Final Decision

Hello Hello, Fantastic Baby

"I-I..."

 

Jonghun's voice was losing all its strength.

 

"I don't know.", he answered then very quietly.

 

The disappointment on your face broke his heart.

 

"Can someone hand me my phone? I want to call him.", you demanded, your voice sounding more than hoarse.

 

Your father nodded at you before he shortly faced Jonghun and then avoided direct eye contact to the boy. Jonghun felt even more pathetic then. Even your father knew that Jonghun lied to you.

 

Once you had your phone back, you were typing in GD's number like a maniac.

 

Jonghun watched you with strained nerves, his throat feeling completely dried out while your face turned more and more impatient.

 

"...His number...", you mumbled rather shocked. "It doesn't work. It's disconnected."

 

Jonghun's heart suddenly felt extremely eased. GD kept his promise. He cut every possibility to get in contact with him again. So the last information which was left was that he would leave Korea tomorrow in the morning and then everything was over – then Jonghun would be able to be with you.

 

"Maybe something is wrong with his phone service, you know? Or he has to hide. After that gundal organization got arrested the other ones have to be extra careful. That includes GD as well. I guess he has to go underwater.", he tried to make up a logical excuse.

 

You nodded silently. And even though Jonghun had all he wanted, the way you looked at your display made him feel just worse and worse.

 

 

After you had woken up, Nana had to go back home. Her father had called her, so she couldn't refuse. At least she was able to leave with an eased mind because Jonghun still stayed with you.

 

The whole time you were checking your phone, waiting for JiYong to call you.

But there was nothing...

 

Jonghun was observing you while the TV program was still filled with yesterday's news about the rescue, still calling him a 'hero'. So if he was a hero why didn't he feel like one? A right...because he was a pathetic liar.

 

"I don't get it. I try to contact him the whole time but it doesn't work...and he's not calling me, either.", you mumbled worriedly.

 

"I told you already...maybe he just can't reply because he's hiding."

 

There was no help. Somehow you didn't want to give up and the strong belief of yours that GD would call you back was driving Jonghun crazy.

 

It was about 4 AM when you were still wide awake but didn't do anything else than looking at your display, waiting for your boyfriend's reply. It made no sense to Jonghun to see all the girls around GD losing slowly their sanity. First CL and now you. He seemed to be some kind of very toxical drug.

 

Jonghun finally dared to ask you what was bothering him about your deep loyalty.

 

"Aren't you angry at JiYong?" It was the first time ever Jonghun had called G-Dragon by his real name in front of you.

 

"No. There's no point in being angry.", you answered and even a smile was following your words.

 

"Are you serious? I mean...because of him your father nearly died. You nearly died. And he wasn't there. He didn't even believe in a single word you said about CL."

 

"I know. But it wasn't his fault. He is not responsible for CL's crazy behaviour. She's his best friend. It's just natural that he believed in her. I mean...would you believe Nana-unnie if she told you I burned down her flat? ", you explained to him.

 

Jonghun shook his head.

 

"You see. I don't know why people should be mad at him because he wasn't there to help me or why people claim that this was all his fault. He just believed in his best friend. And he didn't know what was going on. I wasn't even allowed to tell him. And even if I told him. That would have bothered him even more. There's nothing more hurting you than that your best friend is harming your lover and his or her family. Don't you agree with that?"

 

Jonghun was still silenced. The bad conscience was slowly swallowing him up. Making him more and more bad feeling about his agreement with G-Dragon.

 

"And to me it would have been the worst ever to decide between the two persons I love the most. I would have picked my father of course...because he was always there for me. Because he loved me no matter what. Because he's my loving father who tried his best to provide me a comfortable life. Because he's family. But it would have hurt me beyond words if I had had to break up with GD. He's...my soulmate. Somehow...I have that feeling as if we were ment to be."

 

„So...there's no way you could be happy with someone else?“, Jonghun asked sheepishly.

 

„Not as happy as with him, I guess.“, you answered and looked at the ceiling as if you were expecting an answer from above.

 

This was giving Jonghun the rest, it was the missing drop to make him tell you everything. There was no way that he would ever win this competition. In this world of yours there was no space for Jonghun. There was no space for anyone because the only persons you really needed in your life were the two persons you loved the most. Your father and JiYong. Realizing this was painful but Jonghun had no choice but telling you what actually happened.

 

"Get up, ____-ah! I know where JiYong is and if we don't stop him, you will never see him again! "

 

 

JiYong was already at the airport. He had checked in and went to the gates to wait for his airplane to open the gates and finally let him escape from this miserable life in which he was causing others nothing but pain.

 

He couldn't help but think about you the whole time and his heart felt even more heavy the closer he got to the gates.

 

Indeed JiYong was sorry. But he still kept reminding himself that this would be best for everyone. He would be able to make you happy. He would be able to make Jonghun happy. The only person who would never be happy again was him. Because to be honest you've been the first girl he'd ever fallen in love with. The first girl he had adored because of her character. Because of her flaws. Because of her understanding of him.

You two had shared something special with each other but the most beautiful relationships were often the most complicated ones. It was as if you could never be happy to that extent without paying back for it.

 

Sadly enough, JiYong wasn't able to pay the price even though he madly wanted to. So he even compared himself to a beggar who wanted to buy a piece of cake.

 

Feeling like this, he stopped and looked out of the big glass walls showing that the airplanes, landing outside ,were accompanied by heavy rain.

 

"Heaven's crying with my heart, it seems.", JiYong said and chuckled bitterly.

 

-Kwon JiYong,

you forgot something here! Pick it up, I won't keep the promise, you forced on me!-

 

Jonghun's voice was suddenly booming through the whole airport main hall. The speakers were echoing and making everyone look up in confusion ...and JiYong was even more than confused. He was frozen and left in pure shock. His heart was captured in a hurly-burly of feelings. Relief and hope were fighting against anger and despair, as much as sadness and regret.

 

And somehow JiYong's feet started walking by themselves. He was running through the airport like he was running for his life, even breaking through the security stops where people were trying to tell him to go back, but the gundal son didn't listen, he just passed them by, not even thinking about stopping and going back.

 

When he entered the main hall, he tried to find you but it was too crowded, it made it very difficult.

 

JiYong got more and more scared that he wouldn't be able to find you, that he would lose his chance to talk to you again...and there it was suddenly again. The reason he even ran away. He was reminded of it when he found you standing next to Jonghun in the hall. Jonghun had grabbed your shoulders, telling you something very agitatedly.

 

He was the one who was destined to be with you. Jonghun was the only one who was able to give you everything you needed to live happily. JiYong just had to let go to give you this happiness. And therefore he turned around again to go back...but Jonghun's voice stopped him.

 

"... it's the least I can do after I let JiYong take his leave that easily! I'm sorry I didn't stop him earlier. I just thought...that maybe...that maybe we could be happy together once he's gone. But I was wrong. Because if the match made by heaven is separated...I guess there is no happy end anymore. ____-ah...you and JiYong are ment to be together!"

 

JiYong turned around to examine Jonghun who looked so serious when he said these words.

 

"Oh gee...I sound like Nana now...", Jonghun said, sighed and rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment.

 

You were standing in front of him, looking at him with widened eyes.

 

And before he could even think about Jonghun's words twice, JiYong had started moving.

 

"Nice to know."

 

JiYong's voice was giving you the chills. It ran up and down your veins, making all your nerves dance in excitement. The happiness filling your body like an empty cup, was overwhelming you.

 

"JiYong!", you exclaimed.

 

You ran towards him to hug him but he blocked your attempt to do so by taking a careful step back.

 

"Don't!", he told you harshly. "I didn't give up on you for no reason! This guy was told to make you happy but instead he tries to digg all our graves!"

 

"No!", you contradicted and placed your hands on your hips. "Kwon JiYong! How dare you leaving me behind like this after you had let me go through all these things in the past months! After I even almost got killed!"

 

"But don't you see it? I'm bringing all this misery to your life! "

 

"The you do!", you shouted angrily. "My life was a mess before. No, it hadn't been a mess. It was a joke. A terrible joke. But you... You, Jonghun, Nana and the others...you let me live a real life. A life I always wanted to live. So where's the point in letting the main reason of my happiness go? There is none. So JiYong... Don't leave!"

 

"But I will never be able to make you happy here. I'm the son of a gundal. I attract bad influence and misery. I will never be able to provide you a peaceful life. I have to leave and start a new. Start so I can let everyone have a happy end!", GD was desperately trying to convince you. But you didn't give in.

 

"Then if you have to leave...take me with you.", you told him and put a foot on it.

 

"But what about your father?"

 

"Oh yeah, he can't work abroad...", you answered ironically. "Of course he can! He's extremely unhappy in Seoul. And he had been in Busan, too. He will be the last person to say 'No' to a change like this."

 

You faced JiYong very serious and saw how he was gulping. But yet there was a spark of hope captured in his eyes.

 

"Are you serious about that? "

 

"Dead serious."

 

JiYong suddenly started chuckling.

 

"That's my girl."

 

 

The thing was settled very quickly. As you had said, your father agreed to the plan. After he got kidnapped he was even more than happy to leave Seoul.

Nana, Eunhyuk, F.T.Island and Big Bang had accompanied you to the airport.

 

"You look damn different, bro.", Daesung commented on JiYong's new haircut. It was short and died in a dark brown.

 

"I have to be less outstanding. This cut is ultimate. I don't want to be found again by my father or the organization once I'm gone.", he explained.

 

"We'll see each other again, you promised that. I don't care about your family problems!", TOP warned his best friend. He had his difficulties in letting JiYong go.

When he came closer to JiYong he made sure if his friend was ready to leave Korea behind.

 

"Did you prepare everything right? Won't the gundal a be able to find you again for sure? ", he whispered towards the smaller guy.

 

"Yeah. Thanks to Choi Jonghun, I was able to transfer some money from my bank accounts to an anonymous one before I closed them all. And even that one I'll close down once we arrive in America.", JiYong explained to TOP, so only he could hear it. While he was saying that, he looked at Jonghun. The two boys were finally able to accept each other and get along peacefully. Even though they hated each other the most, there was a thing they had in common. Both of them loved you very much.

 

"I'll be in the US, too, I promise!", Nana said while crying. She hugged you tightly and sniffed multiple times. "I'll study in Boston, too, and then we're together again, ____-ah!"

 

"And what about me?", Eunhyuk asked in shock.

 

"Aish! You're coming with me of course! I'll take over the expenses, don't worry. My future husband has to study at an elite university anyway!"

 

You all laughed about her words though she ment it serious.

 

"Then...This is goodbye?"

 

Jonghun was approaching you slowly.

 

"Don't look that sad! I promised we'll stay in contact!", you told Jonghun and hugged him with a smile.

 

"You're a liar.", Jonghun said with a sad smile on his face. He was very sure that once you've been gone, you would never turn back again, never look back at him, never meet him again.

 

"Don't you know me that well? You and Nana, you're my best friends. I need you two as much as I need JiYong and my father. So don't talk nonsense. We'll meet again one day, I promise!"

 

And before you could let go of Jonghun completely, you took something out of your handbag to give it to him.

 

„What's that?“, he asked you in wonder.

 

Seunghyun, who was standing in between the other F.T.Island members, was the first to recognize it.

 

„That's the Valentine's day box!“, he shouted before Hongki silenced the young lad.

 

Jonghun's eyes widened.

 

„You're giving me the chocolates? But why?“, he asked.

 

„If there hadn't been Big Bang and JiYong, I think we could have been together. But without you...I doubt that there would have ever been what there is now. Without you JiYong and me would have never become lovers. I want to say thank you by dedicating these chocolates to you. They are for the friend I love very much.“

 

Tears were starting to roll down Jonghun's cheeks. How could it be that his happy end had been so close...how could it be that his existance itself was the reason that he lost you to Kwon JiYong? The box of chocolates were ment to be a gift of love but to him they were a proof of his sad fate.

 

„Thank you.“, Jonghun said and forced a smile on his face, acting as if his tears were tears of happiness.

 

You chuckled before you let go of your friend and bid farewell to everyone else, too.

 

It was the hardest thing ever for Jonghun to watch you and JiYong walking hand in hand into your new life.

It was painful and sad but nonetheless he wished you all the best.

 

When you, JiYong and your father had disappeared to the gate, your friends slowly made their way back home.

 

"Hyung! You're not coming with us?", Seunghyun asked the F.T.Island leader.

 

"No...you can leave without me. I need some time for myself.", he answered with a little, sad smile.

 

Seunghyun wanted to comment about it but Nana grabbed the boy's arm and dragged him away, throwing a last pitiful glance at Jonghun.

 

Yes, everyone pitied him. Everyone knew about his unrequited love for you. And everyone was able to witness how he lost you all and for once today. He had been a pathetic fool all the time, holding on to you even though it was crystal clear that he had lost this fight right in the beginning. If he had just given up earlier...might it had been that JiYong would have lost his interest and you would have come to Jonghun on your own?

 

Jonghun slowly walked through the airport, placing his hands in his trouser pockets. The box of chocolates, he was carrying around with him was heavier than expected. Maybe it felt as heavy as his broken heart right now.

 

"God...If this was the right decision...could you send me a sign and let me know that I did the right thing?", he begged and shook his head about his own stupid behaviour.

 

But the very next moment he felt some really bad pain when something crashed into him.

 

"God damnit! I'm sorry!"

 

The perfect English was irritating Jonghun almost as much as the pain.

 

"I'm so sorry, I lost control over my stupid luggage cart!", the English speaking voice changed to fluent korean.

 

Jonghun turned around to face the culprit who attacked him accidently. It was a girl with short black hair. She wore a Seoul National University jumper and looked worriedly at him before she suddenly started to laugh.

 

Jonghun was even more confused once she started laughing.

 

"I'm so sorry but your face....hahaha....you should really see that expression!", she bursted out and tried to get a hold of herself again.

 

When she stopped laughing, she slowly walked towards Jonghun and dishevelled his hair.

 

"Yah!", he complained.

 

"Don't sulk about it! Let your noona buy you a hot drink as an apology, okay?", she suggested which made Jonghun frown even more about her strange personality. Where did she even know from that he was younger than her? Was he looking that young?

 

She was smiling brightly at him and somehow he wasn't able to refuse her offer. Maybe it was just her honest and hope sparking smile which made him feel a bit less hurt.

 

"Okay...why not.", he accepted.

 

"Well then. I'm Ham Eunjung, nice to meet you!", she introduced herself and tried to ride the luggage cart again. Jonghun sighed about her weak attempts and took over the cart for her.

 

"I'm Choi Jonghun. You're from SNU, don't you? Why are you at the airport then?", he asked.

 

"I visited my mom in Murica!", she answered with her American accent in obvious pride.

 

"M-murica?"

 

"...America.", Eunjung explained in korean again and her smile lost its pride immediately and was replaced by a bit of shame over her own overly enthusiastic way of talking American English.

 

Jonghun replied with a laugh.

 

And together they went into a coffee shop where Jonghun was able to forget about his broken heart's pain for a short while.

 


It's finally done! This story has found its end now!

To be honest I did not plan to bring in a girl for Jonghun originally but after some of you requested to bring in someone for him, I decided I couldn't harm him that much pain without giving him something good in the end. I mean...he didn't do anything wrong. From the very beginning he was there for the female lead and what did he get in the end?

In real life he would have ended all alone, very pitiful, very sad. And that was the ending I had planned for him, but I felt so bad about it...so just let him maybe find his love in Eunjung.

I'm still not sure if I will write a sequel to this story or not...but if I do, I will let you all know for sure, I promise.

So until then (maybe)~!

Thanks to all of you for reading this story, for all the comments and subscriptions and for all the support I got from you guys!

I hope you enjoyed this story~!