Make It Right {Donghae & Yoona }

Scattered Wits And Thoughts On A Rainy Nights And Sunny Days

        

MAKE IT RIGHT    [ I really wished I could make it right}

Donghae looked out at the window from his bedroom.It is getting late and still there are no signs  of  people in the house next door.He checked his watch and it half past ten already. He wondered where could she be. She must be out with her friends after work,after all it is Friday night. She must be unwinding with her friends.And yes Yoona doesn't even know ,that he is home tonight.He has been gone far too long.Busy with his studies and for securing a better future...He wondered if she missed him at all,probably yes and no,but him ,he really do missed her a lot now more than ever.

Yoona has been his neighbor and childhood friend.He has seen her grew up before his very eyes.The little girl that he used to teased a lot when they were young is now a grown up girl,He has seen went to a lot of things in her life including the most tragic one,and that is losing both of her parents at the same time. He was there for her,they have been closer after that...and then he has to leave her for his studies. He left her with no promises and no mention of his true feelings.Somehow he knew,and has hoped that she will wait for him. Wait for him to come back....

But last week,he has received a jolt when he bumped to an old friend in the city. he has asked her about their town and about Yoona,only to learn that Yoona has found the man in her life and that she has accepted his proposals. He never knew,he thought he has secured himself a place in her heart only to realized ,that what they have is all but a memory to Yoona.She doesn't love him anymore but has found a better man....a man that can give her time and affections...

He lit up a cigareete.he has long stopped this bad habit of his,but tonight,he needs one to think,he needs one to calm his confused thought. Eversince he heard the news,he has a hard time accepting it,having a hard time accepting the fact ,that Yoona belongs to someone else,and that he doesn't have any right to her at all...He puffed the cigarettes ,as the ringlet of smokes came forning from her lips. Yoona will get mad at him seeing him doing this for sure....

He heard a sound of an engine,stopped by the next door ,and soon enough,Yoona came out of the car,as the guy opened the door for her. He gave her a  kiss on the lips before he left,and Yoona waved her hand goodbye....

Yoona d for her keys inside her handbag in the darkness of the night, and then she heard a a footsteps coming near to her,as she looked where the sound is coming from,and then she found Donghae standing in the dark...with a faint smile in his face or did she just imagined...as she stared at him.

"Donghae,when did you get home?" she asked as she walked near him and gave her a hug like a long lost friend. "I missed you."

"I just got home this afternoon. How are you Yoona?" he asked.tucking his hand on his pocket.

"Better,a lot better now. So are you on break or something? " she asked. "I can't keep track anymore,for you are seldom home."

"No I am just home for the weekend.I have to go back." he said.

"So what brings you back home" she asked as she opened the door to their house.".Would you like to come in ?"

Donghae nodded his head as he walked inside Yoona's old house.He looked around the old house and touched the old pictures that they have together in one of the picture frame.as he picked it up and stared at it. The picture and the furnitures and the house itself  brings back a lot of memories. Their happy times together. Donghae took a deep breathe,he is not ready yet ,something is not right somewhere...

"So what brings you home this time ? ." she said as she have this faint smile at him.He never came around even if she needs him back then...

"I need to do something,.....fix it  or if I can still make it right." he said as he smiled at her

"It must be something that is pretty important to you? " she asked."Coming all the way here to make it right again."

"Yeah,it is very important to me,she is very important to me,and I just can't let her go just like that,because I love her very much.I came for you Yoona. I heard that you have gotten engaged and i can't accept that." he said.

A tear slid down in Yoona's eyes..."Don't you think you are a little bit late in saying that.I waited for you to say something ,something to hold on to you while you are away  but you never said anything before you left.i waited for you to come back and say something but you never said anything." Yoona said. "I am sorry your time has lapsed and I can't take your word for now." as she left him in the living room and went to her room. Donghae stood there frozen,and yes he is late and it is his fault. How come he never told her before today that he loves her,love her very much,and now it is too late and he has no one to blame but himself....as he felt the pain of losing her for good.

Yoona cried in her room. She waited and waited for him,waited for him to say something,anything ,a glimpse,a hope,a little word that at least will make her hope and make her hold on to him...but there was none. And HeeChul was always there for her...and as she got tired of waiting for Donghae to come around,she ahs accepted her proposals.She kew that she will learn to love hee Chul in time for he has a good heart, But how come,it is hurting her.Seeing Donghae again,made her realised that he is the one that she loves and not Hee Chul,but he is way too late...and yes he cannot fix it now and make it right again....as she cried...

The next day Yoona stayed in her room and never ventured out from thier house.She never even attempted to look out at the window,afraid that she might see Donghae,and seeng him again will mean hurting herself again...But she was too aware of the movement on the next house.

Donghae's Mom noticed the silence and the far away look in her son's eyes. The stolen glances on the next house....She knew that he got feelings for Yoona.She knew that Yoona is the reason for his unexpected visit.

"Is Yoona home?" she asked.

:"I don't know " Donghae answered.

"Did you try calling her or knocking on their door?" she asked.

Donghae shook his head. "it is alright Mom,I think she is busy. I will be going back to school  tomorrow anyway."

"You are leaving without at least talking to her or saying hello?" she asked

"I spoke to her last night. " Donghae said."I might just go out tonight with our friends and she might be there."

His Mom just nodded her head...She knows she did her part already and it will be up to Donghae to do the next move.

The next day,Donghae was all packed and ready to go. Dressed in his jeans and tee shirt,he walked to the familiar pathway to their next door neighbor and knocked on the door. He waited for a while but it seems like Yoona won't be opening any door for him today... as he turned around with a heavy heart.....and then the door opens....as he ti=urned his head to see yoona standing in the doorway dressed in her pajama.withut a trace of make up in her face....She still looks so beautiful,bare and all,as he smiled at the sight of her.

"I am leaving today,I just want to say goodbye,before I leave." as he felt like crying in front of her. he will kneel on his knee just to have her back in his life.He will do anything for her,anything to make her love him again like before....He can see the tears in her eyes and the pain...she is hurting too,the same way that he is hurting....as Yoona ran all the way to Donghae and put her arms around him....

" Donghae, I love you too,and please don't go away....and leave me...I want you here with me." Yoona said.

"What about Hee Chul?" he asked.,but his heart is rejoicing....

"It would not be right anymore.You are the one I love...He will understand." she said.

" So I am not late after all?" he asked.

"You were never too late.I will wait for you even iif it will take forever." she said.as she hugged him tightly.

"No you don't have to wait forever...I won't be able to stand it. I love you Yoona,only you." as he kissed her  and this time everything feels so right...