The Way { Jiro Wang & Hebe Tian }

Scattered Wits And Thoughts On A Rainy Nights And Sunny Days

 

Jiro nibbled on the fries in front of him,as he looked out at the glass panel by the cafeteria.He can see the clear view of the outside. The fall season is definitely here,as the golden leaves dropped on the ground as the wind rustled on the drying stems and branches. He can see the colorful sight of the leaves in their red and golden colors and yes what a beautiful sight,as he took a deep breath.

The breath that he took in seems to draw deep in his lungs trying to get rid of the feeling,trying to shake it out,but it seems like he is a failure to do so. Something is still not right and he cannot just get her out of his system.He has dreamed of her again last night,and it seems like her image is not likely to go away from his mind,no matter how much he tried. Maybe he has to do something about this feelings, but can he face another heart ache again ? But what she is the One this time ? What if she feels the same way that he is feeling ? He shook his head. Maybe she is just being nice and being friendly to him and not because she harbors any secret feeling at him after all.

Frustration sets in as he battled within himself whether to ask her out or not. Jiro took another deep breath again and this time louder and as anger and mixed feelings sets in...He didn't know that Hebe was just near him as she came down and sat in front of him and smiled.

"Uhmm that seems to be a very deep sigh, anything wrong ?" she asked. Hebe looking straight at Jiro with her shoulder lenght hair moving with her,her face clean and smooth,lips red and her eyes clear and sparkled before his very eyes and yet probing inside of him. He was caught unaware as he stared at her and unable to find words to say to her.

"So what is your big problem?" Hebe asked as she smiled at him.Jiro shook his head and smiled at her too.

"No nothing. I was just thinking that;s all." he answered.

"And what can you be thinking at this time of the day ?" Hebe asked. "It must be something heavy."

"No I am just thinking that it is almost holiday season once again. And i have not made any plans yet. Would you believe it is Thanksgiving already next week ?" Jiro said.

"You are not going home for the holiday ? " Hebe asked.

"No,my parents are going back home to Taiwan to celebrate holidays there. They are going to visit relatives and family and it has been a while. They said they want to reconnect to their roots before they leave this world,which is so morbid,but then they are not getting any younger too,so I said to go ahead." Jiro  explained.

"Why don't you join them ? it will be a nice time to visit for you too." Hebe suggested.

"Nah,the fare is too much for only a week and it is along way and will be a very tiring proposition,i might say. Maybe i'l just stay put here, for the holidays. How about you are you going home for Thanksgiving? " he asked.

"I am thinking of not going home this time. After all it is only a four days off, maybe I'll just go home for Christmas and New Year. When I can spend more time with them." she said.

"So does it mean you will be alone too for Thanksgiving ?" Jiro asked.

"I guess so not unless you want to join me. I can cook a decent meal if I really  put my mind into it." Hebe said as she laughed at the thought. Seeing her laughed, Jiro laughed with her too. He just love seeing her smile and laugh if only he can do that,make her smile and laugh everyday...and yes make her happy everyday of her life and then he will be happy too...

"Are you sure, I won't be bothering you or putting a pressure on you to cook ." he said still smiling.

"No,I would welcome your company and anybody's company for the holiday." Hebe said.

"And your boyfriend ?" he asked. He knew she has a relationship way back but he has not heard her mentioned him at all lately and he was just afraid to ask or know. "He will not mind ?"

"What boyfriend ? " as she laughed and shook her head. " He is all history now. A cheating heart is no good to start with."

Jiro stared at her....and she was nursing a broken heart now...then the more he cannot ask her now..

=================================

The doorbell rang as Hebe looked at herself in the mirror. She put on her holiday dress even though she will be just in the house. Yes it will be just Jiro and her and few of their friends at work who got no family in the area just like them.She opened the door and there stood  Jiro i his Sunday's best and holding a bottle of wine.

"Happy Thanksgiving." as he greeted her on the doorway.

"Yes,Happy Thanksgiving too. Come on in. " she said.

"I hope I am not too early.  Nobody is here yet right ?" he asked.

"No it is alright.I am pretty much set already. Everything is in the oven and will be ready in time.Uhmmm I love this wine just suited for dinner. And yes we are having the traditional roasted turkey for dinner." she said.

"Yes I love Turkey on holidays. But yet only on holidays." Jiro added as he laughed. Hebe the music as she went back to the kitchen to check on the roast turkey. And then the music came on..as jiro listened to the songs intently...and then hebe came out of the kitchen as he stared at her...She looked beautiful more so today that any other day. To him she looks beautiful more and more everyday and his feelings for her is growing more and more everyday,and he knows that he cannot pass up the time and the moment anymore .

Hebe looked back at him.It is affection that she  has been seeing in his eyes right now ? She has seen it before but somehow Jiro has not said anything and not done anything to make her feel that it is more than friendship that he wants from her. But yes seeing him everyday and knowing him day in and day out made her love him more. He is all that she wants in a man. But how come he cannot seems to see her at all as the girl of his dreams....

And then the music came on.... as Jiro stood up and came forward and took Hebe's hand..."You don't mind ? "as he took her hand and put his other hand on her waist and as they danced to the music......

"   There's something bout the way you look tonight.
              There's nothing more to say then, I feel it in the way."

"Hebe I thought I can wait but not anymore...Hebe I think I love you,I am falling in love you more and more everyday " Jiro said as his eyes never leaving her. Hebe stared back at him as she teared at his words....

"Oh Jiro...I love you too. " as they locked in embrace..... "I never thought I will hear you say those words. You just never know how long how i waited for you to say those words."

"I never thought that I will have the courage to say it too,until now.And I am glad that I did.Or i could have lost you forever." Jiro said. "I love you hebe Tian with all my heart " as he kissed her in the lips....and this time...He is sure that she is the one after all and there can be no mistakes anymore......Hebe is the one for Jiro....the one for a lifetime...