Smile Again { Ryeowook & Taeyeon }

Scattered Wits And Thoughts On A Rainy Nights And Sunny Days

A/N - I am sorry if this becomes a real drama...but the song is really dramatic,that I can't help myself going that way...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ryeowook looked at the door and still there was no sign of  Tae Yeon.She called earlier in a frantic voice. She has been crying and so that how she sounds and he wants to come over and see her but she refused and they have agreed to meet here in the diner by the corner.

The diner is almost empty now, well it is already past two o clock in the morning,and aside from some people who are just wandering or have just came off movie or party ,this is the place for them.But the diner is like off the main road and little bit secluded from the business district of the city. It is an ideal place to meet someone,secretly or to have a cladestine affair, which Ryeowook smiled, nothing is happening of that sort between Him and Tae Yeon.

The waitress came and smiled at him, wondering what is he doing alone at this time. She was an olderly lady in her sixties,with a graying hair and with a wrinkly smile on her eyes.

"You are waiting for someone ?" she asked.

Ryeowook nodded his head. He was about to say something but opted to keep quiet,as he concentrated on the coffee in front of him.He wondered if Tae Yeon will ever come tonight...

Tae Yeon was his friend,his very best friend. They were friends in college and hang around together a lot. And before he knew it,the friendship that he knew has turned into something deeper,and he has fallen for her. But then it is too late,she started going out with his  friend Yesung,and it is too late for him to say something.And yet Tae Yeon trusted him more than anybody else,more than Yesung her boyfriend.And Tae Yeon used to confide everything to him, her problems,her relationship with Yesung.

And Yesung used to get jealous of their friendship ,of their relationship and so he started pulling away from his best friend. Tae Yeon refused but Ryeowook knew that it is the best for all of them,to leave the two of them and build up their relationship...He knew that Tae Yeon loves Yesung very much. In as much as he hates giving up on Tae Yeon,he knew that he has to go .

And then after a year,he saw Tae Yeon again,and she has changed,his friends has changed. He can sensed the uneasiness in her,the sadness in her eyes,and this time,he knew that his friend is not happy. He decided to stick around,knowing that his friend neeeded him. And yes despite the distance that he created, the feeling is still there. He still love Tae Yeon so much...

Only last week,she told him,a little bits and pieces of what is going on,in her life. Yes,she and Yesung are still together and in fact they are living together,without the benefit of marriage,something that surprised Ryeowook. He knows her friend,Tae Yeon is a very moral person,but what love could have done to her.

And yes when he stared at her,he saw the dark circles in her eyes,the loneliness was there,gone are the laughter and humor inside of her. It seems like his friend doesn't know how to laugh anymore...The smile was forced,her color is pale ,it seems the very life inside her is all gone...Where is the girl who laugh so loud without cares? Where is the girl,who is not afraid of anything ? And where is the girl that will conquer the world and yes will bring about changes in the world of chaos? His old friend it seems is gone now but replaced by her dark soul...

And then her face emerged from the door. The same pale color face ,but her eyes is red from crying? She barely brushed her hair,and yes his friend is a mess ,so to speak...He stood up to greet her. And he can't help but hugged her...Tae Yeon the only woman he ever loved...is hurting,and it is hurting him more....

"What happen ? Why are you crying ?" he asked. Tae Yeon just hugged him back,unable to say something. He noticed that the few people inside are looking at them as he took Taeyeon to the table in the corner....he was still holding her.

"What is going on Tae Yeon? You have to tell me. I can't let you go on like this. " Ryeowook said. "Where is Yesung in all of these? What has he been doing to you ?"

"It is not his fault,it is all mine.Please don't blame him." she said in tears." I just lost our baby...I lost my baby,Ryeowook and I feel so empty inside." she said. as she sobbed some more. "I wanted that baby more than anything else. I wanted her although he doesn't want it..I thought that the baby will keep us together and that he will never astray and look for another one.I think I am losing him,he doesn't love me anymore..."

"Maybe,it is all a misunderstanding. Yesung loves you.I am sure of that." he said trying to appease her.

"No,it is not a misunderstanding,he told me so himself,after I told him about the baby. He doesn't want the baby and the whole obligation of a wife and kids. That is why he never ask me to marry him.He has no plans in marrying me,and I have been hoping.How can I be such a fool?" she said.."I hate him now,I hate him now."

"Tae Yeon,maybe everything is just too much for you. You have to stop and heal first. You have to give Yesung another chance." he said."Don't just throw away your relationship like that."

"He threw me away before I can do that. We are over. Totally over." she said as she sat on the chair and wiped her tears. She took a deep breath and stared at him with a tear stained face and smiled at him. "I should have married you instead. I could have loved you Ryeowook.Why did you not love me ? "  as she bit her lips.

Ryeowook looked at her with surprised. What could possible,is she saying ? Is he hearing the right thing?  "I don't understand." was all he could say at that time.

"I loved you before,you are the one that I love but it seems like you only love me as a sister and a friend. You never wanted to love me the way that I want to. For you I can only be a friend,that's all." as tears ran once again in her cheeks. Why is she saying it now? Why is she confronting him now? Is it because she is hurting too much and that she doesn't care anymore? Sometimes when you are hurting,you are just aware of the pain and overlook all others like pride.

Ryeowook closed his eyes,so she also loves him,the way that he loves her. They been loving each other all along and never a word about it. "I love you too Tae Yeon.I always love you "   he said. "I thought that it is Yesung you love all along."Ryeowook took Tae Yeon's hand and this time he is holding it in a different way...like that of a man in love with his woman...

"I won't rush you now,I know you have a lot of healing to do.I just want you to know that I will be waiting for you no matter how long it takes..." he said.

"I know,I am not ready too. I know it will take time for me to heal, I might have to go away for now. Maybe when I am ready to smile again,to love again...I hope that you will still be here for me. " she said.

" I will be here, like always. I love you Tae Yeon. And even if it will take a lifetime, I still be loving you." he said.

Tae Yeon smiled, "I don't think,you have to wait a lifetime for me.But yes I am coming back for you." she said,as they hugged each other....And finally finding each other again...after a long walk home...