B.A.P's thoughts

The English Teacher

 

 

Zelo's POV:

Erghh, I grumbled to myself. Why did she have to fall asleep on Daehyun's shoulder? I was her first friend! Aish, this girl was so frustrating!

My blood started to boil as I looked over as Joy's head on Daehyuns shoulder. I looked closer at him. Was he smiling? Ani, he couldn't like Joy, he rarely talks to new people. Maybe, he just thought the movie was funny, I tried to convince myself. I could barely concentrate on the movie.

"Yah, pass the popcorn." said Youngjae.

"Here," I said amgrily throwing it at him. Luckily he caught the bag, so that none spilt.

"Yah, maknae! Whats wrong with you?" he said. Everyone turned around to look at me, even Daehyun, which caused Joy's head to bounce.

"Ani, nothing. I just don't like this movie." I lied. Truth was, I had no idea what the movie was about, I was too absorbed in my thoughts to pay attention.

"That makes two of us," Jongup said from beside me.

"Three," Himchan called from the floor.

"D'ya reckon we can just turn it off, and say we watched it, seeing as she's asleep and all . . .?" asked Youngjae. We all stared at him shocked, out of all of us, I expected him to be the one who wanted to watch it the most, seeing as how it was a 'learning expierence', even if our teacher was asleep. "Mwol?" he asked, "It's boring". He got up off the floor to turn off the DVD player.

"Yah! Don't touch the DVD" said Yongguk. We all stared at him for a while, and then all burst out in laughter. "Yah, it's a good movie!" he scolded.

"Mianhae, hyung. Would you like a tissue?" asked Jongup when we all stopped laughing for two seconds, setting us all off again.

"Yah! It's not funny. Stop laughing!" he grumbled. 

 

I looked over at Joy again, Daehyun laughing had caused her to stir awake a small bit. Babo, I cursed him in my head. Didn't he know any better? Aish! Why did I even care so much! She adjusted herself, and grabbed Daehyun's arm. And mumbled something. I looked at Daehyun, he was scowling. "Wae? What'd she say?" I asked him.

"Mwol?" he aked, shocked, I'd noticed.

"You look really pissed off right now. Did she insult you or something?" I nodded at Joy.

"Mwol? Ani, she's hurting my arm, I don't know what she said." he replied.

"Here, I'll move her, if you want?" I offered.

"Ani, it's O.K. You might wake her."

"I think Daehyun likes her Zelo, you might have competition." interrupted Himchan.

"M-mwol?" stuttered Daehyun startled. Was it me or was he turning red? "I don't like her. What gave you that idea?"

"Well for one, you won't move her," said Himchan.

"You actually talk to her. Remember when my sister came over? You wouldn't say two words to her." piped up Youngjae. 

"You defended her, when I said I didn't want her teaching us English," said Yongguk. Huh, he was listening. I guess he isn't as riveted to the movie as I thought.

"Y-yah! Mwohaneun?" he said, angry at us for ganging up on him. "I didn't talk to your sister 'cos she's annonying and all she did was follow me around like a lost puppy. And maybe I wanna learn English!" he retorted.

"Yah! Thats my sister you're talking about!" Youngjae shouted, but Daehyun shushed him and pointed to Joy.

"But that still doesn't explain why you won't move her. You don't talk to anyone outside of us, but you let that girl sleep on your shoulder. Wae?" I pointed out.

"Aish! I told you! You'll wake her up! Besides, she's teaching us, how can I not talk to her?" he snapped. "Wae? Do you like her?"

"Ani," I mumbled.

"SHUT UP AND LET ME WATCH THE MOVIE!"

 

                                                                                                      *             *              *

Daehyun's POV:

I was pacing the floor. I was agitated. I didn't know why but I was uneasy. What if they are right and I like Joyce? I couldn't get that thought out of my head. I refused to believe it. I wouldn't believe it. not after the last time. . . But what if they're right? commented an annoying voice in my head. Aish! But the truth was, I was jealous when Zelo hugged her the first day we met her. I liked it when, loved it when it was me she fell asleep on and not Zelo.

But the other reasons were true. Youngjae's sister was a year younger than him, and followed me around like a puppy. One year? Huh, that was the same age as Zelo and Joyce. Funny, but I didn't find Joyce annonying like her. I wonder why . . .?

"I'm going to see the Manager," Yongguk announced, unexpectately, snapping me out of my revere.

Everyone looked up at him, "Wae?" asked Himchan.

"It's about the new music video shoot. Nothing to worry your pretty little visual face about," he teased good naturely.

The manager . . . I thought he was taking Joyce home? That would mean that she was walking home alone at. . . I glanced at the clock on the wall . . . half ten at night.

"I'm going out too," I said. They all looked at me curiously. "I'm going to the supermarket. We have no food. . . I know . . . I know, cherry tomatoes, ice-cream, cheetos and more cherry tomatoes" I asid as they all opened their mouths to talk.

I grabbed my jacket, runners and mask so no-one would recognise me, and was at the door when Zelo shouted behind me.

"Hyung, don't forget the cherry tomatoes!"

 

                                                                                                    *                *                *

 

What if she was hurt? There'd be some drunks out at this time. i was sure of it. I had seen it first hand. Hell, I'd expierenced it first hand. I got out of  the hotel, ignoring the screaming fangirls. Didn't they ever go home? The amount of times I had to rely on my mask to go out was ridiculous. Thankfully they never recognised me with a mask on, they wouldn't expect an idol to be out this late.

I got out of the security barrier, and took off at a sprint down the road. I wasn't running long, when I saw a slim figure ahead. "Joyce," I whispered. All of a sudden a man stumbled out a pub, he went closer to the figure and grabbed her wrists.

"JOYCE!" I roared.

 

                                                                                                        *                  *                 *

 

Yongguk's POV:

"That idiot," I murmered to myself, watching Daehyun sprint off down the road, from the window. Where was he going? We were new idols, we barely had time to pause. Sure, Warrior was big, but they were new, in danger of being easily forgotten. Did Daehyun really think that they had time to have a life, let alone go out this late at night? What if someone saw him and recognised him? Rumours would spread like wildfire. Making a mental note to pull him aside later, I left for the manager's office.

 

"Annyeonghaseo, Manger" I bowed.

"Oh, Yongguk," he looked up. "You're here."

"You wanted to talk to me about the new video?" I asked, taking a sit across from him in his office.

"Yes, but first tell me how are you all dealing with Joyce? I hope you're looking after her alright? She's an old family friend." he looked at me sternly.

"Ne, Manager. She's doing fine. But can I ask why we have a sixteen year old teaching us instead of a fully licenced teacher?"

"Hmmm, how do I say this? Well you know she was awarded a scholarship to Zelo's school? And how she used to live in England?" he asked me gravely. I nodded my head to confirm. "Have you never wondered why a sixteen year old would travel half-way across  the globe to live by herself? Well, when she was fourteen her mother got cancer, and it was always her wish that Joyce return to South Korea to study. Last year, the cancer got very bad. Su Mi applied Joyce for Jungsang High School. She died that year. Joyce was accepted into Jungsang this year. She felt obligated to go. It was her mother's dying wish" he told me.

"Wow," I said, shocked. "And I was so harsh to her. But, that doesn't explain why she's our tutor."

"Su Mi was a very kind woman. Always put others before herself. She only ever asked me one favour in the twenty odd years I knew her. 'Look after Joyce, when she goes to Korea'. She never doubted Joyce would get in," he chucked. I just sat there. I vowed to be nicer to her, maybe help her out with the dongsaengs a little bit. "Oh! Yongguk!" said the Manager sternly, "you make sure to tell them all that they aren't allowed to date her!"

"Erghh . . . ." I replied, remebering Zelo hugging Joyce, and even Daehyuns odd behaviour. Wait, he couldn't possibly like her, could he? He hasn't liked anyone since. . . Well, I really didn't want to break it to them, anyways.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________