Reconcile

The Psychopath

Se Ri got the shock of her life the next day. All set for work, she grabbed her house key and flung the door open. A split second of black flashed before her eyes before she realised she was in someone's embrace. She glanced up to take a good look at the owner of the arms. He was the last person she expected to see. Her eyes widened by the second. "K-Kai?" she stuttered.
"Shhh." he shushed her, resting his cheeks on her head while he the back of her hair gently.

They stayed like that for a good 2 minutes before they pull apart. Se Ri searched his face and a sad smile painted her face. Kai cupped her cheeks and slowly leaned in to kiss her forehead. Both their eyes were shut as they savoured the moment. Slowly, he trailed the kisses down to her eyes, her nose, her cheeks and finally stopped a few inches from her plump lips. Kai opened his eyes and stared at it, feeling the burning urge in his heart to claim them. Shutting his eyes again, he crashed his own plump lips against hers. Se Ri gasp at the impact but soon regain herself and responded to his kisses. Oh how she longed for this moment. The gentle kisses turned into a passionate one. Tongues started to dominate each other like tornado and salivas exchanged but neither of them cared. The kiss was enough to explain the love and longing that both had for each other. Se Ri accidently let out a soft moan which caused Kai to lose his sanity at that instant. He lifted her up and wrapped her legs around his torso. Shutting the door with his foot, he carefully walked towards the couch in her living room. He laid Se Ri gently down, carefully placing her head on the couch's arm and continued to shower her with hot kisses. He went on top of her, supporting himself with his left foot on the ground. His hands reached up to her cardigan zipper and slowly pulled it down. Se Ri gasp at the sudden coldness that hit her bare chest and quickly reached up to stop him but Kai held her wrist. He intertwined his fingers with hers and shifted his kisses down her neck. Se Ri forgot what she was about to do and closed her eyes again as she felt pleasure riding up her insides. Kai's hot breath tickled her skin and she loved the feeling of his lips teasing her around her sweet spot.

"Kai...." she whispered softly in his ears. Kai responded with a on her neck. Se Ri's hands immediately flew up to his hair, brushing and running through it as she arched her back in pleasure. Kai reached out for her zipper again and manage to pull it apart without much effort. With Se RI's help, he took it off off her and flung the cardigan on the floor. He pulled away and examined her body with lustful eyes. Blushing, Se Ri tried to cover her chest although her bra was still on. He grabbed her wrist and gently pulled it apart. He wrapped her arms around his neck and brought her closer.

"Baby, you're beautiful." he whispered before claiming her lips once more. His hands travelled to the back of her bra. That was when reality hit her.
*I'm not ready!*
Kai unclasps her bra and was about to pull it off when Se Ri clutched it on her chest with an alarmed look. She took a big gulp of saliva and fervently shook her head. Kai was brought back to reality seeing her expression. His face etched the look of worry and in an instant, the hungry beast in him was gone. He pulled back and straightened up.
". Se Ri. I'm sorry." he cursed and shook his head in guilt. Still clutching onto her loose bra, she got up carefully and turned her back to him. She reached out to the back and re-clasp her bra and swipe off her cardigan from the floor. As quick as lightning, she threw it over herself and adjusted her hair. With flushed cheeks, she turned to face him again. Kai was staring blankly ahead of him and when he felt eyes on him, he shifted his gaze to her. Se Ri scooted closer to him, with crimson cheeks.

"Kai..." she called. Kai gave her a tiny smile and spread his arms apart. She took that as a signal and went into them, embracing and inhaling the smell that she missed the most.

"I'm sorry Se Ri. I shouldn't have done that. It's just that...it's..I missed you a lot. I'm sorry..for everything." He shut his eyes and hugged her closer to his body.
Se Ri shook her head and smiled into his chest. "It's okay, Kai. I'm sorry too."

They pulled back and smiled at each other. Kai let his eys roamed around the face of his girlfriend. *She's really beautiful*
"You were going somewhere?" he asked when he remembered the incident this morning. Se Ri nodded. "Work."
"Oh...the library..." he nodded in understanding. "So you did  receive my text!" she feigned anger.
"I did. I received all the text messages you sent to me during our argument." he gently said as his fingers played with her hair. "I'm sorry I didn't reply to you. I was...upset. But when I thought about it, it's really immature for me to act this way." he stared at her with loving eyes.
Se Ri returned him with a smile. "Humans make mistake and we learn from them. I hope we'll do better after this." she gave a peck on his lips and winked. Kai chuckled.
"I'm going to be late for work. Don't you have to be at yours?" Se Ri looked at her watch and back up to him. Kai shook his head. "I don't have to be in till eleven-thirty. Come, I'll send you off." Kai stood and pulled her up.

Se Ri collected her keys that was lying forgotten on the floor and swiftly shut the door behind them.

-----

15 mins later, they arrived at the streets of Namdaemun and stood in front of the library. The gutters were up, which meant that one of the staff had arrived. Se Ri turned to Kai and smiled. "Thanks for sending me off."
"Why are are you thanking me? I'm your boyfriend." Kai pulled her into a breathtaking hug. Se Ri rested her chin on his shoulders and wrapped her hands around his waist.
Just then, her eye caught a movement at the corner. She shifted her gaze and her eyes widened. Baekhyun was walking towards them, with his earbuds stuck in his ears and he was playing with something on his phone, unaware of the situation. Kai began to pull away. In panic, she held onto him tighter and didn't let go.
"Se Ri?" he inquired.
"Let's...stay like this for a while....I miss...I miss you a lot....." she replied. Kai chuckled and complied.
Baekhyun looked up and caught her gaze. He stopped walking and his eyes widened at the situation in front of him. At that chance, Se Ri  exchanged coded looks with him.

 "GO." she mouthed and slightly nudged her head to the right. She released her grip from Kai's waist and motioned him to hide away with her hands. Being the smart Baekhyun, he understood and went off another direction. Sighing in relief, she pulled back and met Kai's eyes.
"Why are you sighing?" he asked.
"Huh? Oh. I just wished I don't have to go to work today then I'll have more time to spend with you." she replied, partly true.
"Then don't. Maybe....we could carry on where we left off just now." Kai lowered his head and place a chaste kiss on her lips. Flushing madly, she whacked his arms. Kai chuckled and patted her head. "Call me when you're done."
"I can't. My phone...." she took out her phone with jutted lips. "...I dropped it yesterday. It can barely work now." She said, leaving out the details about the frightening encounter yesterday night.
"Clumsy girl." he took her phone which had an ugly crack across the screen. "We'll go get a new phone after you're done. What time does your shift ends today?"
"5, I think." she replied, tapping he chin in thought.
"I'll wait here for you and then we can have a little date." Kai cupped her cheeks and kissed her nose. Se Ri nodded with a grin. "I'll see you later, Kai!" she waved at him before he disappeared around the corner.

With a dreamy smile, she turned around and headed inside the library. She pressed the elevator button and waited patiently with the broad smile on her face.

"Someone's happy." a voice said from behind her. She whipped her head around and saw Baekhyun standing behind her, staring at the numbers changing on the elevator screen.
"Baekhyun! Morning!" she chirped.
"Yeap. She's definitely happy." Baekhyun confirmed with a smile.
Feeling apologetic for what happened earlier on, Se Ri said, "Baek, I'm sorry about back there. You know...if he sees you...what more if he knows I'm working with you- "
"Yeah I know. I totally understand." He assured her, but there was a slight strain in his voice which was unnoticable.
"Thank you Baekhyun, you're always so nice." Se Ri smiled up to him.
"Yeah..I always am..." He replied. *When it comes to you*
DING!
The elevator arrived and opened its doors. Both of them stepped inside.
"So..you're okay with him now?" Baekhyun warily asked as he cast a side glance to her. Se Ri grinned. "Yeah. I'm glad."
"Oh...that's...good..I guess." he nodded hesitantly.

The elevator reached the 5th storey where Se Ri was working on.
"I'll see you later Baek, I gotta run else your wife would chop me in half. Bye!" With a final wave, she disappeared amongst the row of bookshelves.

*Yeah. See ya.* Baekhyun sighed and watched as the elevator door closed on him.