Why Did I Fall In Love With You ? { Jaejoong & Boa & Yunho}

Scattered Wits And Thoughts On A Rainy Nights And Sunny Days

Jaejoong looked at the glass panel as he waited for his friend to arived. It has been quite a while since he saw his friend Boa.Both if them has been busy   now following their own dreams.. But growing up together in a small suburban town, sort of bonded them together.Even though they lived apart now,sill they have this special kinship that can never be broken.

They grew up sharing lunches and candies together while they were in grade school, having sleep overs at each others house,playing together,her forcing him to play house with her and him asking her to play ninja and kung fu in return, and then to their awkward stages of teen life,where Boa shared  even her girlish secrets of crushes and falling in love.Her discovery of changes in her body and her beauty secrets and the changes in her own emotions He in turn shared with her his dreams and ideals,his stand as a man and even his sports addiction from baseball,to football to basketball and soccer,They grew up so close,that some wondered if there is more to it. And their relationship has gone to scrunity of some,and yes theirs is  friendship, pure and simple.

They became apart only because of schools. Jaejoong went to Boston to study having gained scholarship to one of the most prestigious schools in the country while Boa went to New York to attend a very notable Designs and arts school there.They reconnected again recently ,both finding thier own dreams in New York City,the center of them all.

And yes seeing Boa again,now a full grown woman,far from the little girl that he knew. Yes she still have that long flowing hair that he loves to touch all the time ,teasing her just to feel that smooth ,silky long black hair,but now,she changed it collor to a medium brown hair.Gone is the bare face and simple Boa,now her face is now well lined with arches of colored pencils on her eyebrows and lips. And despite of the changes,he has learned to yearn for that face,day in and day out,something that he has never felt before.He has come to look forward each day ,of spending time with her.Time seems to flew away whenever he was with her.

And soon enough,Boa manifested right in front of him,with that long brown hair and that well arched eyebrows and the well defined lips,as she smiled at him.

"Have you been waiting that long?" she asked. "I am sorry ,my train was late." as she took a deep breath.

"Been waiting,I said eight not nine." as he acted that he was mad and impatient.

"I am sorry,but Yunho called and i have a hard time getting off the phone .Your friend is something else." as she chuckled and smiled.

Yunho,when did he started getting in the picture? Jaejoong wondered.He has introduced them a month ago,when they were hanging out together and had a drink in one of the bar in downtown. Yunho was his classmates and he has just landed a very nice job in the city.Well he is some sort of brainiac and it doesn't help that he is also very good looking with a nice built.He is like one of those guys ,who are bound to succeed in their life.He frown at the thought,yes Yunho will be a good catch for Boa,while him,well he may not be that bad,but he is not yunho with a good resume.Suddenly he could not understand himself why his heart is eating up with jealousy at his friends.

"He has been calling you?" he asked.

"He has been bugging me ,and mine you he is very persistent,i might say yes to his invitation one of this days." she said."I am hungry,what do you feel like having,before we go?"

"Be careful with him,he has some sort of reputation before." Jaejoong said,ignoring the question.

Boa laughed."Don't worry about your friend.I can handle him.I should be able to know how to handle his kind before. I am not naive girl anymore,that used to cry at your shoulder all the time whenever I am brokenhearted." as she shook her head. "I wise up now."

Yes she sure has wise up now,now he thinks ,she knows how to play the game...but he wished for the old naive Boa,that believes in everything is good in thsi world.But how come he is loving her now more....and he can't even tell her that. It is too late and it can be so awkward to fall in love with your bestfriend,especially if the other end is clueless and innocent.

"it is you that I am worried,no girlfriend yet,not even once." she said with a laugh.

"I just have not find the right girl yet." he said trying to avoid the shift of focus on him.

"Gee, Jae,there are hundreds of girls who will do anything and will go crazy just to be your girlfriend.And you never took the bait.What is wrong with you?" she said with a big eyes."Some men will be having a feast of girls right now,like your friend Yunho"  as she had this big laugh again.

"I don't want to have a girlfriend just for the sake of having a girlfriend." he said,"I want to have a girlfriend because I love her and she loves me." He looked at her ,and said to himself," I can't have a girlfriend,because it is you that I love but you don't love me back that way."

"Huh, I heard that line before. Things doesn't happen that way anymore. Believe,until you stopped believing on those crazy notions of yours,then nothing is gonna happen in your so called lovelife." she said.

"Yeah,yah,I know I heard the same thing from you too." he said. "Those boyfriends of yours must have really hardened you up." as he added ,but he noted th change of expression in her face and  suddenly he felt so foolish in adding that one up.

"Come on let us eat,I am hungry." he said,trying to ease the discussion....

+++++++++++++++++++

Jaejoong has just got a phone call from Boa,and she is all excited. She is coming over ,to tell him the good news.He wondered what could it possibly be.They have been busy lately,both of them finding a job in the city,and trying to prove their worth in the company that they are working. They still try to meet from twice a week,having to crossed the town just to meet her ,then to once a week and lately she ahs been very busy ,she said and before he knew it,he has not seen her in almost a month.

The doorbell rang and there stood Boa with a big smile in her face.Seeing her withat smile and yes this smile is something extraordinary ,cause happiness radiated in her face. her own happiness rubbing it on him,as he smiled and scooped her in an embrace.

"Boa,I missed you." hugging her so close,and yes how he missed her. Feeling her body next to him,he realized the more how much he loves this very girl in front of him.

"I missed you too,my friend. I am so sorry,i have been very busy lately," she said.She was sorry that she felt like neglecting him,

"It is alright I am fine. Too busy with your social life." he said."I am quite busy with my job too."

"And still no girlfriend?" she asked as he .

"Nah,too busy to even think about that." he said with a smile."What about you,social butterfly?"

She got this impish smile on her face,and Jaejoong,did not like her expression at all.He can feel his heart beating wildly.Is she what am I thinking? Is my friend in love again?

Boa  showed her hand in front of  him,and there is a solitary sing in there,a big slab of stone staring at him,as he swallowed hard at it's meaning. And then he felt the pain...the pain that he never expected. And it jolted him...

"You are engaged ??" he said with an incredulous stare at Boa,and Boa stared at her,surprised at his own reaction.She thought that he will be happy for her,but she never expected this kind of reaction. Could it be that Jae  also got this  feeling for her. But she have already accepted that Jae will never love her the way she loves him,accepted that they can never be.

Boa nodded her head. "Last night over a dinner. Yunho proposed to me and I accepted. He said he really mean it this time. And I think he really does love me." she added with a serious face .

"I am glad. So when is the wedding?" he asked as he turned his back on her,he doesn't want her to see the pain in his eyes,that he is having a hrad to cover now.He can feel the tears threatening any minute.

"This coming spring.Be ready,you will have a part on it." she said."I want my best friend to be in there, on my special day."

"I will be there,I won't miss it for the world." he said as he looked at her, "I am so happy for you." as he swallowed the bitterness in his mouth.

"Thank you my friend.I hope you can find you own happiness too.I hope you can find your Princess, the one that you will love and she will love you back,as you have fdreamed it will be." as she hugged him and then a tear came. Loving him,has given her so much happiness and she knows soon that she will have to give him up....so he can find his own happiness.

"I will,I know I will" he said,as he promised himself ,that he will be over her,yes he will forget his feelings for her and it is not gonna happen anytime soon.It will take time,and he just have to take it one day at a time.....