Maine's 21st Birthday

Scattered Wits And Thoughts On A Rainy Nights And Sunny Days

It was an over all a fun day , as Maine recalled her 21st birthday . Finally she is now an adult , which means freedom from her parents and family . But does she really wants that freedom as she mused .  

She was all alone in her room in her Condo . Dean is sleeping , tired from his chaperone job for his Ate . Meng smiled at the thought . Yes she is so blessed in so many ways and that includes a loving and supportive family .

She put her feet up in the center table as she was seated in her sofa. She opened her IPad and saw that it is only 11 o clock at night , an hour left on her birthday . She let out a deep sigh. As frown came on her face .

Alden has been quiet since they said goodbye after the party in Broadway. Was she disappointed in him ? After all he put an effort in putting all this together , but something is lacking that WE time , the you and I time that she hoped for . Is she expecting too much from him ? Anyway they are still at an early stage of their relationship .

The beautiful red roses looks beautiful in the vase , that he gave early on . She already read the beautiful note with it declaring his love for her . But..... Why is she alone on her birthday night ? Time ... Time is what she wants from him more than anything else.

She stood up , as she aim for the fridge to have a drink of cold water . And then the door bell rang ....

She wondered who could it be? Her friends maybe giving her a last minute surprise. She is not even dress for a company , a sleeveless shirt with her gartered shorts .

The bell rang again , so she went to the door to check on the security camera. There is none in there . As she was about to turn around, it rang again , as it became impatient.

There are only few people who are allowed in her Condo , so it must be one of those Weirdo friends of hers, cracking a joke on her . As she unlocked her door to let them in ....

Her eyes widened in surprise , as she saw Alden standing there with a grin in his face . "Can I come in ? I know it is late " as he flashed his most adorable smile , his dimple flashing . Maine burst into a big grin .

" Mr Faulkerson what could possibly be in your mind ? " as she looked at him and let him in .

"I just want the last hour of your special day . So I will be the last one on your mind on your special day " as she took her hand and have her seat on his lap .

"Alden.., Dean is here . " as Maine warn him . But her heart is fluttering with happiness , as it shout " I am special to him after all . He really do love after all "

" Can't I hug my girl without the camera ? I just want to hold you like this " as he put his arms around her. They could hear each other heart beating so fast . " And to kiss you like this " as he put his lips in hers ., and then everything is forgotten around them .

After few minutes .... Alden pulled his lips from her , though he is having a hard time just doing that . " Maine , the reason I came back is also because of this " as Alden pulled out a small box on his pocket .

A ring , Maine thought ran wild . An engagement ring but is she ready for this . She is wildly in love with him but a marriage this soon . Just when everything is going so good in their careers right now. Isn't this too soon ??? as she gulped the cold air in the room and her eyes wide in disbelief

. " An engagement ring ? Isn't it too soon Alden ? " as she said the words in a hurried pace. She is nervous , very nervous . She is afraid , so afraid that she might say yes, but she is just too young to get married .

Alden smiled at her as he put his finger in her lips . " I know you are going to say that . But I can't , I want you to be mine ., Maine , and I know that you are the girl that I want to marry and that you are the one . I know too that we are still young , so I am giving you this " .

A platinum ring with tiny diamonds on it came out from the box . "This is a promise ring Maine , a promise that I will marry you when the right time comes . " Alden said as he slid the ring in her slender finger .

And then another ring was in the box , almost the same as the one she got ,as Alden gave it to her . "This will be mine , and this will be a reminder that I made that promise to you. And I want you to put this on me . Can you make the same promise as mine ? "

Maine stared at his eyes and then nodded her head as she put the ring in Alden's finger. Alden lift up her chin and then kissed her again full on her lips , locking and sealing that promise .

Later on the two lovebirds can be seen sitting on the floor of the balcony , the guy's arms on her shoulder as she lays her head on his chest as they wait for the sunrise . It will be a great year ahead of them, Maine thought , as she close her eyes .