New Girl

Hello Hello, Fantastic Baby

„I really don't need it...“, you assured to your father when you two were standing in the new flat, that was nearly bare.

There was nothing inside except for some packing cases you brought from your old flat.

 

You two were alone since your mother had left you and now you had moved to Seoul to start a new life. Not only because your mother left the family – she did so many years ago...

You did it because you were humiliated at school. Others had started picking on you all the time until you couldn't bear it anymore. Or your father. He more or less decided it on his own to move away from Busan.

What else should you have done but accept it? You had hated your old school and the people there for menacing you.

 

Yeah...you were an outsider without a lot of friends. You'd never been an hipster who had 'swag' or something into that direction. You had always been the smart girl, the wallflower that was not too pretty. It had all started two years ago when the other students began to bully you. You couldn't even tell why...maybe it was because you were the typical victim without any self-confidence.

 

„Of course you do...! I don't want you to live in that little chamber! You'll get the big room!“, your father decided again on his own.

 

You sighed and nodded. Like always you weren't able to carry your point.

 

Your father was a good man. He always wanted to make you happy. He was just like any other man, working in a computer company, not earning too much money but still wanting the best for his family that existed only of you and him.

Because of the bullying he had decided that you would enter a private school in Seoul. Like every other thing that he suggested it was expensive and of course you rejected this idea but he won over you as ever.

You knew you had not enough money for that all...but still...you couldn't say no...or more couldn't carry on your no.

 

With a short sigh you moved to the bigger room that was still not too big, but bigger than the other one.

 

„The furniture packers will be here in about one minute...you'll stay here, I'll go and get your new school uniform, alright? Just wait here.“, your father told you and smiled proudly before he left.

 

You had smiled back and bowed, but when he was gone, you sat down in the middle of the appartement, surrounded by masses of packets.

 

„What am I going to do now...? New school....aish...“