Breakfast

The English Teacher

 

 

I woke up early, with the plan to make B.A.P breakfast. I looked at my phone. Six am. I was determined to prove that I wouldn't be a hinderance to them. I stretched and got up. I tied my hair in a messy bun, and put on a pair of baggy sweats and an oversized t-shirt. I rubbed my eyes and went into the kitchen turning on the light. I inwardly groaned. The kitchen was a state. Dishes were piled up in the sink. The floor was streaked with grime, and don't even get me started on the counters.

Didn't these boys know how to clean up after themselves? I grumbled.

I set about the kitchen, trying to make as minimal noise as possible. I didn't want them to wake up. This was so supposed to be a surprise. After fifteen minutes of hard work, I managed to sort the kitchen out into an organised work station.

I got the ingredients out from the cupboards, and started making pancakes. At half past, the table was set and I was flipping the last of the pancakes, when B.A.P came in the kitchen, shuffling their feet.

"Pancakes?" said Himchan groggily.

I had to stiffle a giggle. The boys all had ruffled hair, sticking up everywhere. Like me, they were in their sweats, and t-shirts, except for Jongup. He seemed to realise just then, because he scurried back to his room and came back a minute later, covered up. It wasn't like he was bad to look at, but a small part of me wished that it was another member who forgot their t-shirt. Daehyun was glaring at me.

"Mwoh?" I asked.

"if you're done staring at Jongup's stomach, we'd like our breakfast," he snapped.

I stuck my tongue at him, blushing. "Yah! I wasn't!" I denied furiously.

They all took a plate full of pancakes. And sat down at the table. Zelo and Jongup seemed to be bottomless pits, because they ate so fast, they ate triple what I had - each, and still they wanted more. I heaped my unwanted pancakes onto their plates.

"You sure?"

I nodded at them, and they seemed to be inhaling the pancakes they ate so fast. Yongguk and Himchan were the first finished and were watching the t.v. Daehyun and Youngjae were still eating, with Daehyun trying to still some food from the latter. Suddenly I heard my favourite idols voice come out of the t.v.

"T.O.P!" I screeched, running to the sitting room and sitting down right in front of the telly.

"Wow, Joyce fangirling. How come she doesn't do that for us?" I turned around and threw a pillow at Himchan.

"Shut up! I wanna listen to T.O.P!" I ordered. I paid rapt attention to T.O.P, my eyes glued to his face. He was talking about an upcoming concert that BigBang were having and how they were still searching for an act to accompany them, for the Seoul concert. After that, they performed "Haru Haru," with me squealing like a little girl at T.O.P's part. 

"Yah, someone shut that puppy up!" pleaded Youngjae.

"Yah! It's not my fault! Blame T.O.P and his amazing voice!" I exclaimed.

"Someone's a fan of T.O.P," chuckled Jongup from the couch.

"Way for stating the obvious, hyung,"

"YAH! SHUT THE HELL UP SO I CAN LISTEN TO T.O.P!" I exploded. They shut up after that.

 

"Yah, Joycie, are you going to school like that?" asked Himchan when the program was over. I guess he was too scared to talk during the program.

"Mwoh?" I checked my phone. Aish! I had half an hour to get ready.

 

"Okay, I'm ready, Zelo lets go." I skidded out of my room, and grabbed Zelo by the hand and raced out the door. "Goodbye Oppas! See you after school!" I called over my shoulder.

"Joy, your pulling my shoulder out of it's socket," whined Zelo. I let go.

"Mian, Zelo," I apologised, "I just don't want to be late."

We were in the elevator, going down.

"You babo, we could have gotten Daehyun hyung to drive us."

"Oh." That was all I could say. I looked down at my phone. We had ten minutes to get to school. It took twenty minutes to walk. "Lets get Daehyun to drive us," I agreed. Pressing the button to get us back onto the dorms floor.

 

Two minutes later, I was sat in the back of Daehyuns car. Zelo had claimed shotgun before I could even open my mouth. Cackling, he got in the front seat.

"Zelo, you sound like an evil witch," I shushed him. He turned and pouted at me, causing me to laugh at his idiotic expression.

"Aren't you grateful to your Oppa for taking you to school?" Daehyun asked me, "I think I deserve some muffins later."

"Me too! Me too! I suggested it!" Zelo almost burst of exitement.

"If my car was fixed, I could have taken us," I retorted.

"Well, it's not, so I expect muffins tonight!" Daehyun quipped back, just as fast as me.

"Erghh . . ." I wailed. Throwing my head back against the head rest and making a face at the two boys in front. We came out of the parking lot and I was shocked to see fans at the dorms. "Jinjja? Do they not need to go to school?" I whispered, as I saw girls that looked roughly the same age as me, maybe younger. They were holding signs that said things like: 'I love you Himchan Oppa', 'Marry me Yongguk' and 'B.A.P fighting!'. Was it always like this? And they hadn't even released their second single, I shook my head. What would happen once they release then?

"Yah! Joyce Lee, stop talking to yourself, we're here."

I blushed red and hopped out of the car, and rushed into the school with Zelo. We burst into the classroom together, and everyones eyes darted to us. We sat down at our desk, but I could hear everyone gossiping about us.

"Are those those two dating?"

"Who is she to steal our kingka?"

"Why is Zelo Oppa coming in with her?"

"Do you think he likes her?"

I could imagine the rumours already.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________