Skyline Pigeon { Taemin Story}

Scattered Wits And Thoughts On A Rainy Nights And Sunny Days

Taemin stared at the envelope that he has been holding in his hands for few minutes. He was excited and nervous at the same time. What if he didn't made it ? Will he be able to accept his failure ? He has been dreaming and wanting this as long as he can remember. He has been dreaming of this,sice the day he saw his Dad on his uniform. And he knows that whereever he is,he will be so proud if he made it to the cut.

With hands trembling ,he opens the envelop,careful not to tear the paper inside, as he read the letter, trying to decipher what is written in there..... We would like to welcome you....as it begans...as he jumped with joy ,upon treading it's content. He made it. He passed the exam and the physical.....He took a deep breath and could hardly contain his happiness. "Finally, " he thought..

And then his Mom walked in, as she heard the noise,upon walking in the living room....and seeing the happiness in her boy's eyes,clutching the letter in his hands. Taemin rushed to his Mom,hugging her in excitement.

"Mom...Mom, I made it. I got accepted in West Point " Taemin happily announced to her Mom. Her Mom smiled , West Point is on the other side of the coast. All the way over to New York.  She smiled but a fear came to her heart but she was careful not to show it to him.

"I am glad you made it.I am so proud of you Son." she said. "I just knew you will make it."  smiling at him., but her eyes cannot hide the sadness. She should be happy for him.He has dreamed of this since he was in grade school.His fream of following his Dad's footsteps,even going after his Alma Mater. She encouraged him to follow his dream.It is her role as a Mother, but somehow deep inside there is anxiety, there is fear and sadness rolled into one. Some unexplainable,and unpleasant feeling.

"Mom,what is the matter?" Taemin asked not escaping the sadness in his Mom's eyes. They are so close to each other. They only have each other after his Father died in service. They have learned to lean on each other in times of sorrows and in times of happy times too.

"Nothing,it is just ,I am gonna miss you. But I'll be fine. You'll do great in West Point." she said. "I am tired,i am just gonna go to my bedroom.

--------------------------------------------------------

Krystal  looked at the calendar. She has marked the day when he is leaving and he has been dreading the day. What if Taemin forgets her ? What if he find someone new ? New York is too far away. And she doesn't think that will parents will allow her to travel all the way there to visit Taemin. Four years ,is a long time, what is she going to do while he is away ?  California will be too lonesome without him.

Will it be better to break up with him ? To let him go off from his promises. Promises are bound to be broken especially if that special someone is too far away. Both of them are still too young to be really committed and now that they are going on their seperate ways, it will be better to say goodbye for good...as she bit her lips...

------------------------------------------------------------

Taemin stared at the window by his bedroom. The trees by his bedroom is still green. Not the golden colored leaves that he has seen over in the East Coast. He can see the window in the next house which is close . Krystal usually leaves it open for them to see and sommunicate to each other while they were on their respective houses and rooms.

Their were clothes scaterred in his bed. The luggage bags on it's side. He is almost done packing. He is due to leave in the morning. He took a deep breath as his eyes went back inside his bedroom. His poster hanging on the wall. Krystal pictures by his bedside table. He is planning to bring her picture with him. He is definitely going to miss her. Krystal and his Mom, the two most important people in his life...

There was a knock on the door, "Can I come in " Krystal voice came.

"I am decent,you can come in." he answered. He was smiling at her when she walks in. Krystal forced a smile on her face,though her eyes is sad and the tears is threatening to fall any minute now.

"You are all set to go ?" she asked. 

" Yes, I got everything ready now. I am travelling light anyway. Most of the things will be provided there." he said. "I wiss i could take you with me ,in my luggage." as he has a dry laugh.

" I don't think,I'll fit." she said laughing back at him.

"Will you miss me ? I will surely miss you, and my Mom and my room and the whole place. I know I want this but how come,right now,I am having a second thought of going. I don't want to leave you now.I don't want to leave this place." Taemin said.

"I will miss you too. I don't know what will i be doing when you are gone. " Krystal said. "Four years is a long time. " she added.

"I can probably come home during break. New York is not that far away ,you know ." he said. Krystal nodded her head. 

"But still you won't be around anymore." as a tear came. Taemin held her hand, and wipe her tears with the other hand as he stared at her.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to..." Taemin said. "Do you want me to go? I thought that we are on this together. Tell me if you don't want me to go..."

Krystal looked at him and swallowed her saliva.taking in the hurt with her. She looked at him, and in as much as she wants to keep him to herself,she knows she can nwever do that. This is his dream and she cannot crushed his dreams just because....She will have to take this.She will have to learn to live by herself if only for a short four years and then maybe....

Krystal shook her head and stared at Taemin,he looked so much of a man now and yes looking so handsome and standing tall before him. She loves this guy,and yes she will be loving him just the same even if he is a thousand miles away from her.

"No, you go on and follow your dream. I will be just here waiting for you,just remember that. I will wait for you cause i love you very much." Krystal said. Taemin can't help but pull her in a hugging,holding her close to his body and never wanting to let her go. 

"I love you too Krystal. And remember ,I will be doing this not only for me but for you and our future. And thank you for your understanding." Taemin said...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That night as Taemin was unable to sleep, he went downstairs and looked around the home that he has known as far as he can remember. Everything is so quiet now. The despedida party that his Mom and Krystal has organized has been a success and was well attended. Almost all his family and relatives and friends came over. Everybody wishing him well and good luck. It is so good to see them all before he goes tomorrow. Yes he will have a good memories of them as he study and train to become a good soldier of the land.

And as he slowly went up the stairs. He heard a muffled cry....as he went to the source of the sound. He found his Mother, in her room, with tears in her eyes. Hurt is evident in her eyes....

"Mom....don't cry. You don't want me to go ? " he asked.

His Mom shook her head , still with tears in her eyes and a smile. "No, I want you to go and find your dream. I know long before  that one day, I have to let you go. And now,that time has come. I will miss you but i will be happy,knowing that you have chased your dreams and you are going to fulfill them. " she said as she wipe away the tears in  her eyes.

"Just remember that I love you very much, and that I only wanted your happiness, and what is best for you. And going there is the best for you. " she said. "I just can't believe that my son is now a full grown man,and I am so proud of you." 

"Oh Mom., thank you, thank you for everything that you have done for me. And know that I will always love you na matter where we are." Taemin said as he hugged her Mom.....holding her tight.....

___________________________________

The next day,the sun was shining brightly,  Taemin woke up with much anticipation in his heart. And as he kissed Krystal goodbye and hugged his Mom tight in the airport before boarding the plane....he knows that he is going to make it, because of the two people in front of him,as he bade them goodbye....