Grenade {Jonghyun & Key & Se Kyung}

Scattered Wits And Thoughts On A Rainy Nights And Sunny Days

The bell rang as the kids ran out of their classroom. The class is over for the day,as Jonghyun gathered his notes on his desk. He slowly finds himself walking slowly towards the door. he is not unthusiastic in going home for there is nobody home right now.His Mom will be still at work until late at night. And yes he got nobody now since his Dad passed away last summer.His Mom now has to work extra hours to support themselves.

And as he passed by the corner, he saw a little boy being beaten up by the bullies.he has seen them before.The group that hang out in the corner and look for their prey for the day. He could have just turn his face on the other side but he caught sight of the little boys face ,which is full of fear in his eyes. Something in him has tugged him as he walked to them,and shout in his loud voice to scare them away,as he helped the little boy on the ground.

There was a sound of thr siren nearby,as it scared the little boys away from their prey.Everybody scrambling to get away for their own safety.Jonghyun extended his hand on the little boy in front of him as he looked at him and took his hand to get up. There was faint smear of blood on his face and lips.

"Thank you for helping me out." he said. " I am Key.I can't just thank you enough for today,otherwise i will be landing in the hospital," as he forced a smile in his lips,as he cried an "Ouch"

Jonghyun smiled at him and took his hankie on his pocket to wipe away the blood smear on his face. "Im Jonghyun. I live 3 to four blocks from here. I know those guys I always see them in this corner everyday. So next time try to avoid this corner."

"I will from now on. I live on the other side. We have a store there. You want to come with me?" he asked. "I want to introduce you to my parents,I know they will be grateful for your help today."

"No you don't have to do that, But i will walk home with you ,just to make sure that they don't come back for you." he said,as they walk together.

They went to Key's family sotre and they hang out in there till it was getting dark. They played games and had snack together,as Key's parents cannot thank enough Jonghyun with his help.From then on.Jonghyun walked with Key to their store and spent his time there in the afternoon. They help out in the store sometimes,they play and will even shared dinner with Key's family.From then on,Jonghyun became a part of Key's family.

As they play on the river banks one day,throwing pebbles on the water and talking.They became like a true brother for each other.

"So what your plan for college ?" Key asked.He has not heard his friend mention college since they stepped in their Senior year. he has told him his plan of attending the State college on the capital city, and  taking up business and finace.Jonghyun has mentioned that he wants also to go to school there and take up engineering. But lately he has nt been talking about it. He knows that his family is hard up with money,being his Mom is the only bread winner in the family.

"I really don't know if I will push for college.My Mom want s me to ,and I also want to but our finances is not that good.My Mom is working hard enough as it is. Maybe I'll just work after high school to help her out." he said.His face serious and solemn..as he played with the grass blades in his hand.

"But I thought ,they are giving you a scholarship ? You are smart enough,not everybody was given that opportunity." Key asked.

"But the school is in the city which means I have to live and board there which is not covered by the scholarship.,plus my daily expenses.Where will i get that? Even if i work ,still that won't be enough."  he said with desperation.

"What if my family helped you out? Will it be alright with you?" Key asked.He already brought this up with his family,and they are in agreement that if  Jonghyun neede help finacially,they are willing to help him out. They have learned to love him as their own son too ,seeing him grow up before their very eyes.

Jonghyun shook his head. "That will be too much to ask your family. It is alright,maybe I'll save money in the future and then I can continue my education later on." he said as he got up from the ground that he is seating. He cannot impose that to Key's family though he very much want to go.The scholarship won't be seating their for too long,that he knows. But no he cannot take them on that.

Key did not say a word,he knows that his friend can be stubborn too,especially if his pride is involve. He just neeed to find a way, He will talk to his Mom and then to his parents. He will help his friend follow his dream. They walk silently on their way home...

---------------------------------------

Four years after......

"I can't believe it ,we are almost graduating this spring. " Key said as he smiled at Jonghyun.

"I know,I can't believe it too, Your friend is going to be an engineer and I know i could have never done that without you my friend.Forever I will be grateful," Jonghyun said as he put his arm on Keys shoulder. "You want to come,our club has Pizza gathering in the Italian place near the school,"

"No ,i got some studying to do.You go ahead,just bring me a slice will you for I will studying late.I got to finish this project." he said.

"I will and I know,Peperoni with extra cheese." as he laughed at him. " You never changed." as he left their apartment.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun  came home late with a brown bag in his hand s he tossed it to him ont he table .But he got this wide grin in his face and he is totally space out.he has never seen his friend like this before.

"So how was it?"  Key asked., his eyes on his board in front of him as he took a bite on the pizza that his friend brought for him.

"It was great,just great. I met this girl and she is really pretty and really hot. I think I am in love." he said with a smile.

Key laughed at him. "You just met him and you are in love already," as he shook his head.But he was used to this.Jonghyun is always passionate into anything that he focused his eyes on.He knows that he will lose interest in her in a matter of couple of weeks,for he will always see that there is something wrong  with her somewhere,like the fingers and nails are not clean,the teeth crooked ,she never have any patience,she is all to herself and hundreds of different reasons.

"Now i know,this s for real." he said as he stared in space,as if her image is there. His friend is really crazy this time...as he laughed hard and long..

-------------------

Three months down the road...as Key lipped the Tv stations from one to another,waiting for Jonghyun to go home. They are supposed to go see the homegame and the game will be starting in fifteen minutes  and he is not even home. It will be traffic going to the stadium already and there will be road closings already.

He has been slacking lately. He is always late intheir appointments.late in coming home and even late in his class.He has been spending time with the new girl lately and he is not liking it and well not too happy. He is seeing less and less of his friend.he is just hopeful that Jonghyun is not slacking in his studies and grades either for he not seen him study in their apartment lately,He is seldom in the apartment period.

The door opens and Jonghyun came rushing in....and then he even brought her with him,as he frown at her sight.

"You are late,we are supposed to be there half an hour ago." he said.

"I know,I know.That is why I am in a hurry, Se Kyung is coming with us,you still got the extra ticket right?" he asked.

Key was tempted to say no but he could not lie to his friend. "yes i still got it." it is supposed to be for their other friend Onew and now this girl is going with them which is just great,now his time is ruined as  he pouts.He is really hating her this time. His friend is dumping him because of thsi girl as he looked at her sharply . Se Kyung smiled at him but he ignored the smile and Jonghyun has notice it.

"I don't think i want to go anymore." Key said, "Why don't the two of you go." as he walked to his bedroom and locked the door. He realy hate her now more than ever and yes hated Jonghyun too for dumping him in place of that girl as he feel like crying.They have been friend forever and suddenly thsi girl came and Jonghyun has forgotten about him and most of all taken for granted their big dream of finishing their studies. He resolved himself that he is not going to talk to him at all from now on...

____________________________________________

The apartment was so quiet when he woke up.He did not know that he ahs fallen asleep. He felt thirsty as he got up and went to the kitchen, He thought  that he had the apartment all to himself but he was surprised to see Jonghyun sitting on the couch by the livng room.There was no Se Kyung in sight. He ignored his look at him as he walk back to his bedroom.

"You want to watch the game with me?" Jonghyun asked.

"I thought you are going to watch it with Se Kyung." he answered.

"She went back to her place.She forgot she got something to do." he said. "Can I talk to you?"

"What about,if it is about Se Kyung,i have nothing to say. She is your business and I have nothing to do with her." as he turned his back on him.He doesn't want to discuss her especially with him.

"She may not be your business but she is mine and so are you. You are my best friend Key,my very best friend that I am so proud of.You are a friend to me ,you know that,you are my brother,that I never have. I won't be where I am right now if not for you." Jonghyun said.

"You don't have to be gracious on my behalf. " Key said."Whatever I gave you ,it is because you deserve it,"

"And Se Kyung, she is also very important to me.I love her,she makes me happy,like you make me happy. And she is the realization of me dreams.My dream of having the woman that I love on my side. I know i will be asking much if i say I want both of you in my life. I don't want to choose between the two of  you,because I love both of you." as  they stared at each other and Key can see the tear eyes in his friend's eyes. "I want my best friend and my girlfriend in my life."

And with that word,Key smiled at his best friend and hugged him...."Don't worry,I won't go anywhere, Maybe i just needed time to adjust to the idea of having her in our life.I will be your best friend no matter what.Just give me time,that is all i ask."

Jonghyun nodded his head as he wiped the tears in his face and smiled...."Thank You my friend."....Now can we watch the game." as they seat on the couch together..just like old times....