Where are you?

The Psychopath

The sun was up but two figures were still comfortably wrapped up in a warm quilt on the sofa bed.

Se Ri dazedly opened her eyes. Her face scrunched up as the sunlight blinded her. Annoyed, she shifted her sleeping posture only to smack right into something firm. She froze for a few seconds before shifting her gaze up. A perfect picture of a sleeping Kai greeted her. The film in her mind went on rewind and it played last night's event.

Series of kisses and cries of pleasure was what she could recall before her mind went hazy. She lifted her quilt and looked underneath to find out she was stark . Stunned at the fact, she quickly pulled the quilt close to her chest. *I can't believe I lost my ity.*
She glanced at Kai who was sleeping soundly. She propped herself up on her elbow to get a better look at him. He looked so handsome and perfect almost like a piece of art, so abstract, mysterious yet intriguing. His hair was messily tousled on the cushion and a few strands of hair covered his eyes. An epitome of iness.
Slowly a smile began to spread on her lips. She must love him so much to give herself to him. Before her brain could tell her what to do, she closed her eyes, leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on his lips. She felt so complete at that point and knew no one could stop the moment she was having. She felt a light weight on the back of her head and pulled away slightly. Kai was gazing at her with adoring eyes as he affectionately her hair.

"You were staring at me all this while, weren't you?" He spoke in a raspy voice. His voice sounded y. TOO y at that.

"You knew?" She asked as she brushed his bangs away from his eyes.

He nodded sleepily and smiled. His right hand reached out to play with her earlobes. "Good morning, Se Ri." She nuzzled her cheeks against his palm and smiled. Her own hair was tousled to the side and Kai was unable to resist himself. He cupped the back of her neck and pulled her close. Their noses met and they gazed at each other's eyes. "Good morning, Jongin." She said.
 With that, she closed the gap between them and shared a deep loving kiss. When they pulled away, both of them started to giggle for no particular reason.

"C'mon get up. We'll be late for work." She patted his chest. Kai caught her wrist and kissed her knuckles.

"I got a day off today." He replied, his eyes glued to hers.

"What? No fair!" She whined.

"Maybe you could ask for a day off too and you know..we could continue what we did yesterday." He wriggled his eyebrows teasingly.

"That's a good plan though but no I can't." She replied firmly.
Kai pouted, a very rare sight. She got up and collected her forgotten undergarments. She turned around and smiled. "But, perhaps I could try and leave earlier for you."

"I didn't know you had that naughtiness in you." He propped himself on his elbow and winked.

"Please, no one is innocent nowadays. Or did you actually believe I was one?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Nope. Not at all." He shook his head and grinned.

Se Ri rolled her eyes but smiled. "I'm gonna shower. You should too."

"Can I join you?" Kai got up and walked towards her with a smirk.

Se Ri's eyes widened and she quickly entered the bathroom then locked it. "This house has 2 bathrooms, Kim Jongin. Use the one in my room." She shouted from inside. She could hear Kai laughing from the other side. "Silly boy."

------

Kai sent her over to her workplace. "I'll see you later." He kissed her forehead.

After a reluctant goodbye, she entered the building with a wide grin. She hummed a tune while waiting for the elevator to arrive. *L5.....L4....L3...*

CRASH!

Se Ri spunned around to see her colleague on his knees gathering books that were sprawled on the ground.

"Kyungsoo! Are you alright?" She got down on her knees and helped him gather the books.

"Yeah I'm alright. Could you give me a hand? I've got other stuff to do." He sighed.

The elevator door opened with a ding.

"C'mon. Where do you need these at?" She asked as she carried half of the weight with her.

"Baekhyun's floor." He answered as his free hand patted his pocket for his phone.

"If it's his floor, why are you carrying these? It should be him." She questioned, confused.
"Exactly. " he answered her simply.

They entered the elevator before it could close on them. He dialled a number on his phone and brought it to his ear. The phonecall went straight to voicemail.
Kyungsoo cursed under his breath.

"What's wrong? Who are you calling?"

"Baekhyun. He hasn't been picking up my calls. This guy should have given a heads up if he's gonna play truant." He grumbled as he stuffed his phone back in his back pocket.

It took a few seconds for everything to sink in.
"You mean he didn't report to work?" She asked, stunned.

"Why do you sound surprised? Of all people, you should know where he is. Both of you are like gum."

Se Ri shook her head. "But it isn't like him to just not come to work right?"
"Beats me." He shrugged.

As soon a it reached level 5, they stepped out  and Kyungsoo immediately notice a cart. He dumped the book inside and passed it to Se Ri.

"Here. I owe you this favour. I really have paperwork to settle for Mrs Lee. You can do this for me, couldn't you?"

"Sure Kyungsoo. Leave it to me." Se Ri smiled at him.

"Thank you. I gotta go. See you later."

With that, he dissappeared among the bookshelves.

Se Ri took out her phone and dialled Baekhyun's number. Just like Kyungsoo said, it went to voicemail. She tried multiple times, but to no avail.

*Baek, where are you?*

------

There was no sign of Baekhyun for the rest of the week. There was no one to look after the 5th level. There was no joy in the library. And of course, there was no company for Se Ri.

Se Ri had no idea where Baekhyun was. Whenever she tried calling him, it would go straight to voicemail. Much less the texts she sent, there were no replies. She wanted to visit him, maybe he was ill but no one knew his address. According to Kyungsoo, Baekhyun is a very private person when it comes to his family background.

"Still no sign of him?" Kyungsoo asked when they were preparing to leave.

Se Ri glumly shook her head. "I'll see you tomorrow Kyungsoo." She turned away and left feeling dejected. Taking her ipod out from her bag, she unwind the earpiece and stuck them inside her ears. Her favorite song by Jason Mraz was playing but her mind was far away. Baekhyun's face popped up in her head and she felt her heart drop. The journey home seemed longer than usual. She stopped by her mailbox to collect her letters.

"Bills...bills....adverts....bills....stupid candy wrapper....wait...what's this?" Her eyebrows furrowed together when she saw a plain white envelope among her pile of letters. She unlocked her door and stepped inside. *Who could this be from?*

She sat on her couch and tore the white envelope. Se Ri took out the piece of white paper read over. Her heart almost stopped beating and she dropped the letter on the floor.

Typed in Courier New font in bold, the letter reads.

 

Beware of Kim Jongin