Confession after Confession

The English Teacher

 

 

Nana and I were marching down the street with our arms linked. We wanted to go to the new little café down the road, and maybe get go shopping, and get B.A.P a present, to show our gratitude for taking both of us in. That was the plan, but unfortunately, someone decided to ruin it. Someone grabbed Nana, and our arms fell apart. They shoved her roughly, and then I felt someone claw my hair. They grabbed me by the hair and pulled me towards Nana and an alleyway.

Daehyunnie, help me. I thought to myself. We were shoved roughly against the wall, and I grabbed Nana's hand. I instantly knew it was the girl's who had attacked me. The five girls were huddled around us.

"What the hell do you want?" Nana spat. She obivously didn't know who they were. I squeezed her hand lightly, telling her to shut up. The ring leader came right up to us. She was only a few inches away. She pulled out the knife she had before, and I squeezed my eyes shut. What if it still had my blood on it.

"Open your eyes." She told me, and pulled down her mask. I gasped. Taerin? So I was right. She smirked a little, and pulled it back up. I heard footsteps near the mouth of the alley and was about to shout when Taerin covered my mouth. I bit down on it, hard. She took it away and shook it. She glared at me.

"You're going to regret that!" she told me, raising a fist threateningly. I turned my hand towards Nana and shut my eyes.

"Yah! Don't you dare touch her!" Nana told her, but one of them clamped a hand over . I could hear the fist swinging towards me, and waited for the impact that never came. After a while, I shyly opened my eyes and turned my head. Taerin's fist was still raised, but someone had grabbed her arm. They had their back to me, but I knew who it was.

"Daehyunnie?" He didn't turn around, but shouted towrds the alley.

"Guys! I've found them!"

Two seconds later, the rest of B.A.P came sprinting around the corner. Taerin was looking at Daehyun, or maybe glaring was a better word. Suddenly, her face changed so that she looked like she was besotted with him.

"Oppa, Let me go." She whined in a the sweetest voice she could manage. I frowned. Why was she like this? Daehyun dropped her hand in disgust.

"Wae?"

"What, oppa?" She fluttered her eyelashes at him. I could feel the anger rising up in me. How dare she attack me and then try and steal Daehyun?

"Leave Joyce alone. She did nothing to you. Leave her be." Daehyun's voice was hard. I looked over at Nana, we were still holding hands, and she came to stand behind me. The other girls were standing behind Taerin. They looked like lost little sheep.

"She's trying to steal you away from me." Taerin snapped back, the fake, innocent girl disappearing.

"I was never yours for her to steal." Daehyun spat, he took my free hand, and started towing pulling me towards B.A.P, while I towed Nana.

"Oppa, we never broke up. Therefore, your still mine." She told him. My eyes widened. They never broke up? Does that mean they were together at some point?

"Hah! Don't make me laugh. Didn't you get the message? We broke up ages ago." Daehyun's voice was caustic. I frowned. They really did go out?

"Ani. I won't accept that!" She shook her head furiously.

"Too bad, that's your to accept." Daehyun turned and tugged me towards B.A.P.

 

That's when it all happened.

 

Taerin still had the knife, and she grabbed Nana by the wrist, and spun her towards her. She held the knife up threateningly.

"Either your mine, or she will never be anyone's." Taerin gave Daehyun the ultimatium. Before anyone could do anything, me and Daehyun were knocked back as someone from our side charged forwards. Zelo wraped his hand around the blade, so that Taerin couldn't cut Nana. She hissed in anger, and pulled the knife back, causing a small cut to form. He picked up Nana like a groom hold his bride, and walked back towards B.A.P. Taerin was seething in anger, and her followers weren't doing anything either. I noticed them watching B.A.P with wide eyes. Of course, they were fans, and they were starstruck. Idiots.

They all started walking back towards the dorm. I looked over my shoulder, Taerin had a face on her like thunder.

"Don't come near Joyce again, or I swear to God, I'll make your life a living hell. I'm sure that the other fans wouldn't be too pleased to hear that you tried to hurt B.A.P." Daehyun warned. We walked back to the apartment quickly. Daehyun was still holding my hand. I said nothing. In truth, I didn't know what to say to him.

We finally reached home. Daehyun was holding on tightly to my hand, and all the circulation in my hand was now gone. Everyone was sitting down on the couch, and I rushed over to sit beside Nana and give her a hug.

"Nana-ah. Gwenchana?" I asked her.

"Neh, Joyce." She replied. "Are you?"

"Neh. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault you got hurt." I hugged her again.

"Ani, it's not your fault." Nana comforted me, and I gave her a weak smile.

"It's mine actually." Daehyun said, and I turned around shocked. "I have a few confessions to make. But, promise me you won't think any differently about me."

"Daehyun, what are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Just promise me." He insisted.

"Alright, alright. I promise you I won't think any different of you." I conceded.

"Okay then," Daehyun said, and told me his story. About his Omma, Appa and Taerin. He didn't hold anything back. I kept silent, like what he did to me. When he was finished, he looked at me sheepishly. Tear were forming in the corners of my eyes. He waved his hand in front of my face.

"Bambi, why do you always blank out when ever I tell you something serious?" Daehyun asked me.

"Hyung, what else did you tell her?" Zelo asked him, and I heard a thump and a cry of pain, I presume Jongup hit Zelo. Aish, these boys always hit each other.

"Daehyun, why didn't you tell me before?" That was the only question on my mind.

"I didn't think that you would like me anymore. Don't you think I'm a horrible person?" Daehyun asked me incredously. "Taerin did."

I slapped him. "Yah! Don't compare me and her. You're not a horrible person, Daehyun. You're the complete opposite." I told him softly. I gave him a quick hug. "And of course I still like you." I told him. Daehyun pulled me down so I was sitting on his lap. He was sitting cross legged on the floor.

"Jinjja?" he beamed. He kissed my forehead softly, and I blushed.

"So, are you really together then?" Jongup asked.

"Neh. We are." Daehyun said firmly.

"Yah, it's not a business deal. Stop being so formal about it." I scolded. He smiled shyly and kissed my forehead again.

"So, Daehyun, do you think Taerin will bother us again?" Nana asked.

"Ani, I -" he grinned deviously, "- will call her Omma."

"Yah, how can you still have her Omma's number?" I pouted. "Why do you have her Omma's number."

"Aish," Daehyun ruffled my hair. "Jealous are we?"

"Yes." I told him honestly and everyone laughed.

"Don't be jagiya. I'm going to get it out of the phone book."

"Oh." Suddenly I felt very embarassed. Daehyun shifted underneath me, and I got up, and pulled his hand so he was upright too. He gave me a wink and I wished him luck as he went into the kitchen to make a phone call.

He came back out ten minutes later, and we were all waiting anxiously to see how it went. Daehyun came back into the front room, and we all stood up.

"How did it go?" Yongguk asked. Daehyun pulled down a mask that he didn't have on earlier, and shook his head slowly.

"I'm sorry, but she didn't make it." He told us gravely.

"Yah! Pabo. Don't be like that, and tell us what happened." Yongguk reprimanded Daehyun.

"Wow, hyung. Calm down. Her Omma told me that she would make sure that Taerin goes back to Busan. She'll make sure she doesn't bother us again." Daehyun said, and then looked at me and Nana. "I'm really sorry about her. I didn't know she was like that when I met her. I saw a sweet and innocent girl. I didn't know what she would really turn out to be. Can you forgive me?"

"Daehyun. It wasn't your fault, and we don't blame you. Not everyone turns out what we think they will. Just look at Joyce for example. She didn't know that Dongyul would turn out to be an ." Nana told him matter of factly.

"Dongyul?" Himchan asked. "Who's he?"

"They guy that she-" I rushed over to her and clamped my hand over .

"He, erm, was the one who bullied me in England." I told them.

"Then why have you your hand over Nana-ah's mouth?" Zelo asked pointedly.

"No reason, other than I wanted to tell you myself." I lied. I bent over to Nana's ear, and lowered my voice so that B.A.P wouldn't have a hope of hearing me, and spoke in English to ensure that they wouldn't be able to understand.

"They have no idea about him, so I swear to God if you tell them, I will disown you, and you will be forced to live on the streets with all the mice. Understand?

She nodded and gulped. I straightened up.

"I'm going to bed. Night." I told them, and skipped off to my bed, dragging a disgruntled Nana behind me.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________