Chapter 1

My lovely Ex-Husband

 

2002

Your POV

"You can't! You can't marry this girl!" My husband's mom yelled at his son. She was very angry with his son sudden decision.

"Omma, we may be young...But our love is real. Besides we already registered our names. Technically, Omma, Appa we're married...We don't need a wedding party and stuff, we're married now." My husband tried to explain everything to his parents.

"What?! You can't do that! Omo... I can't breathe..." My husband's mom acted as if she was going to collapse. I didn't say anything I was so scared.

"Don't worry...I'm here" my husband noticed that I was scared and whispered to me as he held my hand tightly.

"Son...Just go...Live a happy life, take care of her...if you need anything just come...we're still your family... ____ please take care of your husband and yourself. Please live your marriage life well. Don’t get into troubles and always trust each other." My father in law told us. He and my sister in law were the one who blessed our marriage. My mother in law however still shocked that his son got married with a barely 17 years old girl with no family and not even financially stable.

 

We were really happy, as a newlywed couple we lived our marriage life happily until one day when my husband was offered to join an entertainment agency. It was his big dream to do well in entertainment industry but the problem was he was married, married with me.

"I can't do that..." I heard my husband was talking to someone in the living room. I decided to eavesdrop their conversation.

"But Mr. Park, this is your only chance. However, as you know you can't be married if you want to join our company. And we can't just tell them that you're single…" A guy probably 30 years old told my husband in serious tone.

"It’s fine, I guess I don’t belong in the entertainment industry..."

Hearing that words came from my husband mouth I felt really guilty. If he wasn't married with me he would be in that company and fulfilled his dream.

I went back to our bedroom since I heard my husband foot step. He was going upstairs and I didn’t want him to know that I eavesdropped his conversation with the guy from the agency.

"Good morning yeobo" He said as he entered our bedroom. He looked so sad and disappointed.

"Morning, are you okay? What happened?" I asked and acted like I knew nothing but in fact I knew everything.

"Nothing's wrong yeobo" He answered as he walked toward me and laid his head on my lap. When he laid his head on my lap he didn't say anything. He just closed his eyes while I was his hair gently and watching how sad his face was.

Divorce was the best solution for his problem. We were young and didn't think our choice carefully. My mother in law was right. Even though our love was real but got married at our age was a wrong choice. It could ruin everything that we had planned especially for my husband.

"Oppa... wake up we need to talk" I told him as I moved his body from me.

"Ah what? I'm so tired ____-ah" My husband complained and pouted like a child.

"Oppa...I got 3 years full scholarship in Paris..." I told him. No it wasn't a lie. It was true. I got the full scholarship in Paris for my cooking study but I was about to reject the offer when I heard my husband earlier conversation with the guy from the entertainment agency and I thought this would be good excuse for both of us. I wanted to learn and he wanted to go to the agency and there's no way we could do long distance relationship especially when we were married. It was just too complicated.

 

"What? You rejected didn't you?" My husband asked his eyes were wide open.

"No...I accepted" I shook my head and told him a lie. A lie that would help him to fulfill his dream.

"What? You're not kidding aren't you?" He asked again

"No...Do I look like I'm kidding, oppa?" I asked him with a serious glare. He shook his head and knew I wasn't kidding.

"When will you go?" He asked with his head down.

"Next week if possible...” I told him a lie again. It wasn’t next week, it was next month but I thought as soon as we got divorced, he would be recruited by the agency that offered him a position in entertainment industry earlier this morning.

 

"You decided this without telling me anything? How could you!" His tone rose up. I could feel his disappointment towards me.

"Oppa...I'm really sorry…but you know cooking is my dream too...I..." I held his hands to calm him down but before I finished my words he cut me off

"Dream? Huh... I just gave up my dream because of us!!" He yelled at me and I couldn't hold my tears anymore and I could see his teary eyes.

"Mianhae..." I apologized to him and wiped my tears. It hurt me, I knew it was a selfish decision but from the beginning it was my mistake. It was me that kept him away from his family especially his mother and also it was me that kept him away from his dream. I really couldn’t stand this anymore at least I wanted to see him fulfill his dream.

"So what do you want?" He asked coldly and let go off my hand.

"Oppa, honestly...we can't do long distance right? I think we should..." I didn't finish my words because he cut me off again.

"Divorce? Great! I'll make sure my things are out tomorrow" My husband walked out from our bedroom and slammed the door.

When he was gone, I cried and cried to myself. It hurt me I just wished he knew that I was hurt too. I thought it was the best decision for now. I couldn’t explain to him everything now but I hope he would understand someday why I did this.

A/N

First chapter, hope it wasn't boring. I'll update soon ^^