice as she narrows her eyes to the view as if it was going to stop the wind from coming to her eyes. She walks straight as she rubs her arms. She even makes a knot under her chin with her hair to use it as a scarf, such a smart brain.

But she has to be honest; the view over the city is breath taking with the neon lights from the clubs and the undying cheers of its citizens. There are just a few minutes until the New Year. She stretches and starts flailing her arms around with circular motions as if sudden warmth would hug her. She stretches them on top of her head with her palms open to the sky, as if ready to cast a lightning spell. She closes her eyes and feels something wet in her hands. She brings them back to her face to study the matter. It’s a snowflake, or more like, a melted one. She looks up to see the arrival of an upcoming layer of snow. She frowns as she brings her hands to as she uses her breath to warm them.

“The clouds are so happy they decided to cry but their tears froze. Tch.”

She smirks at her own lame joke. Although, there’s something suddenly wrong. The snowflakes on her hands aren’t melting anymore and it seems the falling ones froze in their own place, staying suspended in air.

“Huh? What the hell is goin-“

“The scenery is beautiful, right?”

She abruptly turns around to see the owner of the voice. What she sees is something that defies all the laws of nature, yet it’s there in front of her. It’s a beautiful creation y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter