Lost

The English Teacher

 

 

BigBang smiled at us, as we nearly creashed into them.

"Oh, mianhae." We said together, bowing. They were standing outside a studio room reading a script.

"Yah! Joy, Nana, where are you?" Zelo called out. Taeyang smiled.

"Are running away from someone?" T.O.P asked, raising an eyebrow. I blushed.

Calm down, Joyce. This isn't the time to turn into a crazy fangirl. I told myself.

B.A.P skidded around the corner. They saw BigBang and bowed immediately. BigBang bowed back, and before two seconds had passed, B.A.P had struck up a converstaion with them about music and their up coming tour. Nana and I stuck out like sore thumbs. All of a sudden, someone put their hands over my eyes.

"Jagiya, I'm hungry. Let's ditch them." Daehyun whispered into my ear. I nodded, and he took his hands off my eyes, and grabbed my hand. We started walking backwards quietly. When we were far enough away, we started walking faster and talking.

"I feel bad, leaving Nana there." I told Daehyun.

"Ah, don't worry. Zelo'll entertain her." He winked at me.

"Jinjja? Has Zelo said something to you? Does Zelo like her?" I asked him.

"I'm not telling you." He stuck his tongue out at me, and I laughed at his cuteness. 

Daehyun got the food, while I got some drinks. I laughed as he came back with two slices of cheesecake. He shrugged and smiled.

"I like cheesecake." He defended himself.

We fed each other the cheesecake, and I laughed as he got some on his nose.

"Aigo, so messy." I said, and wiped it off with a napkin. He smiled at me.

 

"We better get back, or else you'll be late, and you won't get your voice on that C.D." I told him, checking my watch.

"Arasso, jagi."

We walked back to the recording room, holding hands.

"You stay here, and wait for me, arasso?" Daehyun asked me. "I just need to go and get some drinks and snacks for them, or else they'll kill me." He winked and kissed my check. I blushed, which only caused him to laugh endearingly at me.

I leaned back against the wall, and closed my eyes. After a while, I felt someone's face close to mine, and smiled, thinking it was Daehyun. I opened my eyes slowly, and nearly jumped out of my skin.

Someone's face was close to mine, but it wasn't Daehyun. I pushed them back away from me.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?" I asked them.

"Tut, tut. Is that any way to greet someone you haven't seen in such a long time?" He asked sarcastically.

"Dongyul-sshi?" I asked in pure disbelief.

"Neh." He replied. "What are you doing here?"

"I should ask you the same question." I retorted.

"I'm here with JYP, as part of my trainee program. You on the other hand can neither sing or dance, which means your not apart of a company. You aren't of a high enough standard to work in the café. So why are you here? Did you pay for a tour?" He rebutted.

"Ani. I'm here for-" I bit my tongue. Yongguk didn't tell me if I was allowed to tell other people I was here with B.A.P. I didn't know what to say, and I felt my cheeks getting hot.

"You're here with a tour aren't you?" He snorted. "Oh, Joyce, I knew you were pathetic, but I didn't know it was to that extent. You actually paid to come here? What, where you hoping that you'd meet a celebrity, and he'd ask you out? Well, that's a bit optimistic, isn't it? I mean you were never a looker, and it seems like you've put on a good bit of weight since you left. And you were fat back then as well. Who'd pick you? I really don't know what I was thinking back then."

My eyes started to well up.

"Aww, is the little girl going to cry? Hoping a celebrity'll comfort you? Who'd pick you?" He asked me. I couldn't stop my tears, but I didn't want him to see, I shoved him away. I ran down a random hallway, not caring about where I went, only focused on getting as far away as possible. I let the tears fall, and dried them with the cuff of my sleeve. I forgot completely about Daehyun until five minutes later when I realised that I was truly lost.

"Oh no." I muttered to myself. I tried to retrace my steps, and after many attempts, I conceded defeat. I came to an active recording booth. And I knocked on ithe outer door lightly, and hoped whoever was in there was understanding. I sumbled back as T.O.P came out.

"Oh, you're the runaway girl from earlier." He said, recognising me.

"Neh." I blushed.

"Are you okay, do you need something?" He asked, and I nodded my head.

"I'm kind of lost." I told him.

"Jinjja?" He laughed. "What happened to your boyfriend that was with you?"

"Erm," I bit my lip. "I kind of lost him too."

"Jinjja?" He guffawed. "You're losing a lot of things today. But . . ." He noticed my red eyes. "You've been crying. Did you fight with him?"

"Andwae. I just got lost, and panicked." I lied. He lauged though, believing me. Daesung came out then, to see what was taking T.O.P so long. I blushed when I saw him as well. Daesung smiled politely at me.

"Hyung, is everything okay?"

"Neh, she just got lost. I think I have to take her back to B.A.P." T.O.P told him. My cheeks were dangerously red now.

"I might as well come with you." He told T.O.P.

"Joyce, is it?" Daesuung asked and I nodded. "How did you get lost?"

"Molla. I just . . . did."

 

Daesung knocked on the door, and Himchan opened it. He held a hand over his heart.

"Joycie. You're alright. I was so worried about you!" He told me. "Guys, she's here."

Yongguk appeared at the door. "Thanks for looking out for her. We'll see you next month for the rehearsal." He pulled me in, as I thanked T.O.P and Daesung for helping me.

"Where did you disappear to?" Youngjae said, handing me a muffin and a bottle of water.

"I got lost." I said, and turned down the muffin, even though Daehyun had ate the majority of my slice of cake, but accepted the bottle of water. Dongyul's comment was branded in my mind. I sat down and watched Daehyun who was in the booth. Nana came and sat down beside me.

"Where did you disappear off to?" She asked me. "Daehyun was really worried."

He opened his eyes, and saw me. He glared at me, before winking and smiling at me. I gave him a half-smile back.

"I met Dongyul." I confessed, my eye's never leaving Daehyun's.

"Mwoh?"

"He's here as an observer as part of his trainee program." I told her. "Needless to say, I was a bit upset after meeting him, and I sort of took off, and got lost."

"That's why you're not eating." It wasn't a question, but rather a statement of fact.

"Sometimes his words hurt."

She nodded and didn't say anything back. Their session passed uneventfully. I was engrossed in their performance, and clapped when they finished.

Daehyun came up to me, and I thought he'd be furious with me, but he wasn't at all.

"Why aren't you mad?" I asked him, as we walked down to the hall.

"Because, I'm going to get you back." He told me in an ominous voice, and burst out in laughter.

"Hyung, you go straight there, I have to meet up with someone, I'll see there, okay?" Youngjae came up to Daehyun. Daehyun agreed, and  Youngjae ran off down the hall.

"Are we going somewhere?" I asked Daehyun, and he nodded.

"Where?" I asked excited.

"Lotte World!" He told me, and Nana, I, Zelo and Jongup cheered.

"Jinjja? Daebak, hyung!" Jongup said.

"And that's were I'm going to get my revenge!" Daehyun told me evily.

"Uh oh." I gupled.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________