In My Dream {Donghae & Jessica}

Scattered Wits And Thoughts On A Rainy Nights And Sunny Days

 

 

Jessica smiled as she turned off her laptop in front of her.Smiling with Donghae in her thoughts,as she tried to picture him,creating images of him in her mind.She barely notice that her Mom has just walked in her bedroom.

"So who is responsible for that smile in your face? Are you feeling better now?" her mom asked as shye looked at her with concern.

"Mom,it  is not fair,you are sneaking on me." Jessica said as she tried to puts but the smile won't leave her face.

"I am happy that my daughter is happy.So is he somebody i know?" she asked.

"No Mom ,you don't know him." she said as she lay on her back,feeling so tired all of a sudden,as she tried to catch her breathe.She has been alright earlier on,but now so suddenly and yet she didn't do anything nor even leave her room ..She doesn't want to alarm her Mom again and then she will fuss and she will bring her to the hospital again,and she hated the four white wall of that building.She is tired of it all.

"Are you sure you are alright? You looked pale ,all of a sudden.You have to tell me what are you feeling,young lady." her mom said her voice one note higher than before and more forceful and commanding now.

"I am alright Mom.I just need to sleep.I will be fine.Please don't call the doctor again.I am better,I am taking my medicines on time."Jessica explained.

"Alright but you have to tell me,if you are getting short of breath or getting fatigued.Promised me?" her Mom asked her.

Jessica just nodded her head ,as she closed her eyes to sleep.....

The sun is up and it is one of those hot days of summer,as jessica was running,running as her bare feet touched the fine white sands on the beach,she was wearing a two pieces bikini,her long black hair is down as it blows with the wind and sway along her movement,and she was laughing,as he was running after her....She turned to look and she can see him,in her white tee shirt and board shorts,smiling at her.

He has this short black hair,as black as the night,his eyes small and almond shaped,like it was sayng something to her,his nose high and he got the sweetest smile there is,that melts her heart.He was calling out for her...calling her name...Jessica...Jessica...wait up for me." he said.

And she called out his name too,as she tried to reach out for him..."Donghae..Donghae"But she was getting tired and she was losing her strenght and he was getting farhter,farther away from her.,as she woke up,with beads of perspirations on her forehead,and woke up panting for her breathe.She opened her eyes and her Mom was just there and she can see the pain and the anguish in her eyes once again.She would like to take that away from her,but she can't help herself,as she closed her eyes again.

When Jessica woke up again,she was in the hospital once again,with it's four white wall,that seems to cave her in.There was an intravenous fluids in her arm and another one for the dark fluid that is blood that she needed.Her blood count is off again,that is why ,she is short of breathe again.She is getting tired of it all.Sometimes ,she just wished that everything will just go away,her sickness,her pain,and also her parents anguish and pain whenever they see her suffering.She wants to cry but she cannot cry anymore,for her tears has all dried out...

After a couple of days and a couple more bags of blood transfusin,Jessica was on her feet again.The color on her cheeks is back again.And she was ready to go home again.

She her computer as she log in....and he was on line ...as she smiled at the thought of him...

"Where have you been?" he asked.

"Been busy with school lately.How about you?"

"Nothing much,getting bored around here cause you are not here.Miss chatting with you."

"Me too but summer session is almost over.I can chat with you longer soon." she said.

"Yeah summer is almost over,and I haven't done anything.How about going to the shore with me?" he asked"Then i can finally meet you?"

"I can't....my parents won't let me.They are strict.just chat with me." she said.

"What if i come down there and see you?"

"You are crazy,No,don't do that." she said,becoming nervous now.

"Why you don't want to see me?Am i that bad to look at?" he asked.

Jessica giggled."No i think,you are cute,way tooo cute,unless it is not you on the picture."

"It is definitely me.How about you/Is that really you in the picture?" he asked.

"Of course that's me."she answered.

"So what you are afraid of.Actually you are not that bad... In fact you look cute too.A little skinny on my taste but cute.LOL"

"I don't know,let me think."

"Your parents can't be that bad.You are sixteen already.I just want to see you in person."

"We'll see ,alright? I got to go now.Chat with you again tonight?"

"Alright,I will be here tonight."

Jessica think long and hard.She wants to see Donghae but she knew that her parents won't allow her go out on her own especially now.Her Doctor specifically ordered bedrest.She cannot tire herself anymore or else she might have a relapse or even worse...But she will do anything ,just to have a day with Donghae,a day with him,that she will keep in her memories,even when he is gone...

"So are we on tomorrow?" he asked.

"Yes tomorrow"

"Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere....uhmmm maybe a beach with a boardwalk."

"Yeah,I know just the place to take you."

The next day,jessica was so excited and she had a hard time containing herself from all the excitement and she can feel her heart fluttering....as she took a deep breathe.."Be easy on me." as she whispered to her heart,as she took a deep breathe.And there he was,as she imagined him to be.The man in her dreams...standing right in front of her...smiling and staring at heras she can feel her face hot and flushed....

The day was just magical...as he drove her down the shore.There was a lot of people,all of them in a festive spirit.Everyone is basking in the glory of the sun and the heat of the summer.She has not been with a lot of people lately,not with this kind of atmosphere...where people are active and full of life and yes happy...like happiness is floating everywhere on the the air...unlike in the hospital...

They walked in the boardwalk,as they tell stories,some funny,some sad,and as they share their thoughts and their past as they merge to  the present.They ate like there are no tomorrow,as they had sausages with peppers,and then later on had coffee with funnel cakes.They also had ice crea on the cones as they them like little children.They had a fun day...as Donghae brought her home and walked her to the doorway and give her a kiss on the cheeks.She didn't know that her tears came right after he turned around to leave for the night.....And then the door was open as her mom looked at her  with a relief on her face..as she hugged her....

Donghae has been waiting for her but she never came in....Days came into week...until he cannot stand it anymore as he decided to come to her home and paid her a visit,...teh door opened and an old lady came to answer the door.

"Jessica?" she asked."And you are?"

Donghae..Ma'am,.her friend." he said.The old lady stared at him,and forced a smile on her sad face.

"She is not home at the moment." she answered.

"Where is she? Can i go and see her?" he asked,his eyes pleading.

She nodded her head."I think,she will be happy to see you." she said as she lead her to her car.They drove a couple of miles from the house,until they srtopped in front of the hospital.Donghae looked at her with a question in his eyes,as she nodded her head again."She will tell you,when she is ready." she said.

They walked inside as they turned to the corner and there she was in her own room.Jessica was laying in the white hospital bed with her eyes closed.Her face is sallow ,there was an a machine attached to her.,and another line in her arm.She looked so pale and without life and energy,not the Jessica he knew a week before...

"Jessica...Jessica" he whispered in her ear....as she opened her eyes and as they stared in each other's eyes.

"You are really here,and not just a dream?" she asked.Donghae touched her cheeks and held her hands.

"No I am real.I am here.You have to get better Jessica.For me please...Promise me you will get better." he said.

Jessica smiled at him,as she nodded her head...Now she has a reason to fight this...Now she has a reason to live.....as she took his hands...