Ahjussi

The English Teacher

"A-ahjussi?" I managed to choke out. If it weren't for Yongguk's quick thinking, no one would have said anything for a good twenty minutes.

"Joyce was supposed to come today to help us with our English since we have that show soon. The 'home' thing is just a joke between us, hyung." Yongguk told him in an even voice. Ahjussi seemed to buy it, because he nodded once, and turned back around to B.A.P.

"So, it's sorted, right? I'll be back around tomorrow to talk to you about it." Ahjussi told them.He got up, and dusted imaginary dirt off of his suit. As he passed me, he spoke to me in a low voice.

"Joy, can I speak to you outside for a second?"

I gulped, but nevertheless followed him out. I looked over my shoulder, and I saw Nana giving me an encouraging thumbs up.I gave her a meek smile as I walked into the hall, and Ahjussi shut the door, so that none of them could hear us.

"Joy, I'm disappointed in you." He began, ,and gave me a stern look. I couldn't bring myself to look in his eyes, because his voice was saturated with diapproval. "I've always been so good to you, and this is how you repay me back? By going against me, and living with my rookie group?"

I gasped. How did he know all this? It seems he could add mind reading onto his list of supernatural powers, alongside being psychic.

"I seen both your and Laura's stuff in there. Joy, I shouldn't need to tell you how dangerous this is for B.A.P. If the paparazzi found out about this, their career could be ruined before it has even fully begun. The scandal would be massive - and B.A.P most likely wouldn't recover it. You've seen all of the fangirls out there, what do you think would happen if one of them took photo's of you going in and ou of this building, and sent them to the press? The 'tutor' excuse would only take get you out of so much."

He didn't raise his voice once, but if anything, that made me feel worse. I would have preferred it if he had shouted at me. At least then, guilt wouldn't be tearing through me, like it is right now.

 

 

"Ahjussi - " I said in a low voice. "- I'm so sorry. I didn't think."

He sighed, and ran his hands through his hair.

"Look, Joy, the only way to fix this, is for you to move out of their dorm, and cease all contact with them. That means no talking with them, no texting, nothing. I will try and find you an ordinary job in a café or something. Move out tonight. I'll have a car waiting for you at . . ." He checked his watch. " . . . midnight, okay? I'll orgainse a hotel, or something. And, bring Laura."

He started walking off, but stopped after a few steps, and turned around to face me again.

"Oh, and Joy, you're brother wants to visit you soon. I think it's best that none of your family know about this . . . unfortunate turn of events, or else they'll drag you back to England before you can count to three."

I stood there frozen for two minutes, until I snapped out of my daze. I opened the door and walked in, only to find the seven waiting on the couch with expectant expressions.

"Well? What happened, Joy?" Zelo asked when I said nothing.

"Oh, Ahjussi?" I pointed at the door, and they all nodded. "Oh, he just wanted to tell me about my brother. I'm tired, I'm going to turn in." I faked a yawn and walked into my shared room. I couldn't bring myself to tell them about it.

Seconds later, Nana came in, and shut the door behind her.

"Well, what really happened, Joy? I know you well enough to see that you weren't telling the truth." She sat down on the bed beside me. I looked over at her, and confessed everything to her. She lisetedn patiently, and held my hand.

"So, we need to pack up?" She asked, and I nodded. "You're not going to tell them?" She asked, and I nodded again.

 

We spent the entire time packing up, and thankfully none of B.A.P came to check on us. But, in a way I was sad. I wanted one of them to come in and stop us from leaving. Their snores filled the apartment, and Nana and I brought all our luggage down into the carpark. Sure enough, a car was waiting for us. The driver helped us load the things, and we went upstairs again to fetch the two bags we hadn't been able to bring down on the first trip.

I peeked in on their rooms, and they were all sound asleep.

"Goodbye, I'll miss you." I whispered quietly. I walked out into the kitchen, and Nana handed me a pen and piece of paper. I gave her a quizzical look.

"Don't you want to write a goodbye?" She asked, and I understood. Wordlessly, I took the pen and paper off of her.

 

Dear Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo,

I'm sorry that I had to leave like this, but it's the only way. I can't bring myself to say goodbye to you in person, pathetic, aren't I? I don't want to damage your reputation, and this is the only way.

Ahjussi told me that I can't talk to you anymore, so please don't try. Zelo, please don't talk to me in school, and make things harder than they already are.

Thank you for all you have done for me. I hope to see B.A.P's great success in the future! I'll be quietly watching from the sidelines! Good luck! Fighting!

Love,

Joyce x

 

Tears were rolling down the side of my face as I folded the paper over and put it on the table, next to Nana's. We slung a bag each over our shoulders, and I followed her out of the building and into the car. We traveled for approxiamately twenty minutes until we got to an apartment. It was no where near as fancy as B.A.P's dorm, but it was a lot nicer than my old rooftop apartment. I sighed, as we brought all of our stuff up to our new home. We unpacked and I laid on my new bed.

Fate was so cruel. I couldn't believe that just that morning, I was going to a recording studio with them, and having the time of my life. Can you not have all the good without an equal amount of bad in life to balance it out?

I sighed as I tossed on he bed. It wasn't as nice as my old bed. Tears rolled down the side of my cheeks, as I remembered all the good times I had with them. And now, it had all changed.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________