Cupid

The Psychopath

"Pinch me." Baekhyun blurted.
"What?"
"Pinch me."

Uncertainly, Se Ri pinched Baekhyun's right arm.
"Owowow!" He threw her a look, rubbing his arm.
"What? You told me to pinch you."
"Yeah, but not too hard."
Se Ri shrugged. "Sorry, I didn't realise my strength."

The elevator had opened up for them at the 5th level. It was then when he caught sight of something or rather someone unexpected.

"Is it just me, or did your favourite supervisor just smiled at us?" Baekhyun spoke, eyes not leaving the smiling Eunji who was standing not far from them.
Se Ri shifted her gaze from Baekhyun, blinked a couple times and a smile slowly formed on her face.

"Yep, your wife IS definitely smiling at us." She answered him and darted out. "Morning unnie!"
Baekhyun stared at her figure. "Unnie?"

"Bye Baekhyun! See you at lunch!" Se Ri hollered.

Baekhyun stared at the both of them as though they just grew multiple heads before the elevator door shut itself, cutting his line of sight.

At lunch, Baekhyun did his usual routine, popping by Se Ri's work area. He entered the sensor barrier and walked about to find Se Ri. He turned the corner of a bookshelf and heard laughter from the back. Curious, he peeked over and his jaw dropped.There, stood Se Ri and Eunji, who were busy arranging a few stack of books from the cart laughing and slapping each other's shoulder lightly as each of them cracked a joke or two. Baekhyun scratched his head and wondered how these two, who were arch enemies yesterday, seemed like best of friends today.

"Oh Baek!" Se Ri called, breaking him out of his thoughts. She walked over with judging eyes. "Were you spying on us?"
"What! No!" he answered too quickly, waving his arms in front of him, flustered.
"Aha. Caught!" she whispered, helding out a finger-gun.
Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Fine fine. You caught me. You need some explaining to do."
"Okay, hold on." She told him and went over to Eunji. Baekhyun noticed Se Ri whispering to her and she nodded hesitantly. After that, she walked away. Se Ri smiled and walked back to where Baekhyun was, who still had that bewildered look on his face.
"What did you tell her?" he asked skeptically.
"I told her to join us for lunch." She answered.
 Baekhyun's eyes went large. "What? Why?"
"Why not?" she questioned back.
"Because....." he paused to think. "because..."
Se Ri raised her eyebrow, waiting for his answer.
Baekhyun sighed. "Because you don't get along with her."
"We....don't? Since when?" she .
"Ya! Lee Se Ri, don't play with me." He snapped, annoyed.
Se Ri chuckled. She held out a finger. "Okay okay, I'll explain later but first.." she pulled on his arms and swiftly turned him around. "I'm hungry." She patted her tummy with a pout. A few seconds later, a panting Eunji emerged. She happened to meet eyes with Baekhyun and her cheeks started to flush pink. She averted her gaze to Se Ri.
"Shall we?" Se Ri initiated. Baekhyun gave an uncertain look before nodding his head. Eunji on the other hand, felt extremely excited and felt a little dizzy. She smiled secretly to herself as Se Ri pulled her along

They settled at a nearby eating house. It was a little crowded since it was lunchtime. They had to wonder about the eating house while waiting for the other patrons to finish eating. When a group of boys were done eating, the made their way over to the booth. Se Ri and Eunji sat opposite each other by the window. There were two empty seats by their side and Baekhyun made his way to Se Ri's but to his dissapointment she stretched out her legs up onto the seat. "I'm so tired!" she feigned exhaustion.
Baekhyun sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to argue with her so he reluctantly sat beside Eunji, making sure to leave a gap between them as far as possible. Eunji turned crimson and cleared . "So...what should we ummm order?"

Se Ri flipped through the menu and scanned the lunch sets available. She look up and saw Baekhyun spacing out. Se Ri kicked his shin under the table and he snapped out from his daze. He frowned at her and mouthed. "What?"
Se Ri pointed to the menu with her eyes but Baekhyun stuck his tongue out and ignored her. She narrowed her eyes. *Fine. I'll teach you for ignoring me.*
She look at Eunji who was still scanning the menu. "So Unnie, what are you having?"
Eunji tapped her chin. "I think, I'll get the Blue Mountain Burger set." She confirmed.
"Okay, I'll be right back." She excused herself. Baekhyun shot up instantly. "Where are you going?"
She nudged her thumb to the counter. "To order?" Stating the obvious. "Oh..I'll come with you." He glanced at Eunji from the corner of his eyes and his lips nervously.
"No it's fine. You sit here Baek, I'll just order and come back." She patted his shoulder and walked off.
He sighed for the umpteenth time that day and sat down, grumbling. Eunji sensed the awkward atmosphere. *It's now or never*
"Baekhyun." She started, nervously chewing the inside of her lips. Baekhyun sat up straight and swallowed hard. He look over at Eunji who was playing with her fingers. 

"Look, I'm sorry for...all this while. I didn't mean to creep you out and..." she glanced at him and when she caught him staring at her, she looked away. "I just like you okay?" she finished quickly.

Baekhyun didn't say anything.

"I'm back!" Se Ri walked back with a tray in her hands. She placed it down on the table and went over to the counter to get the other. Baekhyun watched Se Ri walk away and turn to Eunji with a small smile. "Eunji, thank you."

Stunned, she whipped her head to face him. Baekhyun's smile grew wider. "Thank you for being truthful to me. Like this, instead of...you know...being..pardon me for saying...stuck up."

Embarrassed by her actions, Eunji lowered her head and stare at the tray of food in front of her. "I know. I'm sorry. I was really mean to Se Ri, I realise that. She's really nice to actually forgive me after what I have done to her."

Baekhyun smiled, a smile which reached his eyes. He jerked his head around and saw Se Ri struggling to press ketchup from the dispenser. "Yeah, she's nice."

Eunji followed his gaze and knew immediately. "Baekhyun, you like her."

He turned to her. He didn't seem surprised by the statement instead he nodded his head.

"But she has a boyfriend."

"I know. I'm trying to keep a safe distance from her. I'm just watching out for her."

"Oh." That was all she said.

"I'm sorry Eunji." Baekhyun said suddenly.

"No! No! Don't be!" she waved her hands in front of her. "I'm just glad that I got it off my chest. I feel better now."

And the both of them shared a smile for the first time.