Telling Them

The English Teacher

 

 

School passed in a haze. Zelo wasn't in, so I had no one to talk to during class. Both Nana and I was exhausted from last night. We didn't sleep till late last night. I've missed my best friend. Apparently, Choi Dongyul, the only Korean in our class, aside from Nana and myself, had been accepted into JYP entertainment.

"He was all high and mighty before I left. I'm not sure when he comes to Korea," she told me, rolling her eyes.

"We're all together." I scoffed.

 

"Earth to Joy. Earth to Joy!" Nana was furiously waving her hand in front of my face. I looked up, and flashed her an apologetic smile. I packed up my bag, and we headed home.

"Why are you walking so fast? Slow down!" Nana huffed. I turned around and realised that she was a good bit behind me.

"Mian. I'm just excited to get home!" I told her.

"Daehyun?"

"Ani," I blushed. "It's midterm! Two whole weeks of relaxation!" She raised an eyebrow at me. "Ok, fine. I want to see Daehyun too!" I confessed. A little too loudly. Maybe we were a lot closer to the dorm than I thought.

"Mwoh? You wanna see me?" I spun around and nearly dropped dead of fright. Daehyun was standing behind me, wearing casual clothes and a mask. I clutched my heart.

"Ah! You scared me!" I scolded him.

"Mian, jagiya." He pulled me into a hug. I nestled my head into his shoulder.

Nana looked between the pair of us. "Jagiya? Well, won't Jinyoung be disappointed?"

I broke away from the hug to slap her. Daehyun's expression darkened somewhat.

"Because of your stunt, I had B.A.P quizzing me all night about Joy." he told her, annoyed.

"Daehyun, don't be mad at her." I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Yeah, don't be mad at me! You're going to love me soon. I convinced her to tell you what happened."

Daehyun looked down at me, still holding my hand. I nodded my head, verifying what she was saying.

"Alright, I take it back. I love you, Nana-ah!"

I whacked him on the chest, He put his hands where I had slapped him, still holding my hand, so my hand was on his chest.

"Don't be mad, jagiya. I love you too!" I could tell he was smiling beneath his mask by the way his eyes crinkled at the corners.

"What are you even doing here?" I grumbled, still mad at him. I pulled my hand off his chest, and he interlaced our fingers.

"What? I can't make sure my jagiya gets home from school O.K?" I laughed as he gave me puppy eyes. He took my bag off my back, and swung it over one of his shoulders, without letting go of my hand. I chuckled at his affection behaviour and started walking home.

"Ay, this lovey dovey couple." Nana muttered behind us.

"Yah, you have Zelo!" I told her.

"Choi Joyce, you get back here this instant!" she shouted at me, bbut I had already took off down the road with Daehyun.

 

"So, you going to tell me?" Daehyun asked me casusally as we were watching a movie in the front room. I had my head on his chest as he was leaning down, so were lying down a little bit with a blanket around us. Nana had managed to convince Zelo and B.A.P to take her shopping. I had gotten out of it by saying I had homework to do, and Daehyun had lied and said he needed to practice his lines for 'Power'. It was Nana's way of giving us some alone time.

"Tell you what?" I asked him, distracted by Lee Minho taunting Geum Jan Di.

"About what happened."

I sighed dramatically, but decided I might as well get it over with him.

"But, you'r enot allowed to interupt me, if you do, I won't tell you anymore. Arasso?"

"Arasso, jagiya. I promise I won't interrupt."

I began telling him about Taerin, and how I had met her. As soon as I mentioned her name, I felt him tense up. I brushed it off, and assumed that he was just worried about what I was going to say. I told him the whole story. He kept true to his word, and didn't interrupt me, however there was some close calls, especially when I got to the bit where I was attacked, and when I saw them the next day. He made some involuntary sounds, and hugged me closer to his chest. I continued with my story, and finished with Nana telling me to tell him and the other members.

"I am so sorry, jagiya." Daehyun whisphered in my ear. His voice was full of sorrow and anger. He gently pushed me off him so that he could get up. I stared after him.

"Daehyun? Where are you going?" I called after him as he went into the kitchen.

"I'm just making a call, jagiya. Relax." He closed the door after him, drowning out his voice. I sighed and leant back against the couch.

 

"JOYCIE!!" Himchan cooed as he burst through the door, laden with shopping bags. The rest of B.A.P followed him in, as well as Nana, each had as much bags as Himchan and were all wearing grumpy expressions.

"Joyce, what's wrong?" Youngjae asked me, dropping his bags and rushing over to my side. I wiped my tears away from my eyes.

"Ani, it's nothing, Oppa. I just -"

"WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? WHAT KIND OF IMBECILE ARE YOU?" Daehyun roared from the other room, and I flinched for the hundreth time that night. He had been in there for over half an hour, shouting down the phone every so often. I didn't like it. I was too scared to go in ask him what it was about. The only time I had ever seen this side of him, was when he beat up my attacker.

They all noticed me flinching, and Yongguk adopted a worried expression, while Daehyun continued the shouting match with the person down the phone. Youngjae and Himchan sat down beside me, and wrapped a hand around me. Jongup handed me a tissue to dry my tears. I smiled kindly at all of them. Nana was watching me worriedly.

"Did you tell him?" she asked, despite everyone else in the room.

"Ne. And he went in there straight away." I sniffed. Everyone else looked confused, but didn't press it.

"YOU !" Daehyun roared again, and slammed the phone. He walked out of the kitchen, and did a double take when he saw everyone there.

"Ergh . . . you didn't hear that, did you?" he asked sheepishly.

Nana nodded. "I think Joyce heard the most though." Nana pointed to me.

Daehyun saw me crying and immediately was at my side, booting Youngjae out of his spot. He pulled me in for a hug.

"Mian. Jinjja Mian." He kissed the top of my head, and I heard a collective gasp from B.A.P.

"Hyung, you and Joy. You two- " Zelo stuttered off. No one bothered to answer him.

I pushed him away, and he looked hurt.

"Ah, come on jagiya. I just had to call my . . . I just had to call Jung Woosoo."

I gave him a look. I knew that he wasn't telling me everything.

"Hey, guys. I don't mean to interrupt your little lovers quarrel here," Yongguk said calmly. Everyone gaped at him, before looking back and forth between me and Daehyun. I could see Jongup mouthing 'They're going out?' to Youngjae, who shruuged and nodded.

"But, would you like to enlighted us on what just happened?" Yongguk continued.

"She told him, that's what happened, and then Daehyun flipped out." Nana said confidentely. Daehyun glared at her.

"Told him what?"

"She told him what happened that night she came back injured, Junhoong."

"Oh, jinjja? What happened?"

"Joyce, you explain."

I sighed in defeat and told them, begining form the very begining. Daehyun eveloped me in his arms, so that he was hugging my side, and rested his head on my shoulder. There was a few angry outbursts, and I could feel Daehyun flinching beside me. When I finally finished, Nana decided to interrogate B.A.P a little bit.

"So, Zelo, have you ever seen this Taerin?"

"Um, not at school, no." he said awkwardly. He was definitely hiding something. Nana was thinking the exact same thing as me.

"I'm not! I swear!"

"You're so bad at lying Zelo. Just tell me." Zelo looked away from her, and shot pleading glances at his hyungs. Nana, ever the observant tokki, noticed it.

"What do you know? Tell us!" she almost growled.

"Ani - nothing." They all hurriedly looked away.

"I told you, the least you could do is tell me." I looked around at every single one of them. They all looked so close to breaking.

"I can't." Daehyun whispered in my ear.

I sighed and got up. I grabbed Nana by the hand. "C'mon let's go. We'll leave these to figure what they're going to do."

"Where are you going?" Jongup asked, the worry evident in his voice.

"I don't know. But don't follow. I want some alone time with my bestfriend." I informed them, almost in a commanding tone.

Nana and I grabbed jackets, scarves, and our shoes, before walking out the door, leaving B.A.P with an important decision;

To tell me or not to tell me.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________