UP FOR A CHALLENGE

Nocturnal Thorns

 

[REIN’S POV]

While I was going to the gazebo to find something that would pester Kei just after he wakes up I saw something hanging on the gate. Ehh? Seriously? There’s a mailbox, so why not put it there? Is the mailman out of his mind? Didn’t learnt the difference of putting it inside and hanging it there.

Anyway, I grabbed it as soon as I looked at it. Well, for a letter, its kinda…..rare? To see something embedded on it. I opened it and saw something.

HEY GUESS WHAT? ITS US... YOUR GIRLFRIENDS..I GUESS?

 

Well, as soon as I saw this hell-ish writing I knew its from that damn HanaKai house. Now what’s their problem? I opened the letter and saw

Yo! Girl---friends? Well, long time no see! Well, we thought of a beautiful game, so wanna join? or you'll join. See. I have two chouces for you girls.

FIRST IS... You'll join us in this said game and compete with us. No bias. Promise.

SECOND IS....You'll PLAY with us, cause if you wont. Your boyfriends would be send to their early death, or worse.... that house of yours would be buried along yours too.

 

SO WE'RE WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE... IMMEDIATELY.

I looked at it carefully and hissed. “As if we have any choices? Maa, what a good choice they have offered.” I almost crumpled the paper but then I remember that I should let them see this first.

[NO ONE’S POV]

Rein walked at the door and bumped on it, “Itte”Thanks to Yuki’s clumsiness that morning, her head was hit.

“Ehh? Rein chan? Early huh. Wazzup for today?” Yuki said as she looked at Rein rubbing her forehead then handled out the letter.

“Oh, Nani?” Yuki grabbed the letter and opened it, she read every letter written there and her yes narrowed and threw the paper , that almost hit Mimi, which eventually woke her up.

 

[YUKI’S POV]

Im seriously , what the heck are those ed thinking right now? Are they out of their heads to just give two choices to not have ANY CHOICE? They truly have gone stupid and crazy than Kei and Yuto are. I threw the paper and almost woke Mimi up, and yes she woke up. And because Im pissed early in the morning, thanks to tha stupid letter. I went to school without grabbing my breakfast.

As soon as I got up the school, I saw Airin,… YEAH SHE’S ALIVE! AFTER SOME MASHING UP SHE’S ALIVE… A BAD GRASS INDEED!

I stood up infront of her and she smirked. “So you finally received it.”

I collared her and said. “Good thing you’re here, cause my answer to that question is WHAT THE HECK WOULD BE BATTLING!” I shouted right infront of her face.

She just smirked and said. “Basketball” biting her lips and acting all girly and should I say this FLIRTY.

I looked at her and just said. “You don’t dare us to do that, you don’t know what you’re going through Airing ! And….” I turned my back at her then looked at her again. “Im not yet through you for doing such y things to MY KEITO” I said then walked out, ran to the rooftop and slumped my back on the floor then looked at the sky. ‘What the heck are they planning?” I thought to myself as I covered my face using my arm.

 

[KEITO’S POV]

I woke up early and saw Rein and Mimi looking furious, chotto, I looked around and saw no Yuki. Are? Yuki’s not around? I went up to Mimi and Rein.

“Doua? Where’s Yuki chan?” I asked still looking at the room.

“Well, she hurriedly ran to the school maybe to give the message to someone, I think she knows who to approach, and to add, she’s really mad. Gone mad.” Mimi said looking at me while she fixes her things.

“Mad ? For what?” I looked at them.

‘Well, Yuki’s a person who wuickly gets agitated over things. She doesn’t want anyone to be involved. Even it kills her, she doesn’t even talk.. So. Maybe, later, we’ll check out on her. And for sure, Yuki fixed things already. Right Mi-chan?” Rein said as she puts on her shoes and grabbed Mimi’s hand.

‘So, if you’ll excuse us, weve got some talkings to do, or beat up to make. Ja. Keitorin.” Rein added.

I looked at them and realized I should be going to school also.

[NO ONE’S POV]

Since it was declared a seniors holiday. Satomi, Yabu, Kei, Haruka and even Ryosuke was not going to school. So only Yuto, Keito, Yuki, Mimi and Rein are going.

“Maa, Yuki chan,… Doko ni iru yo?” Rein said as she was searching every room of the seniors and juniors.

Mimi shrugged her shoulders as she went on the empty room without any signs of Yuki.

The two went in their own room and saw Airin sitting there looking at the window.

‘Ehh? Airin?” Rein saw the figure and knew it was that . “what the hell are you doing here?! And.. thank goodness you’re alive…” she mocked her.

Airin glared at her and said. “Well, Im a right? So.. Im leaving a life.” She jolted at her.

“Now what the…” Rein was about to hit her when Yuto came…

“Ehhh! Rein…..Mimi..” he was gasping for his breath and looked at the three girls. Looked at Mimi as she glared at him.

Airin walked out the room and went pass Rein whispering to her. “See you at the ballgame.”

Rein looked at Airin as she was walking. “ballgame?” she told herself.

 

 

AT HANAREI

[SATOMI’S POV]

I walked out the room and saw Yabu sitting at the bench, seems like waiting for me. Well, It’s the first time I saw him…this serious I guess.

‘Oy, doua?” I walked and sat beside him as he laid his head on my shoulder. He looked at the sky and stared at it for a minute then talked.

“Na, Sato-chan…What if… Only what if……You’re the rich one and Im the one who’s in that position of yours? What would you do?”he said seriously this time he turned to look at me…

“Na, what are you saying? I cant actually get what you’re pointing out. You’re not making sense at all Yabu kun.” I looked at him now being worried at what he is thinking.

FLASHBACK

“Yabu kun…Is it true that you’re parents are not here, and you’re a son of one of the richest person here?” Doyenne asked.

Yabu nodded and just stood still as he was surprised tobe hugged by Doyenne that time as he heard her said. “Hisashiburi….”

 

END OF FLASHBACK [cliffhanger]

 

[KEITO’S POV]

Na, seriously… Yuki’s where? I scanned the third floor and now…Only one place to go.. I looked above and went up the stairs, and guess what…. I knew you were here. THE ROOFTOP.

I walked towards Yuki who was sleeping with her hands covering her face, I sat above her head and placed his head over my lap.

“Na, Yuki. Don’t be stubborn, you made everyone worry about you, even me…” I said as I hold on her hand and caressed her face, yes her angelic face.

“Yes, im inlove with this stubborn girl, but how can I make her fall inlove with me also…do I have to die just to know it? Or should I let myself to be again by that Airin for me to get a hug instead of a whack in the head.” I said as I looked at her face.

 

[NO ONE’S POV]

After that day, they went back home, they talked to Satomi and told her about the challenged up fror them, which expectedly made Satomi fired up and up for the challenge.

“Well, that’s it? A ballgame?” Satomi said as she sat in an Indian sit position. “They never called me a giant for nothing.” She glared.

Haruka looked at her and gulped. “Well, I should also be up for that! Though… I can only make foul at that.”

Rein interrupted and said. “Well, Ill give the rules at them,… theygave the challenge! I gave the rules! NO FOULS!” she said proudly.

Yuki whacked her head and said. “As if you can do that ?!” then glared at her.

Rein looked at her with what-do-you-not-think-i-cant-do-it infront of Yuki and she seem to got the message and flucked her forehead. “Whatever you fierce guy looking.”

‘So its set….A ballgame for those girls.” Mimi said in a fighting position.

“HAI!” They all said in unison and in perfect sync.

“Maa, we’re never called the MYSTIQUES for nothing!” Rein shouted for them to do their best.

 

[YABU’S POV]

Together with the guys, we sneeked where they are talking. And yes, they are up for something ridiculous again. I mean, up for some battle again which could either stay them alive or stay them dead.  I looked at Keito and he just nodded, then to Yuto then he gave me a dorky look, to Yama and …what do you expect.. a blank face… Maybe I should give this guy a drum of liquor to bathe him or to let him drink to make his presence visible to anyone…

“Naa, I think we should help? They should at this ballgame..” I said then looked at kei who was kinda bumping his head on the wall? WTH ! KEI!...

“Oyyy, Kei.. What are you doing..?” I noticed him being kinda silly not suitable for him…. And for others also.

“Oww, just trying if this is a concrete wall or what…” he said looking at us.

Yuto eyes widened and said. “Duh! You’re a senior and cant even think that if you know its concrete try knocking it with your fist,… not with your head.

I kept on laughing then thought. “CHotto ~! Kei, don’t tell me you’re inlove… Coz I think,.. this doesn’t happens to you.. I MEAN REALLY NOT HAPPENING TO YOU AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.”

Kei slumped and hugged her knees infront of use. No wonder, this guy genius here is probably damn inlove.

“Yuto help that guy up and can you please……..SLAP HIS FACE FOR PETE’S SAKE!” I ordered Yuto and he just nod.

 

SO HOW'S THIS MINNA?