His pain

The Psychopath

CRASH!

Both of their heads whipped at the crashing sound. It seems to be coming from the kitchen. Chanyeol's question was momentarily forgotten as the two of them rushed towards the kitchen. They skidded to a stop when they saw glass shreds on the kitchen tile and a gaping hole in the window. Se Ri as well as Chanyeol were too stunned and neither moved from their spot. Chanyeol's eyes searched the area and spotted a small piece of stone at the corner of the kitchen. Slowly he made his way towards it and picked it up. Se Ri watched his movements, curious with what he was doing. He turned around and held out his palm, showing the piece of stone to Se Ri. Hesistanly, she walked towards him, avoiding the glass shreds on the floor and stared at the stone.

"Someone must have thrown this." Chanyeol broke the silence. Se Ri's eyes flitted up to him.
"What are you saying?" she replied, obviiously confused with Chanyeol's choice of words.
"I said, someone must have thrown this." he stated again.

Se Ri shook her head, refusing to believe.

"Don't sprout nonsense, Yeol." Se Ri shook her head. "It's probably the cat or..or..a rat...or some pest."
Chanyeol stared at her. "Did you make any enemies lately, Se Ri?"
Surprised by his question, Se Ri almost raised her voice. "What?! Of course not! I barely know anyone here."
"Friends? Did you make any? Surely Saejin noona would introduce you to the neighbours or something."

Se Ri lowered her gaze.

"Where is she? I'm dying to meet her, actually." Chanyeol questioned.
"Yeol...." she trailed.
"Noona! Are you here?" Chanyeol walked back to the living room calling out for Saejin, thinking she was probably in her room. "Noona? Are you in your room? Come down here! It's Yeollie!"

Anger suddenly formed in the pit of Se Ri's stomach. She stomped back to the living room. Her hands curled into fists.

"SHUT UP YEOL!"

Stunned, Chanyeol faced her with wide eyes. Before he could ask her what's wrong she cut him off.

"She's not here, Yeol." Se Ri replied with hot tears almost forming in her eyes.
"She went out or something? What time will she be back?" he asked her.
"No Yeol. She won't be back..."
"In that case -"
"...ever." Tears streamed down her face. "She's gone Yeol. She's dead. I found her dead when I just got here. She was murdered! SOMEONE KILLED HER!" Se Ri yelled. Se Ri sank to her knees and sobbed like a lost child.

Chanyeol was at lost for words. He was taken aback by the sudden information Se Ri had told him. Chanyeol had known Saejin since young. He practically grew up with Saejin and Se Ri, they played together and at one point, Chanyeol vowed to marry Saejin when he grew older.

Tears formed in his eyes as well. He dragged his feet towards Se Ri and embraced her. He pushed her head to his chest and let her cry for as long as she needs. His hands smoothed down her hair to comfort her.
"Yeol....I miss her....." Se Ri said in between sobs.
"Shhhhh." Chanyeol shushed her.
"If only the plane wasn't delayed, I could have prevented it. She would be with me now!" Se Ri slapped his chest and squirmed in his embrace.
As tears slid down his cheeks, Chanyeol said, "Se Ri ah, it's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself."
She looked up to him with red swollen eyes, "Yeol, we need to find the one who killed Saejin. The authorities are useless. Will you help me, Yeol?"
Chanyeol stared at her for a couple of seconds before nodding. "Anything for you Se Ri. I'll do whatever it takes to find the murderer for you."
Se Ri continued to sob in his chest, "Thank..you...Yeol...."

That night, the both of them spent the wee hours of the morning talking and seeking comfort from each other, eventually falling asleep on each other's shoulder.

-------------------

"ARGHHHHHHH!" Kai swung the glass of water he'd been holding on the wall. He gripped his hair and sat at the edge of his bed. His mind had been replaying the scene of his past, mostly of Saejin.

Flashback

"What is wrong with you, Kai?! Stop pulling me!" Saejin shouted as she was being dragged by angry Kai. Kai spunned around and pinned her to the wall.
"What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?!" Kai snarled at her. Saejin squirmed and tried to push Kai by his shoulder.
"Kai, stop it. Someone would see us." Saejin pleaded, scared at the hostility in his eyes. Kai's eyes was dark, angry and merciless right now.
"Who is he?" Kai asked with his signature cold tone.

Saejin avoided his gaze, afraid to speak up.
"WHO IS HE?! ANSWER ME SAEJIN!" Kai punched the wall above her head.
"B-Baekhyun..." Saejin stammered.
"Who is he to you?" Kai pressured her.
"H-He -is-just-a-a-f-friend" Saejin answered, still avoiding his intense gaze.

Kai scoffed and gripped tightly onto her shoulders. Saejin winced at the pressure and tried to remove his hands off off her.
"Friend? I didn't know
you can make out with a "friend""
Saejin froze and stared at him. Kai smirked.
"Caught."
Saejin couldn't say anything anymore. She knew she had lost.
"I saw it Saejin, I saw it with my own eyes. You responded to his kisses
. You cheated on me!" Kai screamed at her face.
Angry tears formed in his eyes.
"Kai.....I'm breaking up with you." Saejin dared say what was in her heart.
Kai's expression was stiff. Slowly, his tone changed from anger to panic. He pulled Saejin into his arms and her hair continuously.

"Shhhh. Saejin, don't say that. I forgive you for what you did." He pulled back and stared at her. "Okay? Let's forget the past and move on." Kai gave a panicky chuckle.
"Kai-" Saejin's word was cut off when Kai crashed his lips against her. He kissed her hungrily and urgently. Saejin struggled and pushed him off. Kai stumbled back with a shock face. Saejin wiped with the back of her hand and stared angrily at him.
"You know why I'm breaking up with you, Kai? You're bipolar! You act like a completely different person every single time! I'm scared of you Kai!" Saejin slapped the words on his face.
Kai tried to walk towards her but Saejin held out her hands in front of her. "Don't come any closer, Kai. Don't"
Tears slid down his face as he stared at Saejin.

"And don't think I don't know about your family background, Kai. You guys are equally crazy."

Her next choice of words broke his heart into pieces.

"You're crazy, Kai. No one would go out with a crazy person like you."
With that, Saejin walked off, leaving Kai stunned and broken.

END OF FLASHBACK


Kai stared at the picture frame on his desk. He crawled over and pick it up. Leaning against the wall, he clutched the picture frame to his chest and cried.
"Saejin....I miss you....."