Best Friend

The Psychopath

Se Ri was watching a late night movie on TV. Her head was nodding off when her doorbell rang.

Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

Dazed, she glanced at the clock on the wall and wondered who would come to her house at this ungodly hour.

*Could it be Kai? But her doesn't know exactly where my house is. The neighbours? But I don't really socialise with them-* then it struck her.

"The Police!"
The ringing of the doorbell gre impatient. Her eyes widened and she jumped off the couch and ninja-ed to the front door. Her heart raced as though she just ran a marathon.

Taking a deep breath and exhaling, she grabbed hold of the door knob. She swung the door open.

In front of her, stood a tall figure in black clothing. She couldn't make out his/her face as it's back was facing her.
 Confusion crossed her face.

"Errr...hello? You are?" Se Ri asked hesistantly.

The figure turned around and she got the shock of her life. The figure was wearing a mask that looked like from the movie "Scream" and it was carrying a knife in it's right hand.

3228_scream_ghost_face_mask_and_knife.jp

"OH MY GOD!" Se Ri screamed.

The figure took a step forward and it took her exactly 5 seconds to react. She stumbled back and slipped on the door mat. Her met the ground but the pain wasn't enough to overcome her fear of the figure in front of her. The figure crouched down to her level, mocking her. Se Ri was afraid, very afraid.

"Please! Don't kill me!" she begged.

The figure extended its left hand and reached out to cup her chin. Se Ri's eyes were b with tears as she begged the figure to spare her life. The figure raised the knife in his right hand, ready to stab her. Se Ri shut her eyes waiting for her life to end. She never thought she would die like this. The knife was plunged into her abdomen. Se Ri held her breath for a few seconds but the weird thing was, she didn't feel any pain. She opened her eyes to examine her abdomen. Her hands went all over her body to feel for any wound, but there was none. With tears streaming down her cheeks, she looked at the figure.

That was when she heard a snicker coming from behind the mask. She blinked in fear and confusion. The figure retracted its hands and this time the snicker turned into laughter. It brought up its right hand with the knife upright and its left index finger on the tip of the knife. With its finger, it pushed the knife inwards.

"Di chu! Di chu! Di chu!" the figure imitated the sound effect of the retractable plastic knife.

Slowly, it pulled off its mask.

"Boo!"

Se Ri looked at the figure through her blurry eyes. She wiped the tears off them and adjusted her vision. The figure gave her a creepy smile.

[IMG]

"PARK CHANYEOL!" she shouted.

"Hello Se Ri!" Chanyeol replied as he waved at her and smiled his signature smile.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/141/9/b/chanyeol_gif_by_yeahkpop-d50k4du.gif

Anger welled up at the pit of her stomach and before she realised what she was doing, she already threw a punch at his jaw.

"Ow ow ow!" Chanyeol whined as he rolled on the floor clutching his jaw.

"Oh my god, Yeol! I'm sorry!" Se Ri scrambled towards him. She grabbed his arms and turned him towards her, examining his face.

"Wow, you've grown stronger." Chanyeol said while clenching and unclenching his jaw. He rubbed the sore spot and gave her an amused look.

A lot of questions were running inside her head. She wanted to ask the man in front of her but she didn't know where to start. As if reading her mind and confused face, Chanyeol answered her unasked question.

He feigned anger and flicked her forehead.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving for Korea, young lady? Do you know that I looked everywhere for you? I thought you were abducted and sold to Pyongyang!" he nagged.

Feeling guilty, she looked down at her feet.

"Yeol, I'm sorry." Se Ri apologised to him.

Chanyeol softened. He reached out to her and grabbed her hands. She looked up at him. He gave her a genuine smile.

"Hey, you know you can always tell me anything. I'm your best friend for a reason. Lucky I bumped into your housemate and she told me everything."

"Sarah...told...you?"

Chanyeol nodded and he flicked her forehead again. "Idiot."

"Owww!" she rubbed her forehead. "Stop that!"  she slapped his arms.

Chanyeol caught her wrist and pulled her into a tight hug.
"I miss you, bestie!"
"I miss you too, Yeol!"
"Yeah, the next time you run away like that -- YEOW!!" Chanyeol pulled away from the hug and rubbed his side. "Why did you pinch me for?!"
"That was for scaring me earlier! But, I'm curious, where'd you get that creepy getup?"
"They don't call me creepy Yeol for nothing you know" Chanyeol dusted a speck of lint from his shoulder.
"Forever the creepy one." she rolled her eyes.
"Yeah, this is what I get from travelling all the way from New Zealand to Korea just to find my run away best friend, who greeted me with a punch on my adorably handsome face." Chanyeol remarked rather sarcastically.

Se Ri stucked out her tongue and walked away.
"Close the door, Yeol. I don't want another creeper in my house. One is already hard enough to handle." she hollered from the kitchen.
"You better take that back, young lady!" Chanyeol closed the door and chased after her.

Shrills of laughter could be heard from the kitchen as the 2 best friends celebrated their reunion.