Shopping

The English Teacher

 

 

~Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggggggggggg~

Finally school was over! I grabbed my bag and went to wait for Zelo by the front gates, as he wasn't in the same last class as me. I sighed, Taerin wasn't in today and I really wanted to talk to her about the job. I was leaning against the school walling, when someone grabbed my wrist. They spun me around to face them.

"Oh Daehyun. What are you doi-"

He cut me off before I could finish. "Did you forget? I told you that I'd bring you shopping!" His eyes glowed with excitement. How could I say no to this ball of joy. "Quick, before someone stops us!" he grabbed my wrist, the uninjured one. I smiled at the fact that he remmebered that trivial detail.  He pulled me over to his car, and I finally got shotgun, he got in beside me.

"Gaja!" he declared cheerfully.

"Wait, aren't we waiting for Zelo?"

"Nope. He isn't coming. I promised you, not Zelo!" And with that he sped off.

 

"Daehyun, I still have to get my homework done and teach you English and bake you muffins and I have a million other things to do. Plus the other Oppas will be worried," I added.

"Mwoh? I spent half an hour driving here, and now you're telling me you want to go home! Unaccepptable! We're not going, until you've bought at least three new outfits," he threatened, smiling - again.

"Ergh! Wae?"

"Don't worry about them anyways, I've already told them I've gone shopping. They'll figure out you're with me soon enough. And besides you can say you gave me a private lesson," he told me, ignoring my question. I was about to point this out to him, when he hopped out the car and opened the door for me.

"Gaja. Let's go." He was literally jumping up and down on the spot now. I huffed and got out the car. I was a hundred per cent sure that Daehyun's cheek splitting grin could be seen from space. Except for the fact we were in a carpark underneath one of Seoul's biggest mall's.

Daehyun took my hand, entwinning our fingers and I didn't object. My breathing caught and my heart startyed pounding. I was certain that it was audible. I stole a quick peek at Daehyun. A little smile was playing on the edges of his mouth. He probably heard it and was silently laughing at it.

 

We entered the first store, our hands still joined together. He grabbed a basket and asked me my size. I told him, and he flew around the shop like Tazmania, throwing random clothes into the basket, occassionally, holding some up to me and either shaking his head, or adding it to the growing pile of clothes. Just when I thought he was done, he dragged me to the changing room and gave me the huge pile of clothes.

"Go and try them on," he ordered. I put my head back in frustration and sighed, but nevertheless marched to the changing room and tried all the outfits on, coming out every time to show him. Daehyun just made little comments like "That one is great on you," or "that one isn't that nice,". I got out the last and final one, it was a party dress. It was a pale pink one shouldered dress, with ruffles going from my left shoulder to my hip across the diagonal. It stopped just above my knee. It was gorgeous. But did he really mean to pick this up? I didn't care. I was a girl, and this dress was too gorgeous to not try one. I slipped it on, and drew back the surtain to show Daehyun.

He looked up from the magazine he was reading while waiting for me to try on the respective outfits. His mouth opened in shock, so he looked dumbfounded.

"Earth to Daehyun, are you there?" I walked up to him, and waved my hand in front of his face. He closed his mouth with an audible snap.

"You look amazing," he complemented me with complete sincerity, causing me to blush. "Go get changed and I'll take you for food," he told me softly. I my heel and got changed. I came out of the changing rooms with all the clothes in the basket. Daehyun took them from me.

"I'll be back in a minute," he winked and me and left.

I was thankful that he wasn't here to see my blush or my heart take off in excitement. I hit my chest lightly.

"You should stop doing that, or you're going to drop dead one day," I whispered to it.

"One day, what'll happen?" asked Daehyun coming around the corner with bags in his hands. I shook my head fiercely.

"Okay," he said slowly. "Gaja, we'll get some food!". He took my hand and lead me out of the shop to the food court.

 

We went to the counter and he asked me what I wanted. I shrugged, "Whatever, you're getting - actually, half of that," I laughed, remmebering him stealing Youngjae's pancakes this morning.

"Three chips, three cheese burgers and two strawberry milkshakes, please Ahjumma," Daehyun ordered. I got my purse out from my bag. "Oh no, you don't. I'm paying!"

"But, you brought me here," I protested. "The least I can do is pay for the food," I tried to reason with him, but he wasn't listening.

"Here you go. Free of charge. You two are such an adorable couple, I'd hate to see a little thing like these cause an arguement," she told us.

I was about to correct her, to tell her we weren't a couple, when Daehyun thanked her, bowing and pulled me by the crook of my arm to where he had deposited the bags. He sat down on a seat, and gestured for me to do the same.

"Why didn't you tell her we aren't going out?" I grilled him. "If you did that to get a free meal -"

"Yah! What kind of person do you think I am?!" he yelped. "I did that, because look how happy it made her, thinking we were a couple! Do you honestly think of me as a thief?" He looked at me, hurt.

"Of course, not. Mian," I apologised, reprimanded. My eys were cast down from shame. Here Daehyun tried to be nice to me today, and I just insulted him.

"It's O.K, Bambi."

"Bambi?" I asked him, looking up.

"Well it's just you're so innocent and cute. I thought it fit," he flushed red.

"Aw. Daehyun Oppa, thank you!" I leaned across the table and kissed him on the cheek. It was a whole three seconds before I realised what I had done. I flushed red, and I was going crazy at myself! Why did I kiss him on the cheek? How could I do that? Aish! I'm such a Babo! Daehyun smiled and touched his cheek lightly, in wonder.

"Oh," he said suddenly, after we finished eating. "I have something for you," he shoved all the bags, he had earlier, in my direction.

"Wow, Oppa, whats all this?" I asked him, stunned at the amount of bags, there was at least four.

"For you, my apology from yesterday."

I riffled through the bags, all the clothes Daehyun thought looked good on me was in here. "Oppa, thank you. You're the best!" I looked through the last bag. My excitement deflated a small bit though, when I saw that the cocktail dress wasn't there.

"Gaja." He took my hand again. He insisted on carrying all the bags, and because of how big the bags were, I didn't see the smaller one they were hiding.

 

"Home, sweet home," Daehyun had just parked the car underneath the dorms. The fangirls were there again, but of course they couldn't see us because of the tinted windows. I was about to get out of the car, when Daehyun stopped me.

"One last thing Joyce. Here," he gave me a gift bag. I peered inside. My breathing stopped. It was the cocktail dress. And a pair of gorgeous heels. I didn't know what to say. I opened my mouth and closed it again. I was speechless and turned to face Daehyun, and try and say something, anything. I turned to face him and was shocked when I felt his lips against mine.

 

Daehyun's POV:

Joyce turned to look at me. She seemed shocked at the present. She looked amazing in it, so I figured, why not surprise her. I had asked the sales assistant to help me find the perfect pair of shoes. I don't know what came over me. All I know is, that every time I look at her, I smile. Everytime I hold her hand, my heart beats faster. And when she kissed my cheek, I felt like I was on cloud nine. Then, I kissed her. It was on impulse. I was so happy when she didn't pull away and tell me she liked Zelo better, and only thought of me as a brother. Her lips were so soft against mine. After a while I reluctantly pulled away.

I got out of the car, and went around to Joyce's side. Chuckling when I saw her in the same position, her eyes wide.

"C'mon Bambi," I took her hand. I was so careful to only take her left. I didn't want to hurt her. I lead her up to the dorms, carrying all the bags, except for the gift bag. She didn't want to give it to me. I was basically ignoring Yongguk hyung, as per usual. It wasn't fair. If I liked Joyce, and she liked me back, then I should be allowed to date her, right?

Wait, did she like me? I gulped. I shot her a quick glance. She was smiling. That was a good sign, right? Aish! Why was I so worried? She'll like me back, right? Aish! This was frustrating. I was just about to open the door, when she grabbed my wrist. I looked down at her.

"Wae?"

"I just wanted to thank you for taking me out today, Oppa," she beamed. You have no idea how shocked I was when she leaned up and kissed me. It was only a brief peck, but it meant so much more. She snatched the bags off of me, and went into the door. I followed her. I guess you could say I was 'lovestruck'.

"Joycie? Where were you? We were so worried!"

"Oh Daehyun. Hyung he's here."

"Where were you? It's ten o'clock!"

Jeez, I loved B.A.P, but sometimes they could be so interfering.

"Daehyun Oppa took me shopping, Oppas. Fighting." Joyce made a little gesture with her fist. "I'm tired night!"

She rushed off down the hall. Oh, Bambi, I chuckled. Suddenly I was cornered by B.A.P.

"Daehyun-" Yongguk started.

Great the B.A.P inquisition.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________