Himchan Style

The English Teacher

 

 

I woke up to some-one tapping my shoulder. "Yah! Joyce! You've gotta get up! The movie's over!" hissed a voice in my ear.

"Ani," I complained and gripped my cushion tighter. I stretched out one hand, determined to find the alarm clock, however instead of my hand reaching a clock, I smacked someone on the head. "Yah, careful" they shouted.

"Mianhae Youngjae-ssi" I apologised in my groggy state. And gripped my cushion tighter still.

"Aish! That hurts! Let go!" It complained.

That's when I realised two things:

1). I was not lying down in bed, but proped up against someone's shoulder.

2). I wasn't grippong a cushion, but someone's arm.

I looked up nervously, and saw Daehyun staring back down at me. I bolted up and released his arm immediatley. "Mianhae Daehyun-ssi" I apologised. The other members laughed at me, when I turned pink, and even Daehyun cracked a smile. "Wait, what happened to the movie?" I asked, still in a sleep depreived state.

"It's over, Joyce babo." Himchan admoished. "And you know, you should call us properly. Oppa. Eh, guys? What do you think?" he asked his other members.

"I like it," said Zelo eagerly.

"Me too," said Jongup, his eyes twinkling.

Himchan looked at Youngjae, and Yongguk, who both nodded their heads, finally he looked at Daehyun, who shrugged his shoulders, in a I couldn't care less what Joyce does way. "Well, there we have it. You now have to call us Oppa." Himchan declared gleefully. "And you know what Joyce?" he asked not really looking for an answer. "I'm from Kangnam." The other members groaned in unison.

"Himchan, jinjja?", "Don't do it, hyung" and "Please, DON'T DO IT" was all I could hear.

"Aish. Shut up. Joyce you want to see it right?" he asked me. I was begining to like Himchan, he was kind and flirty, so I nodded my head eagerly. I almost smiled when they all groaned again. 

"Wae?" they all looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders, copying Daehyun from earlier. I saw the corners of Yongguk's twitch up a little. But that quickly disappeared when Himchan got up. I looked up expectantly.

 

"Oppan Kangnam style" sang Himchan, and started doing the horse dance. Unable to hold it in, I collapsed in fits of giggles. I had to wipe the tears away from my eyes. He sat down, looking throughly pleased with himself for making me laugh.

"But, Himachan-s . . ." I trailed off, "Oppa," I corrected my self and he smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "But Oppa, isn't it supposed to be Gangnam style?" I asked.

"So? I like my version better." he pouted.

 

                                                                                                                              *             *              *

 

Ten minutes later, and I was walking down the stairs and out the exit of the hotel, into the crisp December evening. The one thing I hated about Christmas, ever since I was girl was how dark it got so quickly. I began the walk home. I had refused the ride home from Ahjussi, hehad plenty of work to do, and it wasn't that far, it should only take me ten minutes. I started walking down the road. Aish, I wish these streetlamps would come on. I thought.

I could hear someone walking behind me. Relax, Joy I told myself It makes perfect sense that other people are walking down the street. Suddenly, I felt a heavy breath on the back of my neck, and someone grab my two wrists, and pull me towards them. I looked around, and saw a large man, probably in his late forties. His breath smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. 

"Whats going on? What do you you want?" I squealed terrified.

"You," he replied, breathing alcohol fumes down at me and grinning an insane smile at me, worthy of Charles Manson.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________