Love, Night

Love/Hate MarriagelHIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Sora. I don’t know how to start but when you read this letter, it means I am no longer exist in this world. It sounds lame, huh. Sorry. Lung cancer. Yes. I had been diagnosed with this terrible disease several months before I left Korea. I went to Russia to get this cancer treated so that when I return to Korea, I will be a healthy person again but it didn’t go as what I had planned. The doctor said my cancer got worse and there was slightly chance for me to get better. I didn’t give up and I still keep going under treatments until one day when I thought all of it were useless. I decided to return to Korea and I heard from Minsuk, Jay and Jiwoo that you had transferred to another school. Finally, witch! I thought you will stay in Daegu High School until you graduated! I’m glad though. That school don’t suit you. It’s not that I didn’t want to find you but I thought you still hate me after what I had done to you. It’s not that I can’t reciprocate your feeling but you confess several days before I’m going to Russia. I don’t want to give you false hope. The truth is, I like you too, Sora. We both knew that our relationship was more than brother-sister relationship. You were brave back then. I didn’t have the guts to tell you that I was in love with you but you did. I’m sorry for rejecting you but I don’t have any other choices. I don’t want to break your heart. I’m sorry for humiliating you in front of our friends. I screamed in front of your face, yelling that I hate a girl like you and I deserve someone better. I said you were coward since you can’t even swimming even though I knew how scared you are with water. Everything is my fault and I understand if you hate me. Another reason why I didn’t go look after you was because I knew that you had been living fine with your husband. He must not like it if he found his wife was meeting another guy. I knew about this from my mother. Congratulation to you. I know you will be happy with your husband. You don’t have to worry though, I didn’t tell anyone about it. I’m sorry again, Sora and I love you my dongsaeng. -Jiho”

In the living room, sitting on the sofa, Sora folded the letter and buried her face between her knees. She had read the letter for an umpteenth times for that night. Her eyes were swollen because she had been crying for all night long.

On the other hand, Luhan was standing at the corner of the living room, watching Sora. His face was clearly showed that he was worried. It had past 3 am but she was still awake, crying over something that he didn’t know about.

He kept watching until she fallen asleep. He approached her and took the letter from her gripped before putting it down on the coffee table. He carried her bridal style and brought her to their bedroom. Carefully, he laid her down and pulled the blanket on top of her body. He brushed her hair and gave a light pecked on her forehead.

Luhan returned to the living room, sat down on the sofa and took the letter. He was curious and he needed to know what the content of the letter that makes Sora became like that. He read the letter from line to another line.

Finished reading, he sighed and shut his eyes. *It’s true. He was her first love.*

---------------

The next morning, Sora wake up from sleep. She sat up, looked at the clock on the wall and her eyes slightly rounded. It was almost 8 am and school had started half an hour ago. The door to the bedroom opened and Luhan entered the room with a glass of milk.

“Feeling better?” He asked.

She nodded her head lightly. “You don’t have to go to school today. Just rest. You look tired.” He handed her the glass but she shook her head. “You should drink this.” He said.

Instead grabbing the glass from Luhan, she looked around, searching for the letter. “My letter. Where is it?” She kept searching for it. Luhan put the glass down and took the letter on top of the table. “Here.” He handed it to her.

Sora took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter